Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Just leased a G37 -good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 PM
bryan3d4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dzine07
G37
- premium pkg.
-Sport pkg.
-free oil changes for the lease term and check-ups.

$3995 down payment
24 months
15kmiles/year

$380 bux/month taxes included.
This quote reminds me of an old saying…
"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't"

The numbers simply don’t work!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Disasterpiece

Wow????????!!!?? Thats a really nice deal!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 PM
iko

Just for grins I decided to run a scenario to compare the cost of 4200 cap cost reduction (down payment) and 4200 in MSDs. MSRP, Neg. Price, MF and residuals are irrelevant, they stayed the same.

1) 0 down VPP lease 2/12 - $582
2) 4200 down VPP lease 2/12 - $389
3) 4200 MSD VPP lease 2/12 - $531

Money lost if leased vehicle is totaled, stolen, etc.
1) $0
2) $4200
3) $0

Amount returned at end of lease
1) Initial deposit - $600
2) Initial deposit - $600
3) $4200

Total rent charges including any cap cost reductions
1) $13,975.54
2) $13,589.34
3) $12,754.72

The winner is: #3
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
dzine07

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bryan3d4
This quote reminds me of an old saying…
"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't"

The numbers simply don’t work!

looks like your saying didnt live up to its expectations! KODOMO

here she is guys! same deal i stated above -

more pics soon! (when i get my camera on black friday!!!)

G37
- premium pkg.
-Sport pkg.

$3995 down payment
24 months
15kmiles/year

Attached Thumbnails Just leased a G37 -good deal?-a1.jpg   Just leased a G37 -good deal?-a3.jpg   Just leased a G37 -good deal?-a4.jpg  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
iko

Beautiful!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM
bryan3d4

Hey! the car is real, the quote not so much...
Congrat on the new ride; it looks great!!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
joshknot

looks like your saying didnt live up to its expectations! KODOMO

here she is guys! same deal i stated above -

more pics soon! (when i get my camera on black friday!!!)

G37
- premium pkg.
-Sport pkg.

$3995 down payment
24 months
15kmiles/year

Can I ask what you wound up negotiating for a selling price before the down payment? If you managed a significant discount (say ~$3k off), then I could see the $380/mo with an additional $4k down. But if your selling price was near MSRP...well, I want to know your dealer so I can ****** one up before they realize they fudged the math.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
dzine07

i dont know exactly how much the selling price was but i can post it up later in the evening if you'd like. if i could guess i'd say 38,614ish... all i really cared about was the monthly and cap cost reduction beiing no more than 4k

you people need to understand that up where i live these cars are last thing on anyones shopping list. snow and ice dont accomodate for this type of car in MN. that in itself is a negotiation chip. the dealer i bought mine from sold its first three to out of state sales! not local. i bought mine with three emails to the salesman and i picked it up that weekend. i dont care if the numbers dont add up in whatever spread sheet your looking at.. dealers will do anything to sell cars and build customer base. my family and co-workers all rock infinitis and three of the people that recommended me bought off my same salesman with no BS. once you have trust with a salesman and a mutal understanding for his needs to make a profit and yours -it all works out. my salesman still made out a couple hundred bux or more in less than three emails while still giving him the opportunity to deal with other clients. not bad if you ask me.

weather you like to believe it or not is up to you. the truth is, im rockin an 08 G37S with no regrets. throw some numbers on the table to your dealer and dont be afraid to look elsewhere and consider flyiing or getting it shipped. my co-worker reading this post with me said that the same dealer i got my g from picked him up from the airport and had his FX35 ready to go with a PF changs gift cirtificate of $50 in the glove box. he pays 357/mo with 4k down.

goodluck to all of you and if there is anything i can do just let me know. i never came on this post to lie or to tell others to fish for my same deal. if the salesman doesnt give you a similar deal, its because he'd rather make a few thousand than a few hundred on you.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
joshknot

i dont know exactly how much the selling price was but i can post it up later in the evening if you'd like. if i could guess i'd say 38,614ish... all i really cared about was the monthly and cap cost reduction beiing no more than 4k

you people need to understand that up where i live these cars are last thing on anyones shopping list. snow and ice dont accomodate for this type of car in MN. that in itself is a negotiation chip. the dealer i bought mine from sold its first three to out of state sales! not local. i bought mine with three emails to the salesman and i picked it up that weekend. i dont care if the numbers dont add up in whatever spread sheet your looking at.. dealers will do anything to sell cars and build customer base. my family and co-workers all rock infinitis and three of the people that recommended me bought off my same salesman with no BS. once you have trust with a salesman and a mutal understanding for his needs to make a profit and yours -it all works out. my salesman still made out a couple hundred bux or more in less than three emails while still giving him the opportunity to deal with other clients. not bad if you ask me.

weather you like to believe it or not is up to you. the truth is, im rockin an 08 G37S with no regrets. throw some numbers on the table to your dealer and dont be afraid to look elsewhere and consider flyiing or getting it shipped. my co-worker reading this post with me said that the same dealer i got my g from picked him up from the airport and had his FX35 ready to go with a PF changs gift cirtificate of $50 in the glove box. he pays 357/mo with 4k down.

goodluck to all of you and if there is anything i can do just let me know. i never came on this post to lie or to tell others to fish for my same deal. if the salesman doesnt give you a similar deal, its because he'd rather make a few thousand than a few hundred on you.
Thanks for responding so quick- what you say definitely makes sense. I'm not sure why anyone would assume you're bluffing on this, as the reasonable discount you received combined with the $4k in cap cost reduction combines exactly with the current lease program to come out with payments at your ~$350/mo.

I personally wouldn't feel alright throwing down $4k up front on a lease for all the classic/cliche reasons we've all heard before. Looks like if I put zero down and managed to get all the factors to match up with your deal I'd be round about $520/mo- which makes sense. I priced out a program on my own last night that got me to that price point based on a VPP purchase.

Either way, that's a great looking car, man. Enjoy the hell out of it- it'll still be a little while before I can do the same.

-Josh
Old 11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
dzine07

the only thing included were taxes. i apologize if there was anything on this post that made you think otherwise. i paid fee's and plates like everyone else. which wasnt that much more given that my maintenance and oil changes were taken care of as part of the promotional advantage pkg.

FYI -taxes on a new car can be written off in your taxes

btw, you had some valid points josh 520/mo is a very close estimate to what i was looking before 4k down.

also, just a note. i negotiated a quote from infiniti of santa monica that read 15k/year -24/mo -$406 taxes NOT included & 2995k down. at the time that wasnt a bad deal.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM
bryan3d4

Hey dzine,

I apologize for starting this mess... If you got a deal that works for you and most importantly you love the car... Nothing else matters.

Oh and BTW; you killed me with your initial reply, where you zapped me. lol
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM
dzine07

Originally Posted by bryan3d4
Hey dzine,

I apologize for starting this mess... If you got a deal that works for you and most importantly you love the car... Nothing else matters.

Oh and BTW; you killed me with your initial reply, where you zapped me. lol
its ok dude. i just want people to see that these are very real numbers.

its ok.. that "daddy hit mommy across the dinner table vibe" is gone now -lol

"just eat your vegtables sweety" lol ..... that dane cook is a silly bitc$H

and yes. i am happy with this car and to me thats all that matters. which is why i think my girlfriend isnt talking to me anymore....does it help i name my G after a girl??? lol im just kidding.