Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

How close to invoice are people seeing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:42 AM
tampa pb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wezbian
So I take it it is harder to push an invoice price if you want a specific car with options? I am in the market for one and want to play it smart but not a lot of dealers have what i want in stock exactly. So did most of you take the instock or did anyone build one and still get invoice?

Also looking from the post above, is it as easy as that? Just tell them you would like invoice and you will sign? I will have to see how well that works then!
dont tell them "i want invoice". you WILL have to take a car off their lot. if they have to order the car for you, you wont get a terrific deal. if they have to do a swap with another infiniti dealer, they will have to ship the car, and that costs the dealer another $600 (approx).

dealerships need to move units. if you can take a model off of their lot, it is the best way to get a deal. also bear in mind that this is prob a car u will keep for a while. dont settle. if you will be taking a car off the lot, make sure it is what you WANT, and not something that you will take.

this is the second time i've bought a car that way. i find that most businesses will take you more seriously and accomodate if you seem that you know exactly what you want. believe it or not, dealerships dont want any BS either. they just want to make a profit. if you give them a number you are willing to pay, they will tell you if it is profitable enough for them. put the ball in their court. and again.. dont say "i wat invoice". tell them i will pay 39.876 or whatever for the car. make sure u go prepared with that number.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:52 AM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by tampa pb
dont tell them "i want invoice". you WILL have to take a car off their lot. if they have to order the car for you, you wont get a terrific deal. if they have to do a swap with another infiniti dealer, they will have to ship the car, and that costs the dealer another $600 (approx).

dealerships need to move units. if you can take a model off of their lot, it is the best way to get a deal. also bear in mind that this is prob a car u will keep for a while. dont settle. if you will be taking a car off the lot, make sure it is what you WANT, and not something that you will take.

this is the second time i've bought a car that way. i find that most businesses will take you more seriously and accomodate if you seem that you know exactly what you want. believe it or not, dealerships dont want any BS either. they just want to make a profit. if you give them a number you are willing to pay, they will tell you if it is profitable enough for them. put the ball in their court. and again.. dont say "i wat invoice". tell them i will pay 39.876 or whatever for the car. make sure u go prepared with that number.
Why beat around the bush? If you want invoice pricing or at least something close to it, just say so. That's how I got mine, AND ORDERED at that price.

You're not tied to any purchase, especially if you haven't signed anything.

Just make sure *you* are in charge and let the dealer know you are because you can always walk away and NOT purchase from anyone.

It's the customers that have the gold and the money so why should we be treated less than what we want?

Last edited by go4gr8; 12-26-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 AM
RedlineSi

Originally Posted by KRAZY J
yes that includeds taxes... and if u think u r gonna get a G37S with options like mine under 40K your livin in a dream world pal! Maybe 39K 2 yrs from now!... But now that I'm driving around and people r gettin a look see at this sexy/classy beast there's no way there gonna go below sticker... all you folks who missed those 3.9 and 2.9% deals are SOL! INDEED

I got a 6MT S with those options plus illuminated kick plates for under 40k....
Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
VAULTMAN

Phoenix AZ

I got mine at $750 over invoice. OTD price $42,799

Black on Black
Journey Sport
Premium Package
Splash gaurds
Trunk mat and net

I could have probably gone back to the other dealer and saved another $250 but I really did like the salesperson I bought from.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:01 PM
RPF

tampa pb,

What dealership did you deal with? I'm in the email back-and forth with pretty much every one north of say Sarasota and the offers so far have been pretty lackluster. The Orlando dealership made one over MSRP given the current $500 rebate.

2008 Infiniti G37
Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
just so you can read this. the first # is the MSRP, second is the Invoice.
Base Price of Vehicle $35,550 / $32,688
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - - $151
Optional Equipment $6,080 / $5,190
P01 Premium Package $3,200 / $2,757
U01 Navigation Package $2,200 / $1,896
P93 Illuminated Kick Plates $320 / $268
B94 Body-Colored Splash Guards $200 / $157
T95 Trunk Mat $100 / $69
T92 Trunk Cargo Net $60 / $43
Color Adjustment - -
Liquid Platinum
Destination Charge $715 / $715
Total with Options $42,345 / $38,593

so that is the invoice for my car. i got my car for 39,000 plus a 500 rebate from infiniti. unless my math fails me, that means i got my car for 38.5, which is 93 dollars less than invoice.

what did i do to get this number? what was my super secret? i knew the price of all of the options, knew the invoice before i went to the dealer. i told the dealer i was ready to buy, and if they can meet my price, i'll sign papers. i told my salesperson the number i wanted, just told him to talk to the sales manager, and if they want to do business to let me know. if not, i asked for the courtesy of letting me know so i can go to another dealership who might want my business.

i got the thumbs up about 3 minutes later.
best of luck!

