Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Would you buy a g37 if you were me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:26 PM
One_Hertz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy a g37 if you were me?

Started looking for a new car recently and after a lot of research I liked the g37. Few things about me:

- I am 19, turning 20 in a few months.
- I make $55,000 a year working full time.
- I live with my parents and plan to do so until I am about 22-23 (i.e. no bills to pay).
- I am also a part time university student, parents paying for university.
- my parents are pretty wealthy ($250,000++ yearly income) and will help me out if anything bad were to happen. We have a great relationship.
- I would be buying/leasing the car for my own money entirely.
- I am single (no money spent on girlfriends)
- I currently drive a 6 year old honda civic.

With the amount of money I am making I always have a large surplus in my current situation no matter what. I've never been a guy to go out and party, been working my *** off my whole life to be where I am right now. Keep in mind a g37 here in Canada would cost me about 60k. I am planning to lease it for 3 years as of right now, so by the time I move out I will no longer have the liability of a lease to pay. I part of me wants a nice car, but another part of me wants to be safe and have like 100 grand in my bank account by the time I move out. Would you buy/lease a g37 if you were in my situation?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:33 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ehh, i would. i would not lease the car tho. buy it, you are just throwing away your money if you are leasing. like you said, you parents are well off. if you have any trouble with your car payments, give them a hollar and they would help you.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea Id buy it and it will help you will your "no Girlfriend problem"
Old 12-29-2007, 02:43 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
u make $55k a yr but how long have u been working?
if u haven't been working for long, then i suggest saving up a lil longer(maybe 2 yrs)...i make more than u and live at home as well but i saved for 1.5yr before purchasing the G...and my G was $41k not $60k

but if I were you, i'd work less and go to school fulll-time and finish school sooner...which means no G for me...$60k is a lot of money, i prolly wouldn't buy the G if it cost that much here in the states
Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 PM
The1andOnly

I would get it. You're pretty much in the same situation I was in i few years ago when I had my '01 Mutsang GT and I bought my G35 when I turned 18. I just turned 21 last August and just traded in the G35 for the G37S 3 weeks ago.

As far as leasing or buying, that completly depends on how you are with cars and your future plans as far as cars go. I think you're in a really good situation right now like me as far as money is concerned. If you like to hold onto your cars for a long time, I would say more than 4 years, I would buy the car. Plus if you but the car, since you say you really have no financial, I would put alot of money down and take a short term. Doing that would really put you in a good situation since you could have most of the car paid off by the time you say you're gonna move out on your own.

But if you like to have the ability to change cars every few years, I would lease.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
One_Hertz

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
u make $55k a yr but how long have u been working?
if u haven't been working for long, then i suggest saving up a lil longer(maybe 2 yrs)...i make more than u and live at home as well but i saved for 1.5yr before purchasing the G...and my G was $41k not $60k

but if I were you, i'd work less and go to school fulll-time and finish school sooner...which means no G for me...$60k is a lot of money, i prolly wouldn't buy the G if it cost that much here in the states
I've been working for about a year now, but I was making 45k before, got a recent raise to 55k. Thanks for the opinions, looks like I will be leasing like I initially planned. I don't think I would like to drive cars into the ground.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:41 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i say do it.. sounds like u have a set financial plan.. you still live with your parents you have no expenses. no gf noo expenses i say do it. Buy it. Pay it off as soon as possible (before u go out on your own.) Then when your out o your own you would already have a nice car all paid off. You can invest ur money in something else. I think its a perfect time to buy.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:44 PM
vINCe_Inc

GET IT ! Im in the same boat as you. Graduated a year ago. a little bit of student debt. make about 70k. im putting 30k down and gonna finance the rest. hope to pay it off in 2 years. and then start saving for a place.
i've always justified myself by thinking 'if you dont do it while you'r still young, chances are when you get married you'r not gonna be spendin much money on a car'.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:44 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by One_Hertz
I've been working for about a year now, but I was making 45k before, got a recent raise to 55k. Thanks for the opinions, looks like I will be leasing like I initially planned. I don't think I would like to drive cars into the ground.
This coming from someone that's driving a 6 year old Honda. I never lease, you have nothing to show for it afterwards and I hate worrying about how many miles I can put on the car. I know you have the option to buy afterwards, but it just makes more sense to buy initially. It sounds like you are more than financially stable, so I don't know why you wouldn't want to buy it other than to have more money in your pocket.

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be happy with the car as I love mine. Cheers.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:05 PM
MAXIMKA

buy the g and get your self a gf lol u only live once so
Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
One_Hertz

Originally Posted by MAXIMKA
buy the g and get your self a gf lol u only live once so
a gf isnt what I am looking for. I work 40h a week, have 12h a week worth of lectures and then some homework on top of that. I don't have much time to spend on much else at the moment.

The only reason I am driving an old honda right now is because its my dad's old car (hes got an h2 hummer now). Its been collecting dust in the garage for 2 years or so. I see it as my "learn to drive" car.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
PainProphet

a gf isnt what I am looking for. I work 40h a week, have 12h a week worth of lectures and then some homework on top of that. I don't have much time to spend on much else at the moment.

The only reason I am driving an old honda right now is because its my dad's old car (hes got an h2 hummer now). Its been collecting dust in the garage for 2 years or so. I see it as my "learn to drive" car.
Not ******* the Honda, I had one before my G37S and my 350z.

And about the gf... 40 hours of work, plus 12 hours of lectures a week... what you don't have another 20 hours for gf lectures during the week???

j/k
Old 12-29-2007, 04:18 PM
One_Hertz

I am actually quite surprised there are a lot of people like me here. I don't personally know a single person under 21 that makes even over 45k a year. Says something about g owners I suppose
Old 12-29-2007, 04:22 PM
PainProphet

I am actually quite surprised there are a lot of people like me here. I don't personally know a single person under 21 that makes even over 45k a year. Says something about g owners I suppose
My guess is, that may change for some people if you continue to bring it up... but they can only be mad at themselves.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
vince u make 70k first year out of college. are u pursing ur major if so what the heck is it??

Quick Reply: Would you buy a g37 if you were me?