Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Cash Purchase Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
HP_John

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kkokko
What if I get the base model, in Washington? and drive it up myself...They may not go below invoice, but maybe little over invoice?
I don't know if you'll have to pay state taxes in Washington for non-residents & driving on their roads, but you can ask on RedFlagDeals, it's a great source for importers. I do know that Cdns are being taken advantage of by dealers in states that border Canada. Even with shipping from Cali, I saved about $2,500 vs NY state dealers. These dealers in border states sell to Americans for much less than Cdns, but since they know we're saving $ they gouge us with excuses.

Just email some Washington dealers' internet department that you're a Cdn & want a G37 for invoice, see what they say.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HP_John
I don't know if you'll have to pay state taxes in Washington for non-residents & driving on their roads, but you can ask on RedFlagDeals, it's a great source for importers. I do know that Cdns are being taken advantage of by dealers in states that border Canada. Even with shipping from Cali, I saved about $2,500 vs NY state dealers. These dealers in border states sell to Americans for much less than Cdns, but since they know we're saving $ they gouge us with excuses.

Just email some Washington dealers' internet department that you're a Cdn & want a G37 for invoice, see what they say.
yea, i did they aren't being too cooperative.. What do you think if I i can get few hundred above invoice for a base g37 in the states? Do you think it's a good idea to get a base g37 now? I checked out all the journey/premium features and honestly don't think I need them however suggestions are welcomed. And no they said if i give them 2 piecs of ID it will be tax free.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:27 AM
HP_John

yea, i did they aren't being too cooperative.. What do you think if I i can get few hundred above invoice for a base g37 in the states? Do you think it's a good idea to get a base g37 now? I checked out all the journey/premium features and honestly don't think I need them however suggestions are welcomed. And no they said if i give them 2 piecs of ID it will be tax free.
You can get $500 under invoice on a US base, same as any G37 model (as long as it's Cali). Email some Washington dealers' internet dept & say you want under invoice or invoice. If you don't think you need the premium, save the $ & get the base.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're Cdn, you can avoid any Cali sales tax by having the car shipped instead of driving it back to Canada. Once you drive it yourself on Cali rds, you have to pay their taxes.
Not true. If the vehicle is going to be registered out of California and is removed from California upon delivery, no California state sales tax.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:43 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Will a base model of a g37 have a problem with resale value in 5 yrs?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Also what are your guys opinion on an auto base model, I've read the thread to sport or not to sport etc... This will be my first lux/sports car.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by notalk
Not true. If the vehicle is going to be registered out of California and is removed from California upon delivery, no California state sales tax.
The dealer told me if I drive the car in California, even though I'm a non-resident, I would have to pay California state taxes. Many other out of state buyers have been told the same. Weird.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:44 PM
RIDEwithG

Also what are your guys opinion on an auto base model, I've read the thread to sport or not to sport etc... This will be my first lux/sports car.
If you live in an area with little or no traffic, get the G37 Sport. I have a G37 base auto, its fairly well appointed for a base model, but having a manual transmission makes the car more responsive and a bit more fun to drive.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
If you live in an area with little or no traffic, get the G37 Sport. I have a G37 base auto, its fairly well appointed for a base model, but having a manual transmission makes the car more responsive and a bit more fun to drive.
I do not know how to drive Manual, and I think there would be too much stop and go for it here. However I was thinking about the Journey Sports or just the Base.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
RIDEwithG

I do not know how to drive Manual, and I think there would be too much stop and go for it here. However I was thinking about the Journey Sports or just the Base.
If you want all the goodies, Journey Sport. If you just want the basic stuff, go base. The base offers better lease rates if you plan on leasing. The residual a bit higher on the base than on the journey so that does add to the monthly payments...not to mention the higher sticker price for the sports package.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

I wonder... since 2009 is suppose to come out aug-sept should I wait?

Will it take awhile for the RIV to approve it for importation to canada? Also what kind of prices in Seattle/Cali when the new 09s come out?

Will it be possible to get invoice or just msrp?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
HP_John

I wonder... since 2009 is suppose to come out aug-sept should I wait?

Will it take awhile for the RIV to approve it for importation to canada? Also what kind of prices in Seattle/Cali when the new 09s come out?

Will it be possible to get invoice or just msrp?
I would've waited for the 09, even if it meant MSRP. AWD, 7-sp auto, self-healing paint. I imagine 09 may go for MSRP, a lot of new features over the 08.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 AM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer told me if I drive the car in California, even though I'm a non-resident, I would have to pay California state taxes. Many other out of state buyers have been told the same. Weird.
Maybe because the dealer did not want to have to fill out the "drive away" paperwork, get a temporary California 10 day "drive away" permit for you and have to keep your sale separate from the all California registered vehicles for the FTB audit.

And, maybe, the salesman doesn't know anything about this.