Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

How much did you negotiate off of your G37?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
abravenewworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much did you negotiate off of your G37?

Im thinking of purchasing an '09 with the sport/premium/nav package for around 44,000 MSRP. How much price were you guy able to knock it down to before driving off? Whats your monthly payments / years financed? I am thinking of waiting for the '09 this winter for the 7AT and am starting to think more specifically how much it will cost. Probably going with 4-5 year financing and wondering if you recommend how much to initially put down?
I live in California (calculating sales tax into it) and tried some car loan calculators, but wondered how you have all decided to go about it.

Thanks

Last edited by abravenewworld; 07-15-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
No negotiating for me. I was a VPP customer. WooT!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
lin

I sent an email saying i wanted 500 over invoice and got it.

All the price negotiations were done via email before I even went in to the dealership.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:32 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lin
I sent an email saying i wanted 500 over invoice and got it.

All the price negotiations were done via email before I even went in to the dealership.
Uh you should have said you wanted $500 UNDER invoice, any dealer would throw $500 over to you.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
RIDEwithG

around $37 over invoice, after destination.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
No negotiating for me. I was a VPP customer. WooT!
+1 me too. it was great that VPP was available for this car so early. We almost got the same identical car, except you got the illuminated kickplates. Bleh, didn't appeal to me, but to each his own.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they wanted 43,875..i got it down to 40k out the door
Old 07-18-2008, 07:01 PM
reddemon73

Here in the Seattle area, if you offer +$1000 over invoice, the dealerships just laugh in your face. Can't seem to get anything under +$1500 here.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 PM
abravenewworld

with the nav+sport+premium package for 44,000 how much should i try to negotiate down to?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by abravenewworld
Im thinking of purchasing an '09 with the sport/premium/nav package for around 44,000 MSRP. How much price were you guy able to knock it down to before driving off? Whats your monthly payments / years financed? I am thinking of waiting for the '09 this winter for the 7AT and am starting to think more specifically how much it will cost. Probably going with 4-5 year financing and wondering if you recommend how much to initially put down?
I live in California (calculating sales tax into it) and tried some car loan calculators, but wondered how you have all decided to go about it.

Thanks
A Brave New World,

With all due respect, I can't believe you are asking this question ? The answer is simple - invoice. You should pay invoice and no more. Additionally, I would not finance. I would lease for either two or three years with no money down. Let your hard earned (and future) money work for you.

Semper Fi
Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by Former USMC
A Brave New World,

With all due respect, I can't believe you are asking this question ? The answer is simple - invoice. You should pay invoice and no more. Additionally, I would not finance. I would lease for either two or three years with no money down. Let your hard earned (and future) money work for you.

Semper Fi
Sorry USMC, but I'm going to disagree with you on this one.

Yes, you should always start with invoice as the sale price then ADD whatever factory rebate is available. If you are a previous Infiniti customer, you have around $1500 worth in loyalty cash available PLUS 1.9% financing for up to 60 months.

Right now, buying seems more attractive than leasing since July's numbers are not as good as May/June. I am a major leasing advocate, but I think leasing just doesn't look as good right now. So if your initial plan is to buy, right now is not a bad time.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
Sorry USMC, but I'm going to disagree with you on this one.

Yes, you should always start with invoice as the sale price then ADD whatever factory rebate is available.

Agreed!

If you are a previous Infiniti customer, you have around $1500 worth in loyalty cash available PLUS 1.9% financing for up to 60 months.

Also agree! A 1.9% is a very attractive finance rate.

Right now, buying seems more attractive than leasing since July's numbers are not as good as May/June. I am a major leasing advocate, but I think leasing just doesn't look as good right now. So if your initial plan is to buy, right now is not a bad time.
I would also include mileage...many times autos are used for business and the miles can add up quickly...

Ride with G - you raise some good points.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
dav

RidewithG... what part of SoCal are you in? I am trying to work a deal with the santa barbara infiniti and they generally are saying +500 over invoice. If I had some other places I need to call to get the best deal, I'll drive down
Old 07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Roseyhebert

I got $4500 off. Sticker was $39K and I got it for under $35K but I can't remember what the actual invoice was. I guess sticker price and invoice price aren't the same...or are they?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by dav
RidewithG... what part of SoCal are you in? I am trying to work a deal with the santa barbara infiniti and they generally are saying +500 over invoice. If I had some other places I need to call to get the best deal, I'll drive down
Dav, I sent you PM with some info. I'm located in LA/OC area and there are at least 7 dealers within 45 min driving radius. There are tons of dealerships here which are competing very hard for your business. Some better than others. There are a couple I would avoid outright, like Glendale (never contact me after I sent in my inquiry, rude) & Montclair (pushy internet sales guy that won't quote over email).

Quick Reply: How much did you negotiate off of your G37?