Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Anyone ever tried Costco's Auto Buying program?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
The Old Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When buying my '06 G35, I originally went in and asked for the Costco discount.
I believe it was 2% over invoice.
I told them that I didn't want to spend that much, and I managed to get a better deal (lower $$$).
It's a good starting point for negotiation.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Littlejoe

Bull

Anybody who says they bought a New G37 $1800 below invoice is flat out lieing through there teeth.... no dealer is that stupid to lose that much cash just because some one is "shopping" around. Dealers expect someone to shop. Its the american way. losing a couple thousand is not the american way. Guys like the last post have little man syndrome and get there kicks trying to make people believe crap like that. Tell the truth .....it will set you free! ha hahahahah
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
beestea

Originally Posted by Littlejoe
Anybody who says they bought a New G37 $1800 below invoice is flat out lieing through there teeth.... no dealer is that stupid to lose that much cash just because some one is "shopping" around. Dealers expect someone to shop. Its the american way. losing a couple thousand is not the american way. Guys like the last post have little man syndrome and get there kicks trying to make people believe crap like that. Tell the truth .....it will set you free! ha hahahahah

1800 below invoice sounds pretty impossible I agree. I think another thing a lot of people here under estimate is how the region you live in and how many or few infiniti dealers there are nearby can effect bargaining power.

If you live in semi affluent or upper class areas, car dealers are way less likely to negotiate then if you live in middle america somewhere. Its just a fact of life, people that have more money will pay more of a car and not bother to negotiate. Also competition from nearby dealers will help.

All that being said... I think with the economy being what it is and what seems like a pretty abundant supply of G37's you should be able to purchase one off the lot for $500-$1000 above invoice without too much trouble.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Dave ISM

I love hearing about ridiculous deals when they're totally not true. I asked one guy to provide me a copy of his contract that has what he's claiming and if he did, I'd personally pay the next three payments myself. I'm still waiting by my fax to this day.

Back on topic, AAA, Costco, USAA, etc. all have to be commissioned back which is why you'll always have an over invoice deal. Makes sense, right? Dealer has to pay back the lead provider and the consumer gets a no hassle deal in the meantime. Simple.

Any super stupid back-of-invoice deal is because there was available factory cash involved reimbursing the dealership (the retailer) from the manufacturer to the consumer, much like how a coupon for cereal in your super market would work.

blaque831 just said he sells "high-line cars" but didn't mention a brand (for anonymity reasons possibly), but again selling cars is a business and must have a profit in the end or you won't be in business very long. A good deal is one that is fair to the consumer and to the dealership in the end.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Littlejoe

G37 deals

I think your right about some of these deals because this blog has several people saying they cant get that kinda price ($1800 back of invoice) on a G37and only 1 "bragging" that he did. Next thing ya know he'll be telling people he got free gas for a year and maintenance thrown in the deal too. I think $500-$1000 over invoice is fair depending on the oiptions. If you get that kinda price and the 2.9% financing being advertised, the G37 is the way to go.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 PM
vrb747

Lots of people have done invoice or a little less. IMHO, at this point invoice is a fair deal.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Mestizo

I walked into the dealership and demanded i buy the G37S Fully loaded for $5...after an hour or two of heavy negotiations we came to an agreement of $7.50 out the door...I think i could of gotten a better deal though...