Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

How many people..buying there lease out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:43 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How many people..buying there lease out?

Are thinking about buying there lease out? 24 month or 39 doesnt matter.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've leased two cars and bought both of them out. that's what I plan to do with the G. I made out well on the first two cars when selling them. I hope the same is true with this one!

Jon
Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Protein Shakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am leasing for 24 months with 15k a year, since I take public transportation to NYC. I cannot imagine that I will put more than 30K at the end of my lease. I would probably purchase the car since I will probably be way under my miles.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
go4gr8

I'm leasing the car to try it out for 2 years. If it lives up to my expectations, I may keep it. Or, if i decide to try something else, then bye-bye to the G.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
iko

I've probably leased a dozen cars. Never once thought about buying it out.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
vinnys coupe

Originally Posted by Black 6MT
I am leasing for 24 months with 15k a year, since I take public transportation to NYC. I cannot imagine that I will put more than 30K at the end of my lease. I would probably purchase the car since I will probably be way under my miles.
im going to do the same. But im not sure ive been thinking it over. I mean 15k a year 24 months. im going to be way under mileage. i kno im going to want to bbuy it out. but then if i say under mileage i can prob sell it for more then what its worth at the end of the lease and put that toward another car.
My father wants me to finance.

How does it work out better lease then finance or just straight out finance. Bc i was talking to my friend with a nissan altima ser and he said he is leasing the buying bc it worked out better.?? how is that possible?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
iko

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
How does it work out better lease then finance or just straight out finance. Bc i was talking to my friend with a nissan altima ser and he said he is leasing the buying bc it worked out better.?? how is that possible?
If buying out a lease there's a very strong chance the car's price will be considerably more than purchasing a used one at that time. Residuals and money factors are backed by captive lenders which makes them more attractive. This is why when going for a 2 yr or 3 yr lease it's better to do through the manufacturer than with a bank.

Of course, this isn't always true. In the 90s I leased a Jeep Grand Cherokee the very first year it came out. 2 1/2 years later I wanted out of the lease and was able to turn a small profit with trading it in at the dealership. The Jeep was in high demand in Colorado.

I have a hard time thinking this will be the case with a RWD Coupe like the G37. If it were me, I would look to purchase a used G37 instead of buying out your lease.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 AM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I leased my 350z, had it for 2.5 years. I dropped some money down. I owed 17K on the car for buy-out. I sold it for 21K. i got the money back I put down, so I broke even. The going rate on this car at the time for the milage I had on it was right at 22K (maybe a little about). I had SF-Challenge rims and borla true dual exhaust. I didn't expect to get the money for mods back out anyway, so I was please.

I rode the full lease out on the 97 mistu eclipse GST, bought the car and sold it a year later for payoff. I broke completely even on that one.

My G's a fun car so it's garaged most of the time so the milage will be low. If demand is still decent and I decide to sell it later, i should come out OK. I also put lots of cash down since I have the intentions to buy anyway.

jon
Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Protein Shakes

Hey vinny's coupe,

Just what the above members said, we have a purchase price at the end of the lease. If we are way under mileage, we can always buy the car and then sell it. We are already paying for a specified usage, might as well take advantage of it.

IMO, the good thing about leasing for only 24 months is that we have not paid off a good portion of the car. So it won't be a bad idea to get into another car if we wanted to (perhaps an Audi RS class)
Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
vinnys coupe

loll yea thats also what i was thinking.. we should take advatage of the mileage bc isnt that where the residual comes into play?

well well RS class is just something difference lol