Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Great Lakes Area Buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Anecdoter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Lakes Area Buying Experience

Having contacted every Infiniti dealer in Ohio, as well as some in Michigan and Indiana, I wanted to briefly share my experiences to help anyone in the Great Lakes area get good service and pricing. If anyone wants specifics on which sales people I spoke with, send me a PM.

1.) Infiniti of Dayton - At first this dealership seemed very courteous, even promising to flatbed a G37 over two hundred miles to my door for free. But after a week of trying to get a quote from them, I can honestly say: don't waste your time. This dealership passed me along to three different salesmen while "trying to locate" the car that I wanted. Instead of telling me that they couldn't locate an exact match, they wasted a week of my time promising that they'll have a quote by "this afternoon." Once they realized that I wasn't going to pay MSRP after they did find a G37 with the options that I wanted, they pretty much ignored me.

2.) Infiniti of Cincinnati - located a car that I wanted right away, but wouldn't give me a quote unless I was at the lot. Since I live over three hours away, their reluctance made me move on to another dealer.

3.) Infiniti of Bedford(Cleveland) - at first, the salesman insisted on MSRP, but after I told him that I wasn't interested, he kept calling and emailing me for over two weeks until I purchased a G37 from another dealer. If you're persistent this dealer will make a deal, but only for a car they have on the lot. Unfortunately, they did not have a G37 that I was interested in and they never offered to try to locate the one that I wanted.

4.)Infiniti of Columbus - gave me a great price on a fully loaded Amethyst Graphite G37 out of the blue, but only because they were trying to offload it. Unfortunately, I was looking for a Blue Slate and the salesman was not willing to try to locate one, nor did he give any deals on the other G37s on the lot.

5.)Infiniti of Ann Arbor - this was the first dealership that I contacted by requesting a quote through the Infiniti website. I didn't hear anything from this dealer and when Infiniti contacted me to see if I had received a quote from the dealer, I told them that I hadn't, but that I would still like one. Almost two weeks later, one salesman did contact me about two G37s that were very similar to my configuration that he had located in our region. While this salesman was very helpful via email and the phone, things changed for the worse when I went to the dealership for a test drive.

Everything went well during the drive until we started talking about the price. Their idea of a "deal" was to not charge me $1000 to flat bed one of these cars a few hundred miles and then sell the car at MSRP. When I declined and thanked the salesman for his time, he called his sales manager over and accidentally revealed the fact that they use fake names when dealing with customers. They also blocked my old car in while they were showing another couple a G35 sedan. I have no doubt that they did this on purpose since there was literally a couple hundred feet of empty parking lot on either side of my car. Also, since it was raining, they should have parked the sedan a lot closer to the dealership entrance than they did. Needless to say, at that point I was tired of their games and left even though the sales manager was willing to go as low as $500 below MSRP.

A couple of days later, the General Manager of the dealership called and offered me a "great deal", but I declined since I had found a dealership that was straightforward and treated me with a little more respect.

6.)Infiniti of Fort Wayne - I called this dealership in an attempt to locate the G37 that Ann Arbor wanted to charge me so much to transport. They didn't have the car on the lot, but they were willing to flatbed the one that I wanted at no extra cost while still selling the car for $1300 off MSRP. After I agreed to their quote, the salesman called back and told me that the G37 that they were trying to locate had been sold. They located an identical model even further away and still honored the original price quote. This dealership even extended their free pick-up and delivery for scheduled service appointments to 120 miles without me even asking.

When I picked up the car, it was in great condition with no scratches or swirls in the paint even though two different dealers had detailed it. The only blemish was a small smudge on the center console that was easily removed on the lot. The salesman that assisted me even took the time to help drop-off my rental car after I finished the sale.

I do have one small note of caution for anyone interested in buying from Infiniti of Fort Wayne. This dealer insists on etching their cars and then charging $299 for it. I avoided this only because my G37 was on their lot for less than a full day and they didn't have time to etch. The finance guy wanted to etch the car while I was there and was not upfront about the fee, so I refused and made him redo the paperwork. Aside from that, I do recommend Infiniti of Fort Wayne to anyone in the Great Lakes area. If you would like the name of the salesman who assisted me, send me a PM.

Steve

Blue Slate G37 Journey w/ Stone Interior - Premium, Nav, Sport and Splash Guards.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
SilkeG

Great write-up and about time we had a thread like this. Congrats and enjoy your new Blue Slate.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
great write up man. thanks for taking the time.

have fun with your new addition to the family!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:jamin:

Last edited by PSYH; 11-20-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 AM
volnedan

I agree with you, I live in detroit area and bought my first G35 coupe from Ft. Wayne dealership back in 04. They were very straight forward and no BS. I am actually considering contacting them again since 2 out of 3 detroit area delears have been playing games.

FYI - Ann Arbor actually is the best out of the 3 in my area.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 AM
andromeda

As far as Infiniti of Bedford goes I must disagree a bit with what it's said here. The sales person I had to deal with was a very polite and a real gentleman. However, the sales manager there, was (and still is) the lowest class person we ever met. Have a lot more respect for somebody working at McDonalds than for him. Period.
If you need to buy from this dealer PM me and will give you more details.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Triple_X

I don't have enough time to write about dealerrships I've been in touch with. Let's just say the best experience was from one that wouldn't go less than MSRP. Dealerships and salesman make the whole experience of buying a new car a nightmare. It has made me not even want to pursue the coupe for a while.

EDIT: I haven't contacted the dealership that rockd referred me too yet, so hopefully that goes a little easier.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
pfizzle

I got mine from Ann Arbor, Sean helped me out. Very nice guy, very good dealership.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 PM
AndrewDDS

I bought mine from Infiniti of Troy. Easiest car purchase I have EVER made!! I found my car on Autotrader, e-mailed the salesmen with my offer, he called me a few hours later and said it's a deal. I drove up there, they had all the paperwork filled out for me before I even got there, I test drove the car, wrote a check, and drove my car home about an hour later. Seriously, great dealership, great salesmen, great experience!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
jrod4

Originally Posted by andromeda
As far as Infiniti of Bedford goes I must disagree a bit with what it's said here. The sales person I had to deal with was a very polite and a real gentleman. However, the sales manager there, was (and still is) the lowest class person we ever met. Have a lot more respect for somebody working at McDonalds than for him. Period.
If you need to buy from this dealer PM me and will give you more details.
I just left the Bedford Infiniti dealership and am looking at leasing an 08..The salesperson (Craig Grove) was extremely helpful and nice and took the time to show me everything I asked about. I'm just going to shop around the price and see what other people are leasing for.

Thanks to the OP as this is helpful seeing as how few and far between they are.