Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Locating a G37 the way I want it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
PhilH930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locating a G37 the way I want it!

I had a thread in the buying and leasing sub-forum discussing a deal that was in negotiation on the following vehicle:

G37 6MT
Liquid Platinum
Premium Package
Spoiler

Splash Guards
Illuminated Kick Plates
Cargo Mat / Net

I was going back to the dealer today to finalize this deal, as last night it was too late to conclude the deal and they told me the car would be held. This car was perfect, no one had even sat in the drivers seat other than me. The rear seats, visors, doors etc were wrapped in plastic. All I did was drive it for 14 miles, taking the total to 17 to see if this felt the right car for me. I didn't even gun it, knowing that this baby was for me and I was going to run it in.

I received a phone call today that it had been sold this morning while I was at work. I was disappointed to say the least. I do not need Nav or Tech, and no other vehicle like the above is in stock in Atlanta. Sure, I got over it pretty quick as the car market is a true buyers market, and another will come along soon.

The problem is locating a car like this. Even if they do find one, I do not want to pay a transfer fee. I will wait for the right car, but wondered if anyone knew a way to search nationwide for Infiniti vehicles, so i can find my spec. I know you can use the dealers websites, but these are often as out of date as todays newspaper.

The bold specs highlight what I do not want to compromise on. Do you think it will be a long wait, considering I plan to lease or can someone with inside knowledge here help me locate a car.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
makagr21

I located my own car and they did not charge me a fee. But they did have to drive the car from NY to CT. Around 50 miles. So that part sucked, but the car is exactly what I wanted.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Achilles

There has got to be more than one Infiniti dealership in Georgia. Even if there was one exactly like the one that you want, you might still have to pay a transfer fee. However, sometimes you can negotiate this fee.

Look at other dealerships in ATL or Georgia. The specs you want are not that difficult to find. They are fairly common specs.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Give Dave Persaud a call at Cerritos Infiniti. I'm sure he can locate the vehicle you want, give you a sick deal, and have it trucked to you leaving you with a big smile on your face like this (but bigger lol)
Old 05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Jerry

I didn't get charged a transfer fee either from across state. Its pretty easy for a dealer to search other inventory's so they should have no problem doing that for you. I woulden't go back there though, to me it sounds like they really did a ******* thing and sold the car out from under you.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
PhilH930

To the second poster, I have contacted all four Atlanta dealers and so far there is no inventory matching the above. Like you said, its not uncommon specs so there should be more arriving every week. The problem for me is they all seem to arrive with Nav.

Dave might well be able to help, but leasing a car from Cerritos Infiniti is a long distance relationship that might get complicated.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, I missed the lease part. Sorry about that
Old 05-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If your dealer really wants you business, they will find the car. The first dealership I went to didn't want to find me the car I wanted, so I told them, and went elsewhere.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
dirtboy

If you're looking for an 08, the problem is they are about to come out with the 09's. You might need to wait a couple months to find what you want or go out of state.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Dave ISM

Thanks gmlee86 for the nod, and to answer the thread, I can do it, however the only "extra" in the deal is the transportation costs from California to Georgia for trucking. Also, my deal on paper would be less but it's really only because I can't register a vehicle to Georgia so therefore there won't be any sales tax or license fees collected but you would be responsible for them once that vehicle hits Georgia and you'd have to pay for them in full. Just a thought however and hopefully some friendly advise.