Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buy Now or Wait Until Current Lease is finished

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
bugsydad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy Now or Wait Until Current Lease is finished

I am looking for some opinions and ideas or suggestions to help make a decision.

I have had an 2006 G35 Sedan since April ’06. It is leased and my remaining lease payments total 1400 until April, 08. I am sort of bored with it. Although it is a great car, I have not personalized it because of the lease and I find the styling and the dashboard boring. It has no nav, which I miss and no realistic iPod conncection .

I love the G37. My dealer has an IP/Wheat, Nav, 19”wheel and tire package, premium. No sport package. So here are the questions. IP/Wheat is one of my top color choices but I wanted the sport pack for the suspension and paddle shifters. I don’t care about the seats or limited slip.

Do you think that a car that does not have a full sport package will be hard to sell in the used car market, because there are no paddle shifters? It is a small thing, but used car buyers sort of feel they should get the fully loaded car at the used price.

The main thing though is of course the dealer will not offer any incentive on the car and in order to buy it, I have to pay off the 1400 on the G35. While I am temped, I keep thinking, if I just wait, there will be more cars to choose from and my payments will be made. I will be able to get an IP with Sport easily later. Any thoughts? Immediate versus delayed gratification for $1400. Is buying a car without Sport package foolish anyway. By the way selling the G35 is not realistic. The payoff is the same as KBB retail and unless I get top dollar I will be out of pocket anyway. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
tjlskyline

you may regret not getting the sport package later...
what about leasetrader for your g35 have you thought of that? Think you could lease it to someone else for the remainder maybe save some money.
have you talked to the dealer about getting out of the lease since your getting a new one?
your going to buy not lease a new one right?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
bugsydad

The sport package is one of the things I am concerned about. The dealer will not do anything on the lease unless I buy a left over G35 coupe. Then they will pay it off and give me a 2k discount, but I am not interested in the G35. I thought about lease trader but wondered if it is too short a time. The payment is 179 a month which is super low because i did a big capital reduction. The Infiniti lease says it is not assignable so I am a little worried about that. I bet on Craigslist I could find someone to take the car for 6 months at $179.