Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

What are your payments a month?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickB
Or 4) Don't believe it's financially smart to throw tens of thousands of dollars upfront on a rapidly depreciating asset.

I love #3 and how people who finance think they OWN their car, versus "just renting" with a lease. Unless you have paid your final finance payment or drop the full 38K initially, you don't OWN squat. If you doubt that, stop making payments to your financial institution and see who REALLY owns your car.

I gave up the frills. I got a Base G37, had VPP, but (I think) negotiated lower from there: 2000 DOD, 350/ mth, 12K per year. Even if I blow over the mileage, I still have options that make financing still a bad decision financially speaking. In two years if I have 37K miles on it, I can arrainge a buyer to pay the residual amount, or close enough where my amount to settle up with the original lease wouldn't come close to pouring our 5K initially and 600/ mth instead of the 2K and 350/ mnth I've been paying.

After two years at my numbers, the total cost is 10,400 while the finance example is 19,400. That means my "high mileage" leased vehicle would have to sell for 9,001.00 LESS to make financing a better deal even with high miles. If you need to put 10K in mods on your car, why don't you just buy 10K more car?? Heck you'd be able to pick up a V-8 M3 for under 60K and if a V-8 screaming at 8K RPM's isn't fast enough for you, well, you should be in military flight school...
wow man, sounds like you have a lot animosity towards people who finance. lol calm down. I was just naming some reasons (all of which are true..)

First, I never said by financing I'd own the car THE FIRST MINUTE I DRIVE IT OUT. Eventually, after all is paid, I WILL OWN IT. I'm not retarded, I know if i dont make my payments I can say goodbye to my car. I like how you typecast everyone who finances by saying that we all think we "own" our car. You're coming off as sounding that leasing is the ONLY OPTION THAT MAKES SENSE FOR EVERYONE. Everyone's got their own reasons and what not, why not just leave it at that?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:48 AM
gxerboi750

G37s with navi, $39,250. IP
$760/mo. 24 months.
I was upside down by 5k when i traded in my chevy truck. In two years i break even (pretty much).Got to drive a much nicer car and got huge tax write off. It's a nice way of getting my money back from uncle sam.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:03 PM
RickB

Originally Posted by Taktix1
wow man, sounds like you have a lot animosity towards people who finance. lol calm down. I was just naming some reasons (all of which are true..)

First, I never said by financing I'd own the car THE FIRST MINUTE I DRIVE IT OUT. Eventually, after all is paid, I WILL OWN IT. I'm not retarded, I know if i dont make my payments I can say goodbye to my car. I like how you typecast everyone who finances by saying that we all think we "own" our car. You're coming off as sounding that leasing is the ONLY OPTION THAT MAKES SENSE FOR EVERYONE. Everyone's got their own reasons and what not, why not just leave it at that?
I have no animosity at all. I'm just examining the reasons you listed and expounding on them a bit. It's your money. Do what you want, but perhaps unknowingly you were a little jerkey yourself:

1) Don't have a lot of money to put down on a car as a down payment
2) Want to get out of the car in a few years to get something newer down the road
3) Want lower monthly payments and in turn not own the car outright.

Don't have a lot of money to put down??? That is a negative statement the way I read it. Like you should only lease if you "can't afford to finance." Perhaps I read your intention wrong, but #1 is indeed false. You don't have to be poor to think saving money is a good idea. Which is why I provided the example above. Personally I do think most people would benefit from leasing their vehicles when total cost is considered. Some people buy a new car with the intention of paying for it and eventually not having a car payment, but in most cases by the time it's paid off, you are also out of warranty, so you either take an extreme chance in driving without a warranty, or paying more money for an aftermarket one that has more loopholes than you'd care to put faith in.

I wasn't trying to single you out, but I can't tell you how many times people speak of "not owning the car" as the reason they don't want to lease, as they are making their 600/ mth car payment. I contend that most people who finance their car are looking to buy another one before they realize much savings if they are intending to pay off the car. Again it's a depreciating asset from the get go, and most people aren't going to drive their G until the wheels fall off. 3-4 years from now, they'll want something else. I know I will, that's why I lease. But you are right, it's not the perfect fit for everyone and I wasn't trying to say that. I think more people finance than should. They are driving a Ford Focus and paying more per month than I am because they are financing it. Perhaps if they opened their minds about what they really do with a car, they would find they could either drive a similar car for alot less, or stay the same payment wise and drive a nicer ride.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM
DevilDog_37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they give military discounts ?
Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Taktix1

I have no animosity at all. I'm just examining the reasons you listed and expounding on them a bit. It's your money. Do what you want, but perhaps unknowingly you were a little jerkey yourself:

1) Don't have a lot of money to put down on a car as a down payment
2) Want to get out of the car in a few years to get something newer down the road
3) Want lower monthly payments and in turn not own the car outright.

