Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 AM
TunedG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question...

If someone's currently leasing a car, and wants to go to a dealership wanting to get a newer car, being that the lease is not over with yet...can the dealership take over the lease or do some kind of a swap to get a newer car?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How many more payments are left? Typically, you would have to buy the car at the current payoff from the bank and than trade it in.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 AM
TunedG37

Originally Posted by Callaway
How many more payments are left? Typically, you would have to buy the car at the current payoff from the bank and than trade it in.
I have an 06' Lexus IS350 and I leased it for 48 months. I have 29 more months left in the lease paying $490 per month. So I still owe about $14k...

Now I got a letter from a local Infiniti dealership being that the subject is "Lets Trade Keys" which is a special going on tomorrow and Sat to which you come in and rather if you're financing or leasing your current vehicle, they'll trade keys with you and you can get an 07' or 08' Infiniti vehicle with no money down and keep the current amount of payments from what you're paying per month with your current vehicle. Is there a trick to this? Because I would love to get my hands on a G37 Sport Coupe...Let me know, thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM
msb3079

Originally Posted by TunedG37
I have an 06' Lexus IS350 and I leased it for 48 months. I have 29 more months left in the lease paying $490 per month. So I still owe about $14k...

Now I got a letter from a local Infiniti dealership being that the subject is "Lets Trade Keys" which is a special going on tomorrow and Sat to which you come in and rather if you're financing or leasing your current vehicle, they'll trade keys with you and you can get an 07' or 08' Infiniti vehicle with no money down and keep the current amount of payments from what you're paying per month with your current vehicle. Is there a trick to this? Because I would love to get my hands on a G37 Sport Coupe...Let me know, thanks.

"let's trade keys"??!?!? i'd love to hear about that
i doubt it includes the coupe tho.

yeah you still have a lot of payments left....
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Sounds like a gimmick to get you into the showroom. To get out of the lease early:

1. Make all your remaining payments plus early term fees and return the car to the bank

2. Transfer the lease to someone else

3. Buy the car at the current payoff
Old 10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
TunedG37

Originally Posted by msb3079
"let's trade keys"??!?!? i'd love to hear about that
i doubt it includes the coupe tho.

yeah you still have a lot of payments left....
Well yeah lets see what happens tomorrow when I pass by the dealer to get more of an understanding of how this "Lets Trade Keys" special deal really works...Cuz at the end I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more per month on a coupe. Let's see what cars are involved in the deal....
Old 10-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

I guess the dealership could buy the car from your bank, but that would only work if the current value is more than what you owe. That positive equity would be applied to your new lease on the G. Any negative equity would be covered by a down payment from you or incorporated into the new deal.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
TunedG37

Sounds like a gimmick to get you into the showroom. To get out of the lease early:

1. Make all your remaining payments plus early term fees and return the car to the bank

2. Transfer the lease to someone else

3. Buy the car at the current payoff
I called the dealership just now to get this out of the way and spoke to one of the salesman and told him if this "Lets Trade Keys" deal is a gimmick. He responded that no it's not a gimmick and that they do this two day event once a year. And he also told me that the G37 coupes are included in the deal. All he needs is to checkout the car I'm currently leasing to get the ball rolling. He sounded cool...I have an appointment with him tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck and I'll let you know what the outcome is...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

^^Well what do you think a salesman is going to say? Their main objective in any marketing strategy is to get you into the showroom to test drive the car so they can try to talk you into buying. I get several letters in the mail from Nissan dealerships claiming that there is a shortage of 2003 Maximas in the region and that this is a limited time offer yada yada yada. Too bad they don't realize I no longer drive a 2003 Maxima. Good luck with your appointment, but be prepared to walk out with out a new car if they cannot honor what their ad says.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

So what was the outcome?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
metalhead115

i am very interested in this... i have an 05 infinti fx35 lease that im trying to get out of i have about 61 months left at 449 a month
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

^^61 months left on a lease?! Wow.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:33 AM
TunedG37

So what was the outcome?
I got the car...The dealer bought out the lease. I owed $14k on the lease. So I said to myself, instead of buying out my lease with my own $14k, I went ahead and put $14k down on an Ivory Pearl G37 Sport and I'm paying now $527 per month for 60 months financed with 4.9 APR. No more leasing cars for me.

I knew that there was some kind of a catch to the letter I recieved in the mail from the dealer, but it's that you'll be able to keep your current payments on a new car depending upon the down payment you gave down at the time you leased the car. And ofcourse being the car your purchasing new is roughly the same amount of the car that you're trading in.

Regardless I was eventually going to get my hands on a new G coupe..and I did. Below are a few pics I took during the weekend...

Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Congrats on the new purchase. Awesome color choice by the way!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
TunedG37

Congrats on the new purchase. Awesome color choice by the way!
Thanks...I've always been a fan of white with black interior. Easy to clean

Checkout pics of my white 350Z when I had it before getting the Lexus IS350. If it wasn't for my ex fiance that had two kids, I would have still had the Z with like over 600hp by now, hehe..Seriously though, but oh well. Time to hookup the G...

Hot Import Nights Orlando 2005

Quick Reply: Question...