Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

HELP! Lease scam!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Armani350GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not intending to get money or anything out of this. I just want to walk away from this lease. I just don't feel comfortable with my car anymore knowing that it's a car that I was cheated on and MIGHT have been driven off the lot by the original owner. (Original miles for the first purchase was at 29 miles and when I bought it, it was at 115 miles. Again, I was not aware of the miles because I didn't test drive the car and I was told about the miles after all the deals have been negotiated. I was not able to check the miles because the car was displayed 5 ft above ground on one of those ramps)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:04 AM
cartman13

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
+1 on Tustin Infiniti... horrible people.
Interesting... Can I ask what you didn't like about them? Sales? or Service?

I had a really bad experience at the southbay Infiniti. What they tried to do was borderline fraud. Feel bad for anyone that might have gotten taken, but as far as i'm concerned they are just a bunch of @#$%ing morons.

I just find it interesting as they are both part of the Autonation umbrella.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Armani350GT

Infiniti of South Bay is the dealer where I got my car from. What they are trying to do is prolong this so that it will be full 3 years from the delivery date. You can not do anything after 3 years.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:22 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by Armani350GT
Infiniti of South Bay is the dealer where I got my car from. What they are trying to do is prolong this so that it will be full 3 years from the delivery date. You can not do anything after 3 years.
Until you GET A LAWYER you are playing into their hands. Make sure he/she knows about the 3 year timeline. Once you serve them, they can no longer use the 3 year ploy. Also tell the lawyer that you want their fees as part of the settlement to negate the lease.

Serve them with misrepresentation, fraud and failure to disclose (as examples). Technically until a vehicle is registered and licensed, it can still be considered new, despite the mileage. However, you should still check the definition of a “new car” in your state lemon law. Two links to find that out are http://www.autopedia.com and http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/.

If it was regsitered, even for one day, it's used. The dealership must disclose this information, they cannot blame another party (DMV) for it.

Again, until you get a lawyer, you are going to be delayed and stalled etc.. You may also want to think about escalating to the manufactorer and the leasing/finance company as well. I'm sure that they'd love to hear about this as well.