Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Steps to a great Lease

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 PM
go4gr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike@riverside
Credit score is only one of the guidelines that IFS looks at. Did they tell you why your application was denied? (17.5% of your income is typically what they allow for your car payment; they also look at your other current debt obligations, etc... way way too many factors to list here.)

As far as the generalized statement, the new tiered leases allow us to lease to a greater number of people, who previously would not have been able to lease.
Looks like I'm well under that 17.5%.

They didn't tell me anything at all (except I had no "previous lease experience" - which sounded like bull) . They only sent a letter and I'm going to respond to it asking for a formal statement. At least then, I'll know what I'm dealing with here.

My other obligations were negligible.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Lets take this to PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:51 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
uh oh... dom dom dom...

Ben... No G yet... whats teh status bro?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know how much this differs from a standard lease, but I did what Infiniti called a "one pay lease" where I paid the 2 years up front so I have zero monthly payments. My credit is still affected the same possitive way it would be if I made all my payments on time, but my credit score and income didn't factor into the deal seeing as I paid in full up front. They gave me the lowest percentage rate because of this too. They really worked on the price of the car and gave me a great deal because of the full payment. I guess it is a new way of leasing, because they didn't even have a one pay lease contract yet and had to order one from corporate. I'm really happy with the outcome!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
go4gr8

Question

^^ Yeah, I was wondering how that would work. Sounds a bit dangerous, though if the car were to be damaged as a loss. Would IFS or insurance still pay for a replacement?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 PM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
uh oh... dom dom dom...

Ben... No G yet... whats teh status bro?
LOL!

The status? No G for me until maybe later this year, or next year. Maybe when the AWD comes out...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 PM
texas22t

i put $8,000 down for mine. taxes and everything came to $390.18 a month for 39mths. when i go to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease i would have to pay $28,200 Everything included (taxes...ect). This was my first time leasing....i think i did a lot wrong.
-(South Florida)
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Keng

Originally Posted by texas22t
i put $8,000 down for mine. taxes and everything came to $390.18 a month for 39mths. when i go to purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease i would have to pay $28,200 Everything included (taxes...ect). This was my first time leasing....i think i did a lot wrong.
-(South Florida)
Woah...total cost $51417
Old 04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by go4gr8
^^ Yeah, I was wondering how that would work. Sounds a bit dangerous, though if the car were to be damaged as a loss. Would IFS or insurance still pay for a replacement?
To my understanding my insurance would cover it
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
espperre

The first statement is accurate; Infiniti does not do security deposits. (this is the present).
WRONG! Infiniti DOES do security deposits!! They're called MULTIPLE SECURITY DEPOSITS. You just cannot get that through your head, can you?

The second statement is a clarification and supplantation of the first, I am stating that yes, IFS did do MSD leases (this is the past), but no longer does (again, returning to the present), reinforcing the first statement. Infiniti does not do security deposits. The first statement remains accurate).
WRONG AGAIN! Infiniti DOES, ALWAYS HAS, AND PROBABLY ALWAYS WILL do security deposits!! They may no LONGER do so in certain markets, but that is CLEARLY NOT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

MSD leases do still exist, and are offered with a minimum of 2 SDs with a max of 9 SDs.
Oh, this one takes the cake. You just said IN THE SAME POST NONETHELESS "I am stating that yes, IFS did do MSD leases (this is the past), but no longer does (again, returning to the present), reinforcing the first statement."

LOL. So which is it - they do or they don't? You're so transparently and collosally confused and discombobulated about the meaning and function of MSD and SD, it is absolutely laughable.

MSD leases do still exist, and are offered with a minimum of 2 SDs with a max of 9 SDs.
Yes, each SD reduces MF by 0.0001.
Look at my first post in this thread. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Looks to me you copy/pasted almost exactly what I said, only I had to beat it into you before you finally started to get it. Oh, and here's another beauty: you say a "minumum of 2 SDs". Nah you don't say. You mean the word "multiple" means more than one? Lolz. Do you REALLY understand the difference between MSD and SD? I'm so not convinced.

You know more than I do. I don't know anything.
You said it, not me. Anyway that's no compliment because from what you've displayed here, I'd venture to say my 15 year old niece knows more than you do.

