Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Steps to a great Lease

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
go4gr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
WoW all that talk and all that work and NOTHING? Didnt you ordered one? Did you get your deposit back?

man that suckssss
Yeah well..perhaps my approach was flawed. I was trying to speak it into existence and I somehow made a wrong move somewhere. I probably should have taken the $6000 down on the lease to get the car, but then IFS changed their mind quickly. It wouldn't have been a good move anyway.

I'm sure the dealer I ordered the car from sold it already. And yeah.. deposit wasn't ever charged, just authorized to my CC.

I'm not giving up though. I'll just be getting the car later.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:33 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
oh ok... BANNED TILL YOU GET ONE!!!!

jk jk...
GL
Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 PM
G35Tuning

Probably not much help...But I spoke with 4 dealerships during my shopping around and each of them were well aware and even offered MSD's as a way to lower my money factor and monthly payments...I ended up putting 2k down in MSD's...I was told I could have up to 9...I'm rather positive I qualified for my lease through IFS...Sooooooooooo
Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
espperre

Originally Posted by dzine07
espperre,

you have a lot of free time in your hands. The fact you called a VP of costumer relations for a free coupon makes me believe your the type of guy who would put 87 octane gas in your ferrari to save a buck. But it's not all bad though -i mean once you swiff through all the garbage you were typing i actually found some useful information . however, it wasn't worth me reading your passionate hour long posts to find out that "leasing means your paying for depreciation." -we know. And if they don't know by now, they should probably read the first two pages of this thread.

At any rate, I hope your coupon was equivalent in value to the time you spent e-thuggin' the MyG37.com/forum.

Good luck on your purchase.

-Dzine.
Time and effort are all relative aren't they? Something for you to ponder. I write VOLUMES in my line of work, so writing doesn't take much effort for me, unless I had a particularly long day.

As for the "coupon" and the call, lol, uh .... you couldn't be more wrong. I didn't call for a "coupon". I called because my experience with Infiniti dealerships' "finance" people BY AND LARGE - not all of them mind you, some are VERY well informed - has been frustrating and pretty much atrocious. It's been enough to chase me away from the brand, especially after dealing with Lexus' finance people, which are almost universally highly well informed (their customer care is also noticably better, but that's another matter). Now the Infinti people are mostly nice enough people, and I think for the most part they're TRYING to be helpful (except for the ones that try to argue about it), but the fact remains I've found them to be highly misinformed, particuarly in the finer workings of leases. And the sad thing is most of them are not even aware of it. I've had to actually educate some of them on the phone, and I consider myself a NOVICE when it comes to leasing! That's unbelievable to me.

- One "finance manager" said to me "MSDs? We don't require deposits here so why would you want to do one if we don't require them?"

- And another said to me "MSDs. Oh, you're talking about the acquisition fee? Yeah, we have it; it's $595."

- And yet another posted here "Yeah most dealerships don't want to do MSDs because of the paperwork (that's after he stated that MSDs don't exist, and then later recanted)

I had to sift through a bunch of dealers to find two - just two - that knew exactly what I was talking about and the EXACT details of how they do and should work in each potential scenario I was considering.

C'mon now. All of that became ridiculous and unnecessary and I grew tired, irritated and eventually angry by it (yeah New York Italian, short fuse, blame it on that ... and the thugs I call my friends. That means you Bobby. LOL)

To a longtime shareholder and a prospective customer, that kind of misinformation is not good news on many fronts. So that sort of problem is most efficiently dealt with on a corporate level: either through better education or better hiring practices. I WANT these people to be better and get BETTER educated, because frankly, I like their cars enough to TRY and give them my money, AND I have a vested interest in seeing shareholder value appreciating. THAT was the purpose of my call. The "coupon/voucher" Nissan is sending is OBVIOUSLY a way of assuaging my sentiment. That's still not going to change the fact that I STILL would like things changed for the better. Of course, they get that, and if I take the gentleman I dealt with (whom by the way is a Director at Infiniti Consumer Affairs - I thought the guy I initially left a message for, the VP, was the one who called me, but it was in fact a Director) at his word, they will deal with it accordingly.

Then all of my "e-thugging", and "passionate" effort as you put it, will have been worth it and everyone wins. That would be my master plan, if I had one, heh.

