Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

How much LESS than sticker did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:27 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paid about $1600 below invoice through VPP hookup...but since I bought my buddy a $550 present for his efforts, I netted ~$1100 below.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
zackt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sticker was $42895 paid $41117 they gave me $30000 for my trade free winter mats and 1st oil change. Financed at 2.9%Drove the car home that day. Probably my best experience buying a car so far.

Circle Infinity in NJ.

Blue slate 6MT
Nav,Premium Package,Tech Package,
Body Color Splash Guards,
Illuminated Kick Plate
Trunk Cargo Net Trunk Mat
Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
AMCDeac

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Paid about $1600 below invoice through VPP hookup...but since I bought my buddy a $550 present for his efforts, I netted ~$1100 below.
That's a spectacular deal. Great choices, too. I am taking delivery on basically the same thing but with black interior. I got what I think was a really good price but I need to pay shipping to have it delivered from out of state.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by AMCDeac
I think there are a few variables that make this hard to answer. Assuming a 6mt (a little harder to find, depending on where you live), I believe that $500 over invoice is a fair and realistic price. Several dealerships will not go to this price point but several will. Also, are you considering the doc fee as part of the "over invoice" price? Again, depending on the model you ar looking for, and the convenience of the store location, a total of 8 or 900 over invoice is not out of line. There is good sport to be had in looking for your best deal possible. At some point, squeaking out another 100 bucks of savings might not be worth it. Also, watch out for stuff you don't want or need. A really low price gets higher when you put dealer add ons into the pot. Finally, it might be worth a few hundred more if you can get mfg incentives to your liking. The finance rate through the end of the month is excellent, and will result in several thousand in savings over the life of the ownership. Under these circumstances, IMHO and depending on what you want, $500 over invoice and a reasonable doc fee is not out of line. Last thought -- make sure your "invoice" number includes all the features on the specific model you are considering. It is easy for buyers and sellers to be talking past one another. They think they are talking about the same thing and they are not. A good negotiating question is "help me understand your numbers." If they won't respond candidly to this question, move on to the next dealer.

It might be easier to get a better deal on an auto transmission.
thanks for the reply. I am actually going into a dealership tomorrow to negotiate. I needed to know what numbers I'm looking at. BTW, what are the current financing rates? I was planning on leasing but if the financing rates are really good I might go that way. Basically this is what I'm looking for (and found at a dealership that has 2):
Ivory White G37c Journey
Auto
Premium
Sport
Nav
Spoiler
Backup Cam
Illum. Kickplates
MSRP: 44,085
Invoice: 40,118

I really need a car by the end of the week as my car has officially up and died. So I want to make a fair deal that the dealership will actually take. I'll probably start at +500 over invoice and work from there. At what point over invoice would you guys say the deal should not be done ie. overpaying in relation to the deals other people are getting. Would +250 over invoice be out of the question?

The current MF for a G37Jc is 24 Month – Residual 71% of MSRP – .00200 Base Rate (thanks to leasecompare!). What is the max markup for the base rate MF? For instance BMW is allowed to do a max markup of 0.0004.

Last edited by Taktix1; 02-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 AM
vrb747

Hi Taktix1

Personally I wouldnt pay over Invoice + 500. If u look at this thread over at the Edmunds forums, u will find that invoice + 500 is pretty common and many guys have done better.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...?displayRecent

It depends on how much your time is worth and which state u reside in. Is 500-1000 dollars saved on purchase price worth ur time ? To us it was, so we shopped a LOT of dealers, even some out of state ones.

A lot of out south Florida dealers are TOTAL ripoffs but u do have a few that will give u a fair price. I actually managed to get Invoice + the 595 bank fee for a friend's lease.

The residual cannot be marked up by the dealer but the money factor charged was 0.0021 (only slightly higher than the base rate of 0.00205)

We got a 24 month lease with 12K miles (G37 Journey with premium) for 0 down, 458 a month inclusive of taxes. You can find more details in the following thread :

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=177081&page=3

Good luck
Old 02-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by vrb747
Hi Taktix1

Personally I wouldnt pay over Invoice + 500. If u look at this thread over at the Edmunds forums, u will find that invoice + 500 is pretty common and many guys have done better.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...?displayRecent

It depends on how much your time is worth and which state u reside in. Is 500-1000 dollars saved on purchase price worth ur time ? To us it was, so we shopped a LOT of dealers, even some out of state ones.