Yes, I didn't previously define the scope of my statement, and that is my fault.
Of course, it's your fault. First sensible thing you've said here. Admission is the first step. If you'd have said from the beginning:

"I don't know about the rest of the country and other forms of deposits, but in California, we stopped taking required SDs in favor of tiered MFs as of last month",

then I'd have had no problems with your statement. That's the definition of an accurate statement. Instead, you made an IRRESPONSIBLY INACCURATE pan statement on ALL types of security deposits for the WHOLE country for ALL time. Then you kept trying to weasel your way out with one INACCURATE statement after another, but instead kept backing yourself into one shameful corner after another.

Remember how I said I couldn't figure out why were you mixing the tiered MF arguement with MSDs? Well, I've figured it out: it's because you were clueless on the underlying function of MSDs, and CONVERSE function of traditional SDs and tiered MFs. NO ONE ever argues FOR SDs and kickback filled tiered MFs on behalf of the consumer. That is a given. That fact that you did not understand the implied nature of the discussion that you had to make distinctions to dileneate "SINGLE" deposit against a "minimum of 2" tells me everything I need to know about your level of understanding. You also make it sound as if your tiered MFs are doing the general population some kind of favor. Lol. That's an infantile understanding at best. Sure, you benefit; IFS benefits, but the very people who have THOUSANDS to gain from MSDs, do not. THEY LOSE. Unlike the virtually useless return rates that SDs would garner, tiered MFs line your pockets with guaranteed kickbacks as I explained to you in my previous post. Now, there's nothing wrong with someone trying to make a profit in a capatilist society, but don't make it sound as if you're doing anyone a favor by replacing them SDs. Furthermore, those have NOTHING to do with the benefits of MSDs. Your understanding of this whole thing is so thin, that I'm amazed that you choose to debate on this and give the world insight into your mind via a public forum visited by millions of eyes. You can't fake it, buddy, and I see through you CLEARLY! Like I said, you're just like that one "Finance Manager" who just couldn't get it. Typical. I will say though, on behalf of some Infiniti dealerships, there are some real sharp individuals out there who are truly on the ball. Like the couple I'm working with right now! MSDs and ALL. But unlike Lexus people, whom from my experience seem to be universally "on the ball", the vast majority with Infiniti are not. Definitely a brand issue. Has to be. Either that or their hiring standards. My favorite one was this one Finance Manager at an unnamed "West Coast" Infiniti dealer whom, when I asked her about MSDs, said to me very confidently (but in a cute way in her case) "... oh, you're talking about the acquisition fee. Yes, we have that, it's $595..." She was generally nice and REALLY trying to be helpful, so I didn't have it in me to take her down, so I simply said "... yep, you're right! That's it. MSDs must be the acquisition fee. Thanks for your help, buh bye." I was proud that I was nice.

One other interesting thing. I saw your initial one-liner zinger, you know the one you erased/retracted/edited (and didn't think I saw, lol) where instead of addressing your many mis-statements, you said:

"You know more than me. Go buy your BMW and Lexus".

Well, you should know that I had a lengthy discussion with a VP at Infiniti Customer Relations. The cool thing is that he actually wanted to see what I was talking about, so I referred him to this thread. He called me back about a half hour later, and I won't speak for him, but let's just say I don't think he was "jazzed" with how you kindly referred a potential customer to a competing brand just to save face from your error-filled statements. And am I glad I did, because I now have a nice little "coupon" I can redeem at a dealer should I decide to purchase an Infiniti. Hey Mikey-boy, you made me some money today! If your dealership gets "talked" to, ah, just look for the guy in the mirror to blame. Hey, I advised you to watch what you say in a global arena when dealing with a corporation's bottom line, especially in these very competitive times. Obviously, you didn't listen.

I'd encourage you to give up your day job and enroll in Clown School as you seem to have a natural talent for it, but judging from the pattern of things, it'd probably be a waste of my time. Then again, based on your track record and considering the fact you got some free money today, it may be actually be worth my time. Go ahead, make me some more money.