Now, I'm glad you got some useful information out of the post, but you've COMPLETELY missed 99% of the point if you think the post you quoted and those tied to it are about:

"leasing means your paying for depreciation." -we know

We'll leave it at that.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
espperre

Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Probably not much help...But I spoke with 4 dealerships during my shopping around and each of them were well aware and even offered MSD's as a way to lower my money factor and monthly payments...I ended up putting 2k down in MSD's...I was told I could have up to 9...I'm rather positive I qualified for my lease through IFS...Sooooooooooo
That's encouraging to hear. I'm learning that it might be a regional thing (e.g. East Coast dealers are quite in tune with it, and West Coast delears are mostly, if not ALL, guaranteed to be cluless, while others are hit and miss).
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 PM
espperre

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
^ I think is was given that coupon out of courtisy... I dont think he called for the coupon specifically
Exactly.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
go4gr8

Bump again for people who need it.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:27 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by espperre
If you experience total loss on the car while on a one-pay, the insurance first pays the bank UP to the full residual, then they pay you for the balance up the value of the car. For example let's say, your one-pay for a 36 month lease is $20k, and your residual is $25k. God forbid, the car is totalled in 1 month. Insurance then pays the bank $25k first, then it pays you up to $20k, with a combined total on both pieces that sums up to the depreciated value of the car.
I remember reading an article that in the case of a car being totaled, on a 1-pay lease, you lose your payment. That is, insurance just pays the manufacturer the residual & you don't get back your 1 pay payment. Anyone considering 1-pay, please clarify before doing so.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:42 PM
xjslx

But how does that work? Normally the dealerships expect you to put a certain amount of money down when you want to sign a lease contract with them.

Do you just straight out say: "I do not want to put down payment?"
Old 05-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by xjslx
But how does that work? Normally the dealerships expect you to put a certain amount of money down when you want to sign a lease contract with them.

Do you just straight out say: "I do not want to put down payment?"
If you'd like to, you can.

Down payment on a lease is typically just to buy your payment down to something you are comfortable with; the total amount you pay over the lease is going to be about the same.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by mike@riverside
If you'd like to, you can.

Down payment on a lease is typically just to buy your payment down to something you are comfortable with; the total amount you pay over the lease is going to be about the same.
Yup! That is correct. I hope people don't confuse a down payment with a drive-off. Two different things. Down payment is to lower the cap cost. Drive-off is usually 1st payment + dmv + doc fee + tire fee. Some people, such as myself, will pay the bank fee as well during drive-off, so the only thing I finance and get taxed on is the actual car's depreciation cost.

here's an example of the deal I was a able to obtain for my G37. Click Here.

As you can see, I paid my 1st payment, all fees, dmv and tire tax.
Dealers won't expect you to put anything down. They will let you roll all the fees into your lease if you want to, allowing you to get a car with $0 due at signing. It's all a matter of preference.

The risk you run when you put down a lot of cash up front is if you get the car stolen/totalled, you will lose whatever upfront money you put into the car, that includes any down payment and fees. (which is why you should put the least amount you can up front) That happens with buying too ,not only for leasing. Insurance companies do no differentiate between leases or purchases when making a payout.

IFS offers GAP coverage, so in the event of a "total loss" situation, you will not be responsible for the remainder of your lease. If you put down a security deposit tho, I'm not 100% sure you will get it back.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
If you put down a security deposit tho, I'm not 100% sure you will get it back.
If you go with MSDs, IFS will return your money to you at the end of the term, however you buy down your MF thus lowering your payment in the process too. It means more money upfront, however it's smarter money as compared with poor APY with most banks out there today on a savings account.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:45 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by Dave ISM
If you go with MSDs, IFS will return your money to you at the end of the term, however you buy down your MF thus lowering your payment in the process too. It means more money upfront, however it's smarter money as compared with poor APY with most banks out there today on a savings account.
I see, but what happens if you go with MSD and your car gets stolen or totalled? Do you get that money back? I've always wanted to know this because I've been getting conflicting reports...some say yes, other say no.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
I see, but what happens if you go with MSD and your car gets stolen or totalled? Do you get that money back? I've always wanted to know this because I've been getting conflicting reports...some say yes, other say no.
Lease contract at that point is then consumed and closed therefore your deposits are returned to you since GAP pays off the remainder of the lease.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
that initial payment is required in order to get to the advertised payment.

MSD leases are exactly what they sound like. You leave multiple security deposits for a discount on your money factor. Each SD is equal to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50, and reduces your MF by .0001. Limit 9.

Unless things have changed, which I doubt.

Quick Reply: Steps to a great Lease