Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Talking to a dealer tonight need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 PM
klynch06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, Likes it Low

Hi,

I live in Boston too, let me know how it goes for you. I am looking for a sedan myself but have been holding out to see how close to the end of the year I can wait so the desire on the dealers part is more intense to make a deal. So far I have been to Herb Chambers, Kelley, and Infiniti of Nashua. What I am finding is they are all offering different deals on their sites but when you get there the numbers are all pretty close. Herb Chambers almost sold me, I was happy with the deal they offered me but when I got there the numbers changed on my trade by $1400. I walked out and won't buy for them now. Nashua made the next best offer but I felt I could do better by waiting to see how the financing deals come out for November or December. Although I don't know if I can hold out that long LOL. Good Luck!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:08 AM
HP_John

I'm a sales consultant at a Toronto Honda dealer. Although I understand why some hate sales consultants, the industry is shifting towards being customer oriented. When I was at the Honda training course, it was emphasized in today's market, treating customers right is king, & that pressure tactics just turn people off. At our dealer, the sales consultants are always friendly, & the atmosphere is always relaxed & stress-free.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You... work for the OTHER GUYS!!

*gasp*

*murmur*
Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by psyh
You... work for the OTHER GUYS!!

*gasp*

*murmur*
Crap, I let the cat out of the bag. Disregard every piece of advice I've ever given, lol. I've only been doing it for a week.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HP_John
I'm a sales consultant at a Toronto Honda dealer. Although I understand why some hate sales consultants, the industry is shifting towards being customer oriented. When I was at the Honda training course, it was emphasized in today's market, treating customers right is king, & that pressure tactics just turn people off. At our dealer, the sales consultants are always friendly, & the atmosphere is always relaxed & stress-free.
And when Honda make more RWD cars, S2000 is 1, then maybe we'll be talking to more sales consultants. FWD wheel spin FTL.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Graham
And when Honda make more RWD cars, S2000 is 1, then maybe we'll be talking to more sales consultants. FWD wheel spin FTL.
I am a G37 owner, this is a G37 forum. All I'm saying is, based on how I was trained, it appears the industry recognizes that they need to go in a friendly, consumer-oriented direction for the future.

Obviously I wasn't spamming for Infiniti owners to buy a Honda, because obviously it's a whole other price segment.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Last I checked, there are plenty of Hondas, other than the s2k/nsx, which will eat the G around a track

@HP John: unfortunately, some customers think there is a 50%+ profit margin in the car, and expect to be treated like kings, after coming from lexus/mercedes/audi. And then, I tell them, when you want to go back to paying 170+ for an oil change, we'll provide unlimited Evian, starbucks, and croissants for you to gorge yourself on, and give you HBO.

You'll love it when customers coming from ford/chevy expect a 3k discount on a civic that only has a 800 dollar margin from cost to MSRP.

Last edited by Mike; 11-07-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^Chevy...soon to be a non-entity.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Snareman

Originally Posted by mike@riverside
@HP John: unfortunately, some customers think there is a 50%+ profit margin in the car, and expect to be treated like kings, after coming from lexus/mercedes/audi. And then, I tell them, when you want to go back to paying 170+ for an oil change, we'll provide unlimited Evian, starbucks, and croissants for you to gorge yourself on, and give you HBO.
I do get free oil changes with my BMW. Although I'm sure its built into the price of the car. I think they were around $60+ on my G35
Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Snareman

Originally Posted by DJPoop
Last week I emailed all five Infiniti dealerships in my immediate area, told them what I was looking for and with what options, and then asked them to make me an offer. Then I took the lowest offer and emailed the other dealerships asking them if they could beat that. I got a lower offer still, and then emailed the dealerships again. Continue until you get the absolute lowest offer then buy there. The beauty is you do all your negotiating over email or the phone and don't have to deal with being pressured in the dealership, and when you've accepted the offer, just go in and sign the papers. Also, you're working with the internet sales manager, and dealerships have agressive internet-only deals that they offer. By far the best way to buy a car.

BTW, my final offer was $1,000 under invoice for a fully loaded '08 G37s 6mt. I wouldn't expect to get such a great deal on on an '09, but like someone said earlier, manufacturers and dealerships alike are hurting in this economy and will be far more willing to bend over backwards to make a sale.
When I was shopping for my 335 I had a dealer in Chicago that was offering 1k over invoice (they were all going for MSRP since they were new, even though I was getting it via European Delivery where you could save money). So I emailed all of the dealers in the area and told them the options I wanted and that i wanted 1k over invoice. Several told me i was crazy, but one took me up on the offer and I got the car from them. Otherwise I would have just got it in Chicago and had it serviced here in ohio. Bottomline is that the Internet worked great for finding the deal I wanted. When I finally went to the dealer I had my payment numbers worked out exactly and they got within $1-2 of what I'd calculated. That way i knew if they were trying to pull something over on me.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 PM
buddyleee5

I am from Boston as well, and I shopped at every dealer around, kelly, infiniti or norwood, inskip in ri, herb chambers, infiniti of nashua. I talked to all of the sales managers, and for the most part they were all losers. I then went online and looked at all the dealers around and sent them my offer and what I was looking for and found competition infiniti in new york. They gave me $1000 less then anyone around Boston could do. Send me a PM if your interested in my salesman's contact info, I could not have been happier buying from them, it was a nice change from the losers at the new england dealerships
Old 11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
klynch06

I'm Interested!

Hi Buddy,

I am interested, I live just north of Boston and have been through them all and am not happy with what I have been offered compared to what I am reading on line. I would love to talk to your guy. My question though is how are you picking it up and did you have a trade?

Regards,

Last edited by klynch06; 11-09-2008 at 02:33 PM.