Last edited by espperre; 04-23-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 AM
espperre

Originally Posted by AZg37
I don't know how much this differs from a standard lease, but I did what Infiniti called a "one pay lease" where I paid the 2 years up front so I have zero monthly payments. My credit is still affected the same possitive way it would be if I made all my payments on time, but my credit score and income didn't factor into the deal seeing as I paid in full up front. They gave me the lowest percentage rate because of this too. They really worked on the price of the car and gave me a great deal because of the full payment. I guess it is a new way of leasing, because they didn't even have a one pay lease contract yet and had to order one from corporate. I'm really happy with the outcome!
One pay leases can be very good deals. I always counter them against MSDs and the going MF on each. From what I've seen during my shopping around, Toyota and Lexus offer the most generous one-pay programs. They are REALLY good deals. If I was buying a Lexus I would do a one-pay without question, but with Infiniti, currently (this month anyway), the best incentives are on MSDs.

As I'm sure you know, when leasing you're basically paying for depreciation + interest (+ tax if your state has it). Traditonal leasing requires you to pay interest on a factor that includes the cap cost PLUS the residual on the car (you're essentially paying interest for the "priviledge" of an entire loan on a car and a formula that factors the loss experienced by your use; that's essentially how the 2400 factor on MFs is derived). However, in a one-pay scenario, you're only paying interest on the depreciation because you're not doing a whole loan while you're also lending your money. That's why it can be a good deal, and one that can further be sweetened with lowered MFs.

In its most basic sense the concept is similar to MSDs - you're lendning someone your valuable money and you're getting rewarded for it. In turn they pay you back either by lowering your interest and/or essentially reducing the principal on your loan.

If you experience total loss on the car while on a one-pay, the insurance first pays the bank UP to the full residual, then they pay you for the balance up the value of the car. For example let's say, your one-pay for a 36 month lease is $20k, and your residual is $25k. God forbid, the car is totalled in 1 month. Insurance then pays the bank $25k first, then it pays you up to $20k, with a combined total on both pieces that sums up to the depreciated value of the car.

Last edited by espperre; 04-23-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Thanks for clearing all the details up. I knew my insurance covered me in a total loss, but didn't know how. As for the one pay lease, it really just worked out best for my situation. After figuring all the numbers on one pay lease vs. buying the car in full, the lease seemed smarter. The money lost in the end was pretty much equal. I think I've realized I'm a lease kinda guy now, and will never buy a car new again. I lease new, buy slightly used. Thats my philosophy atleast
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by espperre
WRONG! Infiniti DOES do security deposits!! They're called MULTIPLE SECURITY DEPOSITS. You just cannot get that through your head, can you?

WRONG AGAIN! Infiniti DOES, ALWAYS HAS, AND PROBABLY ALWAYS WILL do security deposits!! They may no LONGER do so in certain markets, but that is CLEARLY NOT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

Oh, this one takes the cake. You just said IN THE SAME POST NONETHELESS "I am stating that yes, IFS did do MSD leases (this is the past), but no longer does (again, returning to the present), reinforcing the first statement."

LOL. So which is it - they do or they don't? You're so transparently and collosally confused and discombobulated about the meaning and function of MSD and SD, it is absolutely laughable.

Look at my first post in this thread. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Looks to me you copy/pasted almost exactly what I said, only I had to beat it into you before you finally started to get it. Oh, and here's another beauty: you say a "minumum of 2 SDs". Nah you don't say. You mean the word "multiple" means more than one? Lolz. Do you REALLY understand the difference between MSD and SD? I'm so not convinced.

You said it, not me. Anyway that's no compliment because from what you've displayed here, I'd venture to say my 15 year old niece knows more than you do.

Of course, it's your fault. First sensible thing you've said here. Admission is the first step. If you'd have said from the beginning:

"I don't know about the rest of the country and other forms of deposits, but in California, we stopped taking required SDs in favor of tiered MFs as of last month",

then I'd have had no problems with your statement. That's the definition of an accurate statement. Instead, you made an IRRESPONSIBLY INACCURATE pan statement on ALL types of security deposits for the WHOLE country for ALL time. Then you kept trying to weasel your way out with one INACCURATE statement after another, but instead kept backing yourself into one shameful corner after another.

