Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Calculation of Lease Payment

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
slickcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calculation of Lease Payment

Hey Guys,
I need you experts to help me out. Im ready to become part of the G37 family but I need your help in calculation of the lease payment. Im using "ride with G calulator" and the numbers aren't lining up. Can you please assist. Im putting zero down. Here is what the dealer quoted me.

G37 with premium, navigation, sport and illuminated kick plates. i am using VA rates which is 3% tax

MSRP of this vehicle is $44,559 Sale Price:40000
On a 24 month lease your payment will be $609.47 with just your first month payment down. Money factor is .00184 Residual is 72%

On a 36 month lease your payment is 573.85. Money factor is .00192 Residual is 62%

The calculator is giving me a payment of 504.78. I dont understand how me and the dealer are so far apart? I have attached the calculator. I think is not calculating the taxes, but im not sure. Can someone help?
Attached Files
File Type: zip
rwg-leasecalc.zip (3.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you factored in license, tax, and the 595 bank fee?
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
RIDEwithG

What? Are you saying my calculator is wrong? JUST KIDDING!
Sure I can help you out a bit. I can see you included the 595 bank fee as part of your calculation (that is how you got the 504.78, right?)
A couple of things you should know before we go further. DOWN PAYMENT is not the same thing as DRIVE-OFF FEES. I just want to clarify because some folks use that interchangeably. When you say down payment, that mean cap cost reduction. As mike says, you still gotta pay doc fees, dmv fees, tire tax and whatever fees (bogus or not) your dealer charges. If those are being rolled into your payments, then you numbers will differ. The calculator you are using "assumes" you will pay those drive-off fees separate. If you don't, you can just added it into the calculator under "doc and other fees" so it rolls into the payments.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
slickcat

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
What? Are you saying my calculator is wrong? JUST KIDDING!
Sure I can help you out a bit. I can see you included the 595 bank fee as part of your calculation (that is how you got the 504.78, right?)
A couple of things you should know before we go further. DOWN PAYMENT is not the same thing as DRIVE-OFF FEES. I just want to clarify because some folks use that interchangeably. When you say down payment, that mean cap cost reduction. As mike says, you still gotta pay doc fees, dmv fees, tire tax and whatever fees (bogus or not) your dealer charges. If those are being rolled into your payments, then you numbers will differ. The calculator you are using "assumes" you will pay those drive-off fees separate. If you don't, you can just added it into the calculator under "doc and other fees" so it rolls into the payments.
Hi,
I would dare not say the calculator is wrong

I am not including the Doc fees ( 100$) as im paying that up front. That and 1st month payment and doc is my only drive off. Even i was rolling the doc fee, tags and title there should not be that much disparity in the payment.

let me ask you does your Calculator include taxes in the payment. I do see the field there but just checking? FYI, I am rolling my taxes in the payment.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by slickcat
Hi,
I would dare not say the calculator is wrong

I am not including the Doc fees ( 100$) as im paying that up front. That and 1st month payment and doc is my only drive off. Even i was rolling the doc fee, tags and title there should not be that much disparity in the payment.

let me ask you does your Calculator include taxes in the payment. I do see the field there but just checking? FYI, I am rolling my taxes in the payment.
I see. So you're being charged a financing fee on your taxes too since you are rolling it into the payments?
The way you can "adjust" the calculator is to set 0% as your sales tax and add the actually TAX amount your are being charged into the "doc/other fees" field.
Unfortunately, I built the calculator based on how we do lease calculations here in California, which tax is paid on a monthly basis. So some folks need to get a bit creative if they gotta pay taxes upfront and decide to roll it into your payments.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
slickcat

I see. So you're being charged a financing fee on your taxes too since you are rolling it into the payments?
The way you can "adjust" the calculator is to set 0% as your sales tax and add the actually TAX amount your are being charged into the "doc/other fees" field.
Unfortunately, I built the calculator based on how we do lease calculations here in California, which tax is paid on a monthly basis. So some folks need to get a bit creative if they gotta pay taxes upfront and decide to roll it into your payments.
Ok the dealer messed up, he quoted me MD (6%)rates as opposed to VA rates(3%)

