Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Might buy G37 tonight...help with price.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked up that exact car on long island. The only difference is that mine didnt have the kick plates. I got it for $36,400. I went to 6 other dealers in the area and one dealer said he would beat the price by $100 but all other dealers said they couldnt beat it. I might have been able to get them to come down a bit more but not much. I also got the 09% financing.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I have that same car available with no hassles. I have a great repor here and want to see more members come out in the area. PM me if you need help
Old 10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
nosaj103

what dealership in northern nj im buying 1 at englewood
Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by nosaj103
what dealership in northern nj im buying 1 at englewood
i'm 30 minutes from the Jersey border in LI. I'll make it worthwhile of a trip
Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
nosaj103

i pretty much have a deal closed for a black on black premium nav and sport at 39k. If you can beat that price i can pay in full ASAP. I have a thread right above this one mentioning it.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Frank

Originally Posted by nosaj103
i pretty much have a deal closed for a black on black premium nav and sport at 39k. If you can beat that price i can pay in full ASAP. I have a thread right above this one mentioning it.

I think you can get more off that price.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
bunluvsvw

Do a real good test drive, the G is alot slower than your 400hp evo, alot of ppl claim they can sacrifice speed for luxury but thats not the case, theres a reason why alot of us put intake and exhaust for more Hp. need more speed. but yeah, you can knock off $5200-5800 off of msrp depending on how much option you have. but since its so close to year end now, you can get around $500-800 under invoice. and Yeah, you get that $1000 rebate too and the 0.9% apr financing. so its a pretty good deal for this car now. so go to edmunds.com and factor in $1000 rebate off of invoice and then do another $500-800 off digging into the dealers holdback,they normally wont do it, but a combination of the rough economy, year end clearance, just go in the dealer and act like you dont care about this car, tell them it sucks premium only, no real back seat and its 08 left over and not to mention that in a month they wont even be able to get these things off the lot without 3 ppl pushing the bumper. Snow baby, snow. lol.....
Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the bad economy and '09 model coming out, there's no reason for you to be paying over invoice price for an '08 model. The dealership is more desperate than you are!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Great point man...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by da mayor
i'm 30 minutes from the Jersey border in LI. I'll make it worthwhile of a trip
From what I've heard, kenny is definitely worth the trip. I went to englewood to shop for my G and they totally BS'd me. They told me I was gonna pay $609 for 60 months with 2.9% with $5k down on a navi, premium G37 6MT. Then they said what color I want and I told them I'm either going to get BO or IP and they said IP cost more than the BO and those 2 colors are the most expensive ones for the G................................................. .... I never knew you had to pay more money for the color you want. So the guy took me for a test drive and then I went back a week later... Then the sales guy I was working with before was getting yelled at by his boss... that's not a good thing to do infront of customers. So then I went to talk over the prices and tried to make a deal but then they made up some other BS... he was like so the payments is going to be $696 a month for 60 months. Then I was like wtf is he talking about.. then he said the last time he might of made a mistake on the paper but they can't give me the car for $609 for 60 months with 1.9%.. So I just told him to write down the calculations on a paper for me and I just left.. 2 weeks later I went to a dealership that's about 20 min from my house and got a better deal than englewood without negotaiting.. $689 for 60 months with $5k down and 1.9% but I did some negotaiting and got it down way lower and with 0.9%. I wouldn't trust englewood but see what you can get.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:01 PM
da mayor

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
From what I've heard, kenny is definitely worth the trip. I went to englewood to shop for my G and they totally BS'd me. They told me I was gonna pay $609 for 60 months with 2.9% with $5k down on a navi, premium G37 6MT. Then they said what color I want and I told them I'm either going to get BO or IP and they said IP cost more than the BO and those 2 colors are the most expensive ones for the G................................................. .... I never knew you had to pay more money for the color you want. So the guy took me for a test drive and then I went back a week later... Then the sales guy I was working with before was getting yelled at by his boss... that's not a good thing to do infront of customers. So then I went to talk over the prices and tried to make a deal but then they made up some other BS... he was like so the payments is going to be $696 a month for 60 months. Then I was like wtf is he talking about.. then he said the last time he might of made a mistake on the paper but they can't give me the car for $609 for 60 months with 1.9%.. So I just told him to write down the calculations on a paper for me and I just left.. 2 weeks later I went to a dealership that's about 20 min from my house and got a better deal than englewood without negotaiting.. $689 for 60 months with $5k down and 1.9% but I did some negotaiting and got it down way lower and with 0.9%. I wouldn't trust englewood but see what you can get.
i appreciate the kind words. it's a tough market out there no matter what. it's just better when you make it exciting buying a new car.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
pudding

Englewood is a bad dealership, people are stupid there. They didn't even know that there would be a G37x. One of the guys told me that if it was coming out, it wouldn't be out until January, if they decide to make it. Well they decided idiot, a long time ago. This was in August. lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by pudding
Englewood is a bad dealership, people are stupid there. They didn't even know that there would be a G37x. One of the guys told me that if it was coming out, it wouldn't be out until January, if they decide to make it. Well they decided idiot, a long time ago. This was in August. lol.
I went shopping for my G there in august too. The sales guy was Deandrae or something... he spits when he talks.. he also stutters when he lies. So if your talking to him and he stutters I suggest you walk away.. lol
Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^Ha! Hank Paulson stutters also

Sorry for the off-topic!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
pudding

I went shopping for my G there in august too. The sales guy was Deandrae or something... he spits when he talks.. he also stutters when he lies. So if your talking to him and he stutters I suggest you walk away.. lol
Yeah... probably who I spoke with. He didn't really know much. I went to another dealer after that on the highway. Although I didn't end up going with the G, they were a lot better and actually knew about the G37x. lol.

Quick Reply: Might buy G37 tonight...help with price.