Don't have a lot of money to put down??? That is a negative statement the way I read it. Like you should only lease if you "can't afford to finance." Perhaps I read your intention wrong, but #1 is indeed false. You don't have to be poor to think saving money is a good idea. Which is why I provided the example above. Personally I do think most people would benefit from leasing their vehicles when total cost is considered. Some people buy a new car with the intention of paying for it and eventually not having a car payment, but in most cases by the time it's paid off, you are also out of warranty, so you either take an extreme chance in driving without a warranty, or paying more money for an aftermarket one that has more loopholes than you'd care to put faith in.

I wasn't trying to single you out, but I can't tell you how many times people speak of "not owning the car" as the reason they don't want to lease, as they are making their 600/ mth car payment. I contend that most people who finance their car are looking to buy another one before they realize much savings if they are intending to pay off the car. Again it's a depreciating asset from the get go, and most people aren't going to drive their G until the wheels fall off. 3-4 years from now, they'll want something else. I know I will, that's why I lease. But you are right, it's not the perfect fit for everyone and I wasn't trying to say that. I think more people finance than should. They are driving a Ford Focus and paying more per month than I am because they are financing it. Perhaps if they opened their minds about what they really do with a car, they would find they could either drive a similar car for alot less, or stay the same payment wise and drive a nicer ride.
I get your point. When I was looking for the G I considered leasing, however, the leasing rates werent good at all at the time (car just got released) and working the numbers, if I paid about 125 more per month, I could finance it, all things being equal. So, I opted that route. I think if I were to buy it NOW instead of months and months ago, I'd probably lease, however like I said, I drive about 20k a year so I have to add that into the equation also.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
RickB

Originally Posted by DevilDog_37
Do they give military discounts ?
Not for bullet sponges...

Just kidding Marine. Semper Fi

3/75th Rangers 92-93
Old 09-02-2008, 01:47 PM
DevilDog_37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not for bullet sponges...

Just kidding Marine. Semper Fi

3/75th Rangers 92-93

lol...ooh raah
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 AM
dupontg35

Originally Posted by gxerboi750
G37s with navi, $39,250. IP
$760/mo. 24 months.
I was upside down by 5k when i traded in my chevy truck. In two years i break even (pretty much).Got to drive a much nicer car and got huge tax write off. It's a nice way of getting my money back from uncle sam.
I heard someone else say that before. How do you get a tax write-off?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM
gnarf

3800 down
393 per month
24 months
12k miles per year
journey with prem package...IP

edit: the 3800 includes every fee (like doc, tax etc.)

Last edited by gnarf; 09-03-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Keng

Originally Posted by dupontg35
I heard someone else say that before. How do you get a tax write-off?
You write down the lease as company expense, if you own an business.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:29 PM
nosocoeckodoz

lease g37s black 6mt, premium, navi, kick plates, splash guards, trunk mat/net 14 miles on it tag $43k
3k down includes first payment title tags reg sales tax
577 a mo / 39 mo
17,000 miles a year

decent deal anyone? next time i lease im not putting anything down, was my first lease at age 22, 2 weeks ago

Last edited by nosocoeckodoz; 09-04-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: options
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
omfG37

Finance G37 premium, navi, illuminated kick plates
37,500 ($1,000 below invoice! Took 5-6 hours of negotiating)
5k down
1.9% financing
639/month

Last edited by omfG37; 09-04-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
poggagga

Didn't anybody around here ask about the "no money" deal? Here's mine:

0 down
go down on 1 woman at the dealer weekly
pound 3 women at the dealer monthly
24 months
15,000 miles

I'm ok with it, but I think I could've done better.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:59 PM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G37S 6MT
$1000 down
1.9% 36 months
$1368 per month

But I usually pound down $1500-3000 per month cuz I hate payments and want to squash it asap.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Nighthawk26

G37S, Full Tech package (here in canada means EVERY option thats offered)
1.9% 36 months
ZERO down and not a nickle other thatn 1st payment on delivery
$730 all in.

Buyout not sure, don't care, self employed I write 80% of my car expense off. I'll keep it for a year or 2, if I get bored at that deal it will be a simple lease to get out of.

Quick Reply: What are your payments a month?