So now the new quote is 24 months 12k miles $557 36 months 12k miles $538.
I used you calc by putting the tax in other fees and im within 10$ of the dealer price. I work them down to the 10$

Since there is only a $19 diffrence between the two quotes should i go with 24 or 26 months any recomendations.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM
RIDEwithG

whichever fits your budget best. Keep in mind that there could be some tire costs in the 36mo lease since u may need to replace tires before the lease ends. With the 24mo lease, chances are you won't, so you can save yourself a good 1k or so right there. But then, you'll be paying bank and doc fees again since u'll have to get into a new car 1 year earlier. It's all relative.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
slickcat

whichever fits your budget best. Keep in mind that there could be some tire costs in the 36mo lease since u may need to replace tires before the lease ends. With the 24mo lease, chances are you won't, so you can save yourself a good 1k or so right there. But then, you'll be paying bank and doc fees again since u'll have to get into a new car 1 year earlier. It's all relative.
What if i release an infiniti. Don they give any incentives or waivers.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM
RIDEwithG

I don't know of any...then again, i don't work for Infiniti. DaveISM and mike@riverside might be able to answer that question. your best bet is to tell your current dealer that you are ready to pull the trigger today if they are willing take back your current Infiniti without changing the deal. See what they say.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Dave ISM

What if i release an infiniti. Don they give any incentives or waivers.
IFS currently offers a $500 credit toward any over-mileage penalties or damages to the current leased vehicle when you lease a new one. Go with a different lender for the lease and you lose that credit. Also, this is a current offering and can expire at any time so it's not guaranteed to be there when this lease you're looking to get into matures.

To answer the question you emailed me as well, I can sell a vehicle anywhere in the States, however it's complicated with registration, taxes, and fees. Also, you're coming out of pocket for the transportation costs to get a vehicle from California clear across the U.S. in addition to all your registration fees are your responsibility and must be paid for up front by you to your State. It's thousands more out of pocket to save yourself a little money; IMO, not worth it. Just work with your local dealer instead and get it done right the first time.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:46 PM
dirtboy

24 mo.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:56 PM
qnzillist

lease

hey ppl im about to lease a loaded g with out teck pkg for 475 a mnth 24 months 12k miles a year 3k out of pocket should i take it? and 2 years free oil change.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:14 PM
RIDEwithG

Dunno should you? would you take a deal like that not knowing what the sale price is, what kind of interest they charge and what fees they are charging you?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
raZr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lease Deal in NJ

For a $42,325 g37, automatic, everything but sports package, I am giving up just fees out of pocket, 1700 and change, and will be getting 15k miles for 542 a month, tax included, 24 month lease.

Sports package($44,030) is 559, have to decide by wednesday if I need the 19s and all the headaches of pot holes and the winter here...

Infiniti's have the best residuals around which make for the best leases, its a steal compared to the 335 which I was looking at which would have ran me 1500 out of pocket and 725 a month, over 36 months.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:48 PM
btcharles

Hey Guys,
I need you experts to help me out. Im ready to become part of the G37 family but I need your help in calculation of the lease payment. Im using "ride with G calulator" and the numbers aren't lining up. Can you please assist. Im putting zero down. Here is what the dealer quoted me.

G37 with premium, navigation, sport and illuminated kick plates. i am using VA rates which is 3% tax

MSRP of this vehicle is $44,559 Sale Price:40000
On a 24 month lease your payment will be $609.47 with just your first month payment down. Money factor is .00184 Residual is 72%

On a 36 month lease your payment is 573.85. Money factor is .00192 Residual is 62%

The calculator is giving me a payment of 504.78. I dont understand how me and the dealer are so far apart? I have attached the calculator. I think is not calculating the taxes, but im not sure. Can someone help?
damn you need to come to NY these leases usually go about 450 per month, I pay $355 i only put down $900, plus fees first month etc. I got 6mt navi prem, sport

Quick Reply: Calculation of Lease Payment