Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Kearny Mesa Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM
chain492

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kearny Mesa Infiniti

Just wondering... is Kearny Mesa Infiniti the one to take my business to? Or should I go to somewhere else? I heard escondido has *** service, so whats your opinion? Oh, and what dealers do you recommend besides Riverside Infiniti?

EDIT: At Kearny Mesa Infinti, do you guys recommend any people i should do my business with? (except the spokesperson chick lol.) I am currently talking to Vince, he seems pretty nice and helpful, but he was rushing the sale ALOT!

Last edited by chain492; 05-03-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I went to infiniti of thousand oaks got good service and my car below invoice. Easiest transaction ever.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 PM
chain492

Originally Posted by amoney805
I went to infiniti of thousand oaks got good service and my car below invoice. Easiest transaction ever.
how far located is thousand oaks from.. rancho bernardo area?? id love to get a g37 under invoice. the kearny mesa infiniti people acted so cocky offering me a g35 at invoice thinking its so cheap and that i dont know how much it really should cost. lol!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
amoney805

^^^^Not too sure. Im in the central coast, drove about 2 hours south to get there.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YOu guys wanna know something about Kearny Mesa Infiniti??

Check this out... lol

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200683
Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 AM
prutkows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chain492
Just wondering... is Kearny Mes Infiniti the one to take my business to? Or should I go to somewhere else? I heard escondido has *** service, so whats your opinion? Oh, and what dealers do you recommend besides Riverside Infiniti?
Best way to figure out your question is to go to dealers in your area or contact other dealers in the more extended area. Two main infiniti dealerships in STL are Plaza and Bommarito. I spoke to both over the phone and went in to both dealerships. Plaza wasnt as helpful and was really trying to push the sale, Bommarito was a lot nicer, more patient, and easier to deal with; so i picked Bommarito.

Different people view different dealerships differently, gotta find what you like.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Naykidninjas

Originally Posted by amoney805
How do you get the car below invoice? Wouldn't the dealership not make any profit that way? How does that work? Also, did thousand oaks infiniti already have the car you wanted or did they have to order the car from somewhere else? The best I could get from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys was $500 over invoice.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
amoney805

Dealers make a profit in a number of ways. Even if they dont make profit on the car directly its still in their best interest to move cars. They get kick backs from corporation........Start out by emailing all the dealerships in your area and would be willing to drive to. Get their quotes. Then email them back saying you got offered xxxx amount from Y dealership. Eventually it becomes a bidding war for the dealerships that want your business.
I never set foot in a dealership. Got the price I wanted and everything was ready when I got there. Very smooth transaction. Good luck!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by Naykidninjas
How do you get the car below invoice? Wouldn't the dealership not make any profit that way? How does that work? Also, did thousand oaks infiniti already have the car you wanted or did they have to order the car from somewhere else? The best I could get from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys was $500 over invoice.
If Miller doesn't have the car you want in their inventory, it doesn't matter what they quote anyway because they won't trade. I've heard them quoting $2,000 below invoice and I'll have the car. When the customer goes to them, they will be shown a different vehicle. When they then come to me, they're still stuck with $2,000 under (an obvious impossible deal) in their minds even though I have the exact one they want and in some cases, they walk ticked off thinking I didn't want to work with them.

In most cases in my experience, negotiating a vehicle that way won't get you the best deal anyway. So what if $2,000 under was possible yet your payment was $661 monthly because you a first time buyer, had negative equity in your trade, or poor credit, would you still make the purchase? You got your price, however that's what will come in the mail so can you afford it? Most of you guys focus so much on this very topic that you forget to shop and compare auto insurance and for many, your monthly fuel costs will skyrocket too. You'll pay full price for all the accessories and mods and stuff, but this is where you feel we the salespeople aren't being honest and everyone else (installers, mods, accessories, insurance, gas, etc.) are making out like a bandit.

Business is still business and we the dealers are the retailers for the manufacturer and we are entitled to a profit. Look at what happened to Costa Mesa Infiniti if you want a clue. If you knew what "invoice" was on Grand Theft Auto IV due out tomorrow yet you'll still shell out the $60 to get it anyway, you'd be shocked to learn how much profit is there. I know; I sold many cars to guys at Electronic Arts and Activision and you should see their stock performance.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by Dave ISM
If Miller doesn't have the car you want in their inventory, it doesn't matter what they quote anyway because they won't trade. I've heard them quoting $2,000 below invoice and I'll have the car. When the customer goes to them, they will be shown a different vehicle. When they then come to me, they're still stuck with $2,000 under (an obvious impossible deal) in their minds even though I have the exact one they want and in some cases, they walk ticked off thinking I didn't want to work with them.
What? How does this work? Must be the attitude of the customer.