Edit: you can do this yourself at www.edmunds.com http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/infi....html?action=2 use this second link if u want the 6MT - easier for u
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
most ill go is 500 over invioce..no more. once i find 500 or if some1 can beat 500 i will be buying the car, my dad wants to close a deal before new year. YAYYYYY =0)
Old 12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by RPF
tampa pb,

What dealership did you deal with? I'm in the email back-and forth with pretty much every one north of say Sarasota and the offers so far have been pretty lackluster. The Orlando dealership made one over MSRP given the current $500 rebate.
lokey motorworks. it is a mercedes/infiniti dealer. i have a strong relationship with them, i deal directly with the sales manager, and she just is nice and gives commision and the sale to a random salesperson she wants to. if you want the same kind of deal i got, just let me know, i'll go with u if u want, or i'll just talk to the sales manager for you, and let her know u are coming. PM me with details if you want. (my name is josh)
oh, btw.. she said for a deal like i got, she would highly recomend that the deal be done before new year. (not sure if that is true or she just wants to move units..)
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Sirhc7897

Well closed the deal tonight and drove it home...

Atlantic Infiniti in Jacksonville....

G37S Journey with nav, premium and sport packages...blue slate and stone interior...$43.5k OTD but at that price I got them to throw in the Elite protection package Option 1 (the everything package that includes services)....

At that cost I was happy with the deal once they included that....
Old 12-29-2007, 05:53 AM
RPF

Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I have sent you a PM.

I'm glad Lokey gave you a great deal. They have given a great deal of support to the FL G35 Club and as such I'd rather give them the business than my local dealership. Now if only they'd give the club pricing that they normally give on this model it'd make this process a whole lot simpler!

lokey motorworks. it is a mercedes/infiniti dealer. i have a strong relationship with them, i deal directly with the sales manager, and she just is nice and gives commision and the sale to a random salesperson she wants to. if you want the same kind of deal i got, just let me know, i'll go with u if u want, or i'll just talk to the sales manager for you, and let her know u are coming. PM me with details if you want. (my name is josh)
oh, btw.. she said for a deal like i got, she would highly recomend that the deal be done before new year. (not sure if that is true or she just wants to move units..)
Old 12-29-2007, 01:08 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
Well closed the deal tonight and drove it home...

Atlantic Infiniti in Jacksonville....

G37S Journey with nav, premium and sport packages...blue slate and stone interior...$43.5k OTD but at that price I got them to throw in the Elite protection package Option 1 (the everything package that includes services)....

At that cost I was happy with the deal once they included that....
so, that includes the taxes too? invoice for that is 39147 plus like 2500 taxes. comes out 41647. i think that is a bad deal. good luck with the car!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:26 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
so, that includes the taxes too? invoice for that is 39147 plus like 2500 taxes. comes out 41647. i think that is a bad deal. good luck with the car!
Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
$43.5k OTD but at that price I got them to throw in the Elite protection package Option 1
that package is easy $2000+, i forget the numbers.. but it is not cheap. if they actually threw in the full package.. the one that has like the 6 options, tire/wheel/environmental protection/blah blah, then that is a hell of a deal
Old 12-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Sirhc7897

If the deal had only been on the car it would have been nothing special (even a bad deal)...

However they did throw in the Option 1 elite package (which is the everything package) which has almost a $2500 value...So if you figure that package into my OTD I actual came in a good bit under invoice...
Old 12-29-2007, 02:16 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that package is easy $2000+, i forget the numbers.. but it is not cheap. if they actually threw in the full package.. the one that has like the 6 options, tire/wheel/environmental protection/blah blah, then that is a hell of a deal
so, its the 4 year deal? where they cover anything and everything? if so, nice deal.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Sirhc7897

It's the extended plan that covers you for 7 years / 100,000 miles...
Old 12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Shady'sG35

Coupe Daddy,
which dealership did u get it from?
my dealership wasn't coming close to invoice at all...

Quick Reply: How close to invoice are people seeing?