A lot of out south Florida dealers are TOTAL ripoffs but u do have a few that will give u a fair price. I actually managed to get Invoice + the 595 bank fee for a friend's lease.

The residual cannot be marked up by the dealer but the money factor charged was 0.0021 (only slightly higher than the base rate of 0.00205)

We got a 24 month lease with 12K miles (G37 Journey with premium) for 0 down, 458 a month inclusive of taxes. You can find more details in the following thread :

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=177081&page=3

Good luck
VBR: Thanks for your reply! I got back from the dealer and wound up picking up a G37 just the way i listed above. Only thing is I financed instead of leased because the finance rate was very good (2.9%). It ended up that I'd only pay about 100 more per month to own so to me that was negligible.

My deal was as follows: +800 over invoice with no proc fee. However, they gave me free oil changes for the life of my car, 2 years of scheduled maintenance for free (includes 30k service), and free full detail of the car at 1 year. Overall I think I made out pretty well considering i was seriously strapped for time (i HAD to have a car by tuesday as I needed to get to work somehow) and also the 30k service alone is 6-700. However, I did find a deal that was +250 over invoice but the extra incentives at the other dealership made it a final to me. Let me know how everyone thinks I made out. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 AM
vrb747

Yes Taktix1, that indeed sounds like an AWESOME deal. All that free maintanence is definitely worth a lot more than 800 bucks. So u pretty much got it well below invoice. VERY VERY nice. Congratulations. I cant wait to get back from my vacation and get a G37 myself
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by AMCDeac
That's a spectacular deal. Great choices, too. I am taking delivery on basically the same thing but with black interior. I got what I think was a really good price but I need to pay shipping to have it delivered from out of state.
haha actually i think we're in the same boat pal. the interior is black, but they call it graphite. have fun with the car!

http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/colors/index.html
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by vrb747
Yes Taktix1, that indeed sounds like an AWESOME deal. All that free maintanence is definitely worth a lot more than 800 bucks. So u pretty much got it well below invoice. VERY VERY nice. Congratulations. I cant wait to get back from my vacation and get a G37 myself
Yeah I was pretty happy. Still am happy everytime I hit that start button! Good luck on your purchase man, hope it all goes well!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
mike073

My deal closed yesterday

Journey/Prem/Sport/Nav
List - 42965
Negotiated - 40733
Old 02-22-2008, 06:19 PM
AMCDeac

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
haha actually i think we're in the same boat pal. the interior is black, but they call it graphite. have fun with the car!

http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/colors/index.html

LOL. Looks like I will pick up my black/graphite tomorrow morning. Cheers.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by Taktix1
VBR: Thanks for your reply! I got back from the dealer and wound up picking up a G37 just the way i listed above. Only thing is I financed instead of leased because the finance rate was very good (2.9%). It ended up that I'd only pay about 100 more per month to own so to me that was negligible.

My deal was as follows: +800 over invoice with no proc fee. However, they gave me free oil changes for the life of my car, 2 years of scheduled maintenance for free (includes 30k service), and free full detail of the car at 1 year. Overall I think I made out pretty well considering i was seriously strapped for time (i HAD to have a car by tuesday as I needed to get to work somehow) and also the 30k service alone is 6-700. However, I did find a deal that was +250 over invoice but the extra incentives at the other dealership made it a final to me. Let me know how everyone thinks I made out. Thanks!
Good deal man, although I'd probably pass on the detail unless your dealership has a very good reputation for that type of work.

AMCDeac, congrats man. My car now has an evil twin brother.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 AM
locus

Originally Posted by fkat
got it late last month 825 below invoice or 4577 below sticker
Can you get me some information on this?
I live in nothern, NJ and LI is not that far from here
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
melodicskys

I got mine on 3/5 for invoice from Infiniti of Santa Monica, CA (which was actually 200 less than edmunds reported invoice). I got premium, sport, nav, splash guards, trunk mat and net in platinum graphite.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
joesmithf1

most of you, including other postings, stated that you got your G at invoice price or a little bit above invoice. Now the question is, did you also added tax and licensing?

I built my G37 6MT with the premium package. It came out a total of $39715 MSRP at Infiniti.com. How much should I expect to pay at "out-the-door" price?

Quick Reply: How much LESS than sticker did you pay?