Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

G37S Lease Price - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
dirtboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
At the end of 24mo, you will pay $1500 drive-off + $13915 in payments.
For a total of $15415. But wait a sec! The comparison can't stop there because a 39mo lease is 15mos longer. What will you do? You either ride the bus OR you lease another car. Lets say you lease the same car, same payments same drive-off. Thats another $1500 and $605 per month for the next 14 months. Thats a grand total of $25,385 in 39mo. Leasing TWO cars.
Of course I'm going to lease again. It's silly to think that at the end of a lease someone will stop driving. :P

Most of the drive off is irrelevant. I always pay the first month out of pocket, because that's what you'd do if you had a 39 mo lease too. You owe a payment on the 25th month.

Same with the DMV fees. You'll have to pay them on your lease and I'll have to pay them on mine. I never wrap them into the lease. I think wrapping both into it into the lease is foolish.

So as you can see, your example of a $1,500 drive-off is misstated.

Based on your purchase alone, you had $650 in misc drive off fees. So while I do pay a bit more each month, for a $650 premium I get a new car, new nav disc, the latest techno goodies, self healing paint (in the case of the 09 G37), potential updated styling, etc every 2 years.

It's not really that much more money.

from my example...
24 mo: $604.97
39 mo: $547.37
---------------
$57.60 difference per month (not much)
$27.08 ($650 in drive off divided by 24 mo)
---------------
$84.68 per mo more to have a new car every 2 years. (or $2,032.32)

But we're not done yet! We have to subtract the cost of keeping a car 39 months....

$2,032.32
-$ 300.00 (at 36 mo you pay dmv renewal and then again when you release
----------- at the 40th month, which is a waste of money.)
$1,732.32
$1,060.46 (new tires, tax and shipping -- from tirerack.com)
$ 85.00 (installation based on est from tirerack.com)
----------
$ 586.86 actual cost between 24 & 39 month lease or $24.45/mo.

Honestly, for $25 extra a month, I think most people will want to drive a new car every 2 years vs every 3.25 years.

And if you factor in buying a new nav disc at the 25th month at the $150-300 it drops the difference even more.

Plus the cost of the air filter and other misc at 30k miles will cost a couple hundred, so there you have it... the cost between a 24 mo and 39 mo is negated almost entirely.

As you can see, I don't see why anyone would want to get into a 36mo+ lease when a shorter lease is not that much more money and better for them.

Last edited by dirtboy; 05-28-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
PhilH930

Well I was set to go for the car. While I had some doubts over the numbers, my overall desire and satisfaction with the car outweighed this. Lets be honest, whether it be $500 or $650, throwing this into a car payment is hardly a sound financial decision, but I didn't care as it was for pure fun.

That was, until I got the message midday that they sold my car this morning. Last night they told me that would hold it for me to come back in. I understand why they took the offer incase I bolted on them, but still was disappointed.

The problem now is to find the same car, as I do not want to compromise. I love the liquid platinum 6MT with Prem and spoiler; I do not need NAV or Tech. My problem is finding a vehicle like this; no one in Atlanta has one. There are some fully loaded ones, and there are many 5AT's like this, but not the baby I am after.

I can wait for the right car if need be. If only there was a way to search a national infiniti database (hint hint).
Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by dirtboy
Of course I'm going to lease again. It's silly to think that at the end of a lease someone will stop driving. :P

Most of the drive off is irrelevant. I always pay the first month out of pocket, because that's what you'd do if you had a 39 mo lease too. You owe a payment on the 25th month.

Same with the DMV fees. You'll have to pay them on your lease and I'll have to pay them on mine. I never wrap them into the lease. I think wrapping both into it into the lease is foolish.

So as you can see, your example of a $1,500 drive-off is misstated.

Based on your purchase alone, you had $650 in misc drive off fees. So while I do pay a bit more each month, for a $650 premium I get a new car, new nav disc, the latest techno goodies, self healing paint (in the case of the 09 G37), potential updated styling, etc every 2 years.

It's not really that much more money.

from my example...
24 mo: $604.97
39 mo: $547.37
---------------
$57.60 difference per month (not much)
$27.08 ($650 in drive off divided by 24 mo)
---------------
$84.68 per mo more to have a new car every 2 years. (or $2,032.32)

But we're not done yet! We have to subtract the cost of keeping a car 39 months....

$2,032.32
-$ 300.00 (at 36 mo you pay dmv renewal and then again when you release
----------- at the 40th month, which is a waste of money.)
$1,732.32
$1,060.46 (new tires, tax and shipping -- from tirerack.com)
$ 85.00 (installation based on est from tirerack.com)
----------
$ 586.86 actual cost between 24 & 39 month lease or $24.45/mo.

Honestly, for $25 extra a month, I think most people will want to drive a new car every 2 years vs every 3.25 years.

And if you factor in buying a new nav disc at the 25th month at the $150-300 it drops the difference even more.

Plus the cost of the air filter and other misc at 30k miles will cost a couple hundred, so there you have it... the cost between a 24 mo and 39 mo is negated almost entirely.