Remember how I said I couldn't figure out why were you mixing the tiered MF arguement with MSDs? Well, I've figured it out: it's because you were clueless on the underlying function of MSDs, and CONVERSE function of traditional SDs and tiered MFs. NO ONE ever argues FOR SDs and kickback filled tiered MFs on behalf of the consumer. That is a given. That fact that you did not understand the implied nature of the discussion that you had to make distinctions to dileneate "SINGLE" deposit against a "minimum of 2" tells me everything I need to know about your level of understanding. You also make it sound as if your tiered MFs are doing the general population some kind of favor. Lol. That's an infantile understanding at best. Sure, you benefit; IFS benefits, but the very people who have THOUSANDS to gain from MSDs, do not. THEY LOSE. Unlike the virtually useless return rates that SDs would garner, tiered MFs line your pockets with guaranteed kickbacks as I explained to you in my previous post. Now, there's nothing wrong with someone trying to make a profit in a capatilist society, but don't make it sound as if you're doing anyone a favor by replacing them SDs. Furthermore, those have NOTHING to do with the benefits of MSDs. Your understanding of this whole thing is so thin, that I'm amazed that you choose to debate on this and give the world insight into your mind via a public forum visited by millions of eyes. You can't fake it, buddy, and I see through you CLEARLY! Like I said, you're just like that one "Finance Manager" who just couldn't get it. Typical. I will say though, on behalf of some Infiniti dealerships, there are some real sharp individuals out there who are truly on the ball. Like the couple I'm working with right now! MSDs and ALL. But unlike Lexus people, whom from my experience seem to be universally "on the ball", the vast majority with Infiniti are not. Definitely a brand issue. Has to be. Either that or their hiring standards. My favorite one was this one Finance Manager at an unnamed "West Coast" Infiniti dealer whom, when I asked her about MSDs, said to me very confidently (but in a cute way in her case) "... oh, you're talking about the acquisition fee. Yes, we have that, it's $595..." She was generally nice and REALLY trying to be helpful, so I didn't have it in me to take her down, so I simply said "... yep, you're right! That's it. MSDs must be the acquisition fee. Thanks for your help, buh bye." I was proud that I was nice.

One other interesting thing. I saw your initial one-liner zinger, you know the one you erased/retracted/edited (and didn't think I saw, lol) where instead of addressing your many mis-statements, you said:

"You know more than me. Go buy your BMW and Lexus".

Well, you should know that I had a lengthy discussion with a VP at Infiniti Customer Relations. The cool thing is that he actually wanted to see what I was talking about, so I referred him to this thread. He called me back about a half hour later, and I won't speak for him, but let's just say I don't think he was "jazzed" with how you kindly referred a potential customer to a competing brand just to save face from your error-filled statements. And am I glad I did, because I now have a nice little "coupon" I can redeem at a dealer should I decide to purchase an Infiniti. Hey Mikey-boy, you made me some money today! If your dealership gets "talked" to, ah, just look for the guy in the mirror to blame. Hey, I advised you to watch what you say in a global arena when dealing with a corporation's bottom line, especially in these very competitive times. Obviously, you didn't listen.

I'd encourage you to give up your day job and enroll in Clown School as you seem to have a natural talent for it, but judging from the pattern of things, it'd probably be a waste of my time. Then again, based on your track record and considering the fact you got some free money today, it may be actually be worth my time. Go ahead, make me some more money.

espperre,

you have a lot of free time in your hands. The fact you called a VP of costumer relations for a free coupon makes me believe your the type of guy who would put 87 octane gas in your ferrari to save a buck. But it's not all bad though -i mean once you swiff through all the garbage you were typing i actually found some useful information . however, it wasn't worth me reading your passionate hour long posts to find out that "leasing means your paying for depreciation." -we know. And if they don't know by now, they should probably read the first two pages of this thread.

At any rate, I hope your coupon was equivalent in value to the time you spent e-thuggin' the MyG37.com/forum.

Good luck on your purchase.

-Dzine.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

^ I think is was given that coupon out of courtisy... I dont think he called for the coupon specifically

****Please Keep Perosnal attacks of the board!!!!****
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by go4gr8
LOL!

The status? No G for me until maybe later this year, or next year. Maybe when the AWD comes out...
WoW all that talk and all that work and NOTHING? Didnt you ordered one? Did you get your deposit back?

man that suckssss

Quick Reply: Steps to a great Lease