Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

infiniti of thousand oaks....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 AM
g37sick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti of thousand oaks....

so they posted an add on the newspaper, I was intruiged so called a salesmen to see what colors they had. I mentioned and confirmed the price with him and he said that he would do it. The jerk got me to drive all the way down to thousand oaks which is about an hour away only at first tell me he doesnt have it, then to say yeah he guesses that he does but the price in the add was rong and it was the newspapers mistake not theres. I wouldnt have minded if i had just set over there and they told me it was a mistake, but i called, confirmed, THEN got shot down. So i sat down with the manager to see if there was any way for him to make me happy and help me with the mistake his company i guess made ( just an advertising scheme, probably happend to 60 others). He didnt seem to into trying to help me and asked me to leave if i wasnt going to buy something. Not one time had i spoken to him disrespectfuly in that time that i was trying to make a deal, he just decided he didnt want to make that deal and basicly told me where to stick it. 2 days later i got a better price at a different dealership. These guys are croooks, instead of giving me a hook up for what they said was a mistake. they didnt even give me the best offer available. I recomend no one ever go here, and if you have.... share your experiences
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Newspaper adds are always gimmicks, IMO. Never found a single one to be true.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ +1
So damn true.
Same thing happened to me at Van Nuys Miller Infiniti.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:08 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yup... ^
Old 06-02-2008, 03:16 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
sorry to hear about that bad experience... ads are almost always too good to be true, it's an advertising strategy to get you there so you have to deal with them
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
g37sick

ya but the thing is this add wasnt fake. they had the cars that the sale says there. they said they made a mistake in a newspaper, plus the manager shouldve atleast gave me a deal after driving to his stupid dealership for an hour. he practicaly kicked me out, then the next day i get a better deal on that car.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:53 AM
RedLion

If its on paper and they have the car matching the VIN available, by law the dealership needs to honor it.

I remember in one of my Marketing classes a professor told us a story...some lady sees an ad where it says get so and so car for bananas. (without any disclaimers) she goes to the dealership and gives them bananas and tells them to give her the car...they obviously laugh at this old lady. She sues and wins.

I got an uncle who's GM at Power Ford, he tells me to never fall for those ads...they're just a way of tricking people to go to the dealership.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 AM
downstrung

TO Infiniti

My family has purchased five vehicles from Thousand Oaks Infinity. We do so because from the first car we looked at to the last we have always felt that they treated us fairly. Of course there is a bargaining process, which we endure and actually have a lot of fun with. We end up feeling good about the deals and the service is usually good. I actually leased a 2006 G35 coupe from them which just ended, and I was paying $350/month inc. tax for it, with only fees and first month at signing. It was a better deal than I heard of anywhere else.

At the same time, I'm sorry to hear they fed you some BS. When I got my G35 I went in based on an advertised price too. They told me it was just a lead to get people in the doors, and it worked. However, I stuck with it until the terms were my terms, and I think I lucked out.

Good luck with your search.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
xeddyboi420x

wow, that sucks... people are so desperate for a sale i guess?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
RIDEwithG

LOL sorry I think that's partly your own fault tho. I never DRIVE all the way over there unless the guy has it in stock and produces a Stock No. I had Infiniti of Montclair's ISM bugging me to drive over to "make a deal"...He wouldn't give me a quote online and wants me to drive 1 hr away to "make a deal". LOL No thanks. But I am sorry you had to deal with such a sleezebag though.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Dave ISM

TO is a nice store and I know a few people there. This exact scenario could have been had at any dealership, yes, including my very own too.

Advertisements are designed to make you call and ultimately, visit the store. If any of you took marketing and/or business in college, you'll understand just how this all works. Since most consumers keep kidding themselves about finding planet earth's best deal somewhere else, ads are designed to "place figures" in your head to shop and compare (especially leases).

Think a broker is hassle-free way to go? Remember two things; brokers don't work for free and must still go through a dealer to obtain the vehicle. While a broker can quote you one time what the "best deal" is via phone, email, or fax, you'll believe a broker but not me, the salesman, who can always beat a broker (who still is a licensed automotive salesman) deal simply because you, the consumer, aren't including the hidden broker fee in the deal.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by downstrung
My family has purchased five vehicles from Thousand Oaks Infinity. We do so because from the first car we looked at to the last we have always felt that they treated us fairly. Of course there is a bargaining process, which we endure and actually have a lot of fun with. We end up feeling good about the deals and the service is usually good. I actually leased a 2006 G35 coupe from them which just ended, and I was paying $350/month inc. tax for it, with only fees and first month at signing. It was a better deal than I heard of anywhere else.

At the same time, I'm sorry to hear they fed you some BS. When I got my G35 I went in based on an advertised price too. They told me it was just a lead to get people in the doors, and it worked. However, I stuck with it until the terms were my terms, and I think I lucked out.

Good luck with your search.

^^^^Im with you on this............. I negotiated the price 100% through email. When they gave me the price i was comfortable with I drove 2 1/2 hrs and they had everything laid out for me. No BS, no curve *****, just good service. About an hour of paper work and I was off.

Sorry about your experience. Who was the salesman you dealt with?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 AM
g37sick

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
LOL sorry I think that's partly your own fault tho. I never DRIVE all the way over there unless the guy has it in stock and produces a Stock No. I had Infiniti of Montclair's ISM bugging me to drive over to "make a deal"...He wouldn't give me a quote online and wants me to drive 1 hr away to "make a deal". LOL No thanks. But I am sorry you had to deal with such a sleezebag though.

i did he told me he checked and the stock numbers were in. when i got there they were still in, and what im complaining about mostly is how the guy kicked me out.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by g37sick
i did he told me he checked and the stock numbers were in. when i got there they were still in, and what im complaining about mostly is how the guy kicked me out.
I see..man, that sales guy was a total ***. Not exactly the best way to "make a sale" and establish a good "rep".
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM
BiskitG37

Best revenge is getting the word out like this.
If they really wanted to sell a car - they would have worked with you somehow, or on another car.

Quick Reply: infiniti of thousand oaks....