As you can see, I don't see why anyone would want to get into a 36mo+ lease when a shorter lease is not that much more money and better for them.
Haahaa FINE! I still like having 600 bucks in my pocket tho. :P I guess the main thing is how something like that fits into a person's budget. Plus that $600 bucks will fuel your car for a few months. You got a point tho, I'll give you that.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 AM
PhilH930

Hopefully someone can provide a quick reply to this, as I am looking to move on the car today, getting a 5/31 deal!

The dealer has got what I want, but its effectively a demo car of the finance manager at the dealership. The car exceeds what i wanted before and has 600 miles on it. I am yet to drive and inspect the car, but anticipate it to be in brand new condition:

G37S 6MT
Liquid Plat
Graphite
Prem
Nav
Spoiler
Kick Plates
Cargo Net

MSRP: $43,145
Sale Price: $39,654

Unfortunately, Edmunds does not quote invoice price on this car, which is why I am looking for assistance here. Thanks
Old 05-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by PhilH930
Hopefully someone can provide a quick reply to this, as I am looking to move on the car today, getting a 5/31 deal!

The dealer has got what I want, but its effectively a demo car of the finance manager at the dealership. The car exceeds what i wanted before and has 600 miles on it. I am yet to drive and inspect the car, but anticipate it to be in brand new condition:

G37S 6MT
Liquid Plat
Graphite
Prem
Nav
Spoiler
Kick Plates
Cargo Net

MSRP: $43,145
Sale Price: $39,654

Unfortunately, Edmunds does not quote invoice price on this car, which is why I am looking for assistance here. Thanks
Phil H,

Without doing the research - is $39654 the invoice price for the car? Ask them to see the invoice price. Since this is the last day of the month, they are under the gun to make their numbers - thus, your advantage. With 600 miles on the car, the car is considered a demo - ask for more discount. Many on the forum are getting their car of choice at invoice with 10 or less miles.

Perhaps you can negotiate chrome wheels (if you'd like them), clear bra, window tinting, etc. You are in the driver's seat - negotiate for a better price and hopefully you're dealing the with the internet or fleet manager for more effective decision making.

Make big decisions with your mind, not your heart. Infinti will always have what you want - customers should get what they want at their price.

Good luck - remember - invoice or better.

Semper Fi
Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
PhilH930

I have some additional numbers. The invoice price on the car is $38,469, then they had a VPP discount for me bringing it to $37,834.26. However, they are adding the following fees back onto the deal - wheel locks $150, Delear Delivery Fee $945 and Dest & handling $715, bring it back to $39,654. These add on costs seem like a con and just one way to bump the price back up. I won't pay for this, especially on a 600m car.

I'll offer them the invoice price, no money down and see what they say.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Former USMC

I have some additional numbers. The invoice price on the car is $38,469, then they had a VPP discount for me bringing it to $37,834.26. However, they are adding the following fees back onto the deal - wheel locks $150, Delear Delivery Fee $945 and Dest & handling $715, bring it back to $39,654. These add on costs seem like a con and just one way to bump the price back up. I won't pay for this, especially on a 600m car.

I'll offer them the invoice price, no money down and see what they say.
Bravo! Stick to your guns - it's obvious you have guts! Those prices are sorely inflated.

Semper Fi
Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
PhilH930

Well I'm the proud owner of a new G37 6MT. I did not go for the one above, although it only had 600 miles on it the car did not have a new feeling to it. It felt to me that the dealer driving the car had given it a hard life in its short time.

My wife and I found a car with only 20 miles on it, which had the perfect new car smell. Its my first new car. Its a graphite platinum 6MT with Prem, Splash, Kick Plates, Net, Mat. The only compromise I had to make was on the spoiler, but I was able to get over that.

I got the last vehicle of the day from the dealership, and pushed them all the way for the deal. It ended up being $500 per month, including all taxes for 38 more payments with 15k miles per year. Having seen deals over the past two weeks in Atlanta, and seeing the car discussed in posts abov for $590 per month (they would not budge on the hidden fees and the Nav put the price beyond my comfort level), I am more than satisfied with this deal. The car feels great too, a perfect fit. The engine is smooth as silk, I'm running it in. There is no vibration what so ever with the gear lever (although it may appear!). Overall, one happy guy.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Former USMC

Well I'm the proud owner of a new G37 6MT. I did not go for the one above, although it only had 600 miles on it the car did not have a new feeling to it. It felt to me that the dealer driving the car had given it a hard life in its short time.

My wife and I found a car with only 20 miles on it, which had the perfect new car smell. Its my first new car. Its a graphite platinum 6MT with Prem, Splash, Kick Plates, Net, Mat. The only compromise I had to make was on the spoiler, but I was able to get over that.

I got the last vehicle of the day from the dealership, and pushed them all the way for the deal. It ended up being $500 per month, including all taxes for 38 more payments with 15k miles per year. Having seen deals over the past two weeks in Atlanta, and seeing the car discussed in posts abov for $590 per month (they would not budge on the hidden fees and the Nav put the price beyond my comfort level), I am more than satisfied with this deal. The car feels great too, a perfect fit. The engine is smooth as silk, I'm running it in. There is no vibration what so ever with the gear lever (although it may appear!). Overall, one happy guy.
Well done - welcome to the Infiniti G37 club...you will enjoy your new car.

Semper Fi