Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

General Lease Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM
nwryuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General Lease Question

Ok, leasing a g37 would make the payments more affordable, if you weren't paying anything down except the requirement, right?

lets say i did a 3 year lease, and in about a year, i decide i want to buy the car because i find out i'll be traveling a lot which will cause me to go over the yearly mileage limit... can that be done?

also, in another situation, lets say i leased the g37 for 3 years, and decided to buy it out at the end of the lease, would my total cash spent be about the same as it would be if I had just bought it straight out in the first place?

I've got close to 20k saved up, and if i could lease it and buy it at the end of the lease, then that would leave me with money in the bank incase something happened for the next 3 years.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
iko

Yes. A lease is more affordable because you're only paying for the depreciation plus interest. This is mostly why luxury models are the best leases. They retain their value.

You can always buy out a lease at any time. It would be the cost of the remaining payments plus the buyout cost. Usually this is a horrible thing to do. Nowadays, people who need to bail on their lease try to get someone else to assume it from them. (swapalease, leasetrader, etc)

Many people who expect high mileage on leases do a short term lease and purchase the extra miles up front. This allows you to avoid being stuck unloading a high mileage car on the market in the future. You will save money this way.

You might check with IFS, but other manufacturers let you buy as much mileage as you want up front. If you don't use it then you can get that portion refunded.

Statistically, few people actually buy out their leases. They simply get a new one.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 AM
gno

May i throw a question in there....

(ex. 12k/yr for 3 years, but end up having 40k instead of 36k on the vehicle)Do you still pay for mileage overage @ the end of the lease term if you decide to trade the lease Vehicle for newer model (ex G2008 for G2010). I was told the only way you pay for mileage overage was if you return the car at the end of the lease without trading,etc. Is that right? How does that work?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes you still pay for the miles, unless the dealer buys the car out for what you owe. Alot of times when the overage is small the dealer can work something out based on the profit margin they have.