Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

What charges should I expect on first payment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
supamanbk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What charges should I expect on first payment?

I'm expecting to sign the contract tomorrow on my new G37S. I just want to make sure that when I read the contract tomorrow I can recognize which charges are normal and which are the extra ones that I should get upset about. I'm not putting down a down payment. The taxes will be spread out over monthly payments. The first payment will obviously include the first month payment of $500 but what other charges I'll get his with? All in all how much should I expect to drop on first payment? Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i don't understand. are you talking about a down payment or your first monthly payment? your first monthly payment is the same as every other payment and is always due one month after you purchase the car. the down payment is whatever you agree to put down on the car at the time of purchase.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
i don't understand. are you talking about a down payment or your first monthly payment? your first monthly payment is the same as every other payment and is always due one month after you purchase the car. the down payment is whatever you agree to put down on the car at the time of purchase.
True with the payment. Thats going to be the same every month. The only other charges other is going to be your motor vehicles charges.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 AM
supamanbk

Sorry I'm sure I wasn't clear. I'm talking about my first payment. Which I assume will be first payment + license + bank acquisition. Am I right? How much should I expect to pay to drive away with the car?
Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you're talking about a down payment. this depends on what you want your monthly payment to be. you are required to pay taxes, tags, state registration/titling/license fees. everything else is negotiable.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 AM
supamanbk

you're talking about a down payment. this depends on what you want your monthly payment to be. you are required to pay taxes, tags, state registration/titling/license fees. everything else is negotiable.
I'm not paying a down payment. Just wondering what payment I'll have to make before driving off.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
RIDEwithG

He's not talking about down payment. he's talking about whats due at signing/delivery/drive-off

The answer is....it depends on what you're are rolling into your lease/purchase. Typically people roll in the bank fee and pay dmv, 1st payment, doc fee. But you can do whatever you want. I usually pay 1st payment and fees upfront. That way, my monthly is just the depreciation charge, finance and tax.

You should talk to your sales guy and have him break down the numbers for you before you do the paperwork. make sure you know what ur being charged and you are comfortable with it.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
The first payment can be a low as Nothing, if structured that way.

Most people will do at least the 1st payment, and some cap reduction and/or cover some/all of the fees involved (DMV, bank fee, doc, etc)