In most cases in my experience, negotiating a vehicle that way won't get you the best deal anyway. So what if $2,000 under was possible yet your payment was $661 monthly because you a first time buyer, had negative equity in your trade, or poor credit, would you still make the purchase? You got your price, however that's what will come in the mail so can you afford it?
Isn't this always one step at a time? The pricing is always the first to be dealt with. If a customer has other circumstances that go against paying less for the car, that's their concern. At least the initial pricing is at its bearable lowest.

Most of you guys focus so much on this very topic that you forget to shop and compare auto insurance and for many, your monthly fuel costs will skyrocket too. You'll pay full price for all the accessories and mods and stuff, but this is where you feel we the salespeople aren't being honest and everyone else (installers, mods, accessories, insurance, gas, etc.) are making out like a bandit.
I think this is where you need to take into consideration that not all customers think that way. I'm one to get to a price *I* feel comfortable with terms that *I* like making sure that the dealership still makes a profit somewhere.

Business is still business and we the dealers are the retailers for the manufacturer and we are entitled to a profit. Look at what happened to Costa Mesa Infiniti if you want a clue. If you knew what "invoice" was on Grand Theft Auto IV due out tomorrow yet you'll still shell out the $60 to get it anyway, you'd be shocked to learn how much profit is there. I know; I sold many cars to guys at Electronic Arts and Activision and you should see their stock performance.
I think you're comparing apples to oranges now since the amount being spent by the consumer on a video games is negligible compared to a car. You don't need to finance a video game..if you do, you've got problems.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by go4gr8
What? How does this work? Must be the attitude of the customer.
Well, think about it. You make a call to store A and you tell them G37 automatic with leather and CD; what's the price? To get you in the store, they'll lowball you on a Journey with sunroof when you meant to ask for Premium. Store B gives you a much higher quote factoring in Premium, yet you balk. You go to store A only to realize that you aren't getting what you wanted then see store B for the exact one you want, however you want it for store A price. Happens all the time and the buying public is known to be unrealistic in this process.
Originally Posted by go4gr8
Isn't this always one step at a time? The pricing is always the first to be dealt with. If a customer has other circumstances that go against paying less for the car, that's their concern. At least the initial pricing is at its bearable lowest.
Not always. When I hear "Dave, I want it fully loaded and the best price on planet earth", guess what usually happens next? No sale! Why you ask? Again, unrealistic people wanting Bellagio quality for a Howard Johnson price. You can't even speak of invoice at a BMW store and yet their vehicles are all over the road.

Then there are those times when finance or even a sales manager like myself slip up on rate or residual and your payment goes up. It happens, not all the time, but it happens and yet you through a fit because you were closed on a payment. The price didn't change nor the term, however something else (tax, rate, residual, etc.) can make a difference. Will you be expecting then for the dealer to eat it? Yes, you would so it's not always about starting at price and working down. There are still those that look for $300 monthly payments as a first time buyer with a trade-in that's not paid off that they feel is worth thousands more than reality and nothing out of pocket; how do you reason with them?

I was simply making a little point with profit with the GTA4 game scenario. I just ask my consumers for a little bit since I'm saving them thousands in the process. You take your date out for a nice meal and still tip even if the service wasn't the greatest. This is the second largest purchase you'll make in life next to buying a home. It's not unreasonable to pay just a little bit if it's everything you want and your experience is a positive one that is convenient and simple. If price was always #1, Nordstroms, Louis Vuitton, Monster Cable, Apple, and others would be out of business.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
G2Envy

Don't have them detail your car. I got mine back with scratches all over it! Service is ok I guess.

Like the link to the G35 forums says, the receptionist is a nice piece of candy!!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
wrathletik1

Originally Posted by G2Envy
Like the link to the G35 forums says, the receptionist is a nice piece of candy!!
Show us pics!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
hquach

i was tryin to get a quote from Ethan and he asked me if I was shopping around, and said to not waste his time...i took my business to escondido...the internet manager, greg, is very easy to deal with

Last edited by hquach; 04-29-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 AM
chain492

i don't know the only ones i have a selection to go to which is KMI, Escondido, and Riverside. I heard riverside is teh secks with JDM/Aftermarket parts too. the kearny mesa people were really nice to me and really wanted me to buy the car lol of course.. he was like trying to rush me.. i like them.

Quick Reply: Kearny Mesa Infiniti