Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Lease options.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:07 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lease options.

I keep seeing people tlak of money factors when leasing from Infiniti, but is that required? My Credit Union gives WAY better rates than that.

Infiniti isn't saying you can only lease from them, are they?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Initial G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, they aren't. That would probably never happen because they are certain to lose business. They actually never have to know where you get your money to pay for your car. All they care about is the fact that they get their money in the end. You could turn in a trillion pepsi points to get 40k cash, and they would definitely be ok with that.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, yes, for buying the car they don't care where the money comes from.

For leasing I was thinking it may be different because as the end of the lease you have to give them the car back.

Then again, I suppose money is money.....
Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
G THANG

Originally Posted by iansw
Well, yes, for buying the car they don't care where the money comes from.

For leasing I was thinking it may be different because as the end of the lease you have to give them the car back.

Then again, I suppose money is money.....
I just returned my coupe 2 weeks ago and I asked the lease return manager"so,whatcha gonna do with this car?'' He said dunno,it belongs to the bank,they do whatever they wan't with it!"I thought Infiniti owned the car being I got it thru IFS.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by G THANG
I just returned my coupe 2 weeks ago and I asked the lease return manager"so,whatcha gonna do with this car?'' He said dunno,it belongs to the bank,they do whatever they wan't with it!"I thought Infiniti owned the car being I got it thru IFS.
How did your return go--were they real sticklers about anything? I have never gotten to the end of a lease without trading it in on something. My car is in great shape except for some scuffing from the front being so low and once or twice pulling into a parking space too far when I first had it. You can't really see it unless you're on your knees looking for it, but I was wondering what they'd do about it. And if you know, is there anything they do differently if you're doing an early termination (I believe if you are re-leasing an Infiniti, they'll waive $500 worth of excess wear and tear--anyone know if that's still true with an early term.?)
Old 08-20-2007, 10:51 AM
yeahdickey

yes that is true even with early lease termination .. I am living proof

Nov. 2004 I broke my lease early on my Xterra and got a G35x and i had $350 worth of damage and they waived it (up to $500) because i leased another Nissan/Infiniti vehicle.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM
ig3507

how soon can you break your lease for an upgrade without any penalties.
I live in ny and my lease payments came out to be pretty steep back in may when i got my 07 coupe. They were not budging at all on the fact that the g37 is coming out and this was the cheapest dealer i went to. Now i have my car but im thinking that for what theyre selling the g37 for my lease payments would have been the same. Although i did put money down on this car i wouldnt mind losing it in about a 1 to 1 1/2 years just to get a 37 if its worth it.

Not thread jacking just courious..
Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM
ig3507

how soon can you break your lease for an upgrade without any penalties.
I live in ny and my lease payments came out to be pretty steep back in may when i got my 07 coupe. They were not budging at all on the fact that the g37 is coming out and this was the cheapest dealer i went to. Now i have my car but im thinking that for what theyre selling the g37 for my lease payments would have been the same. Although i did put money down on this car i wouldnt mind losing it in about a 1 to 1 1/2 years just to get a 37 if its worth it.

Not thread jacking just curious..
Old 08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
G THANG

Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
How did your return go--were they real sticklers about anything? I have never gotten to the end of a lease without trading it in on something. My car is in great shape except for some scuffing from the front being so low and once or twice pulling into a parking space too far when I first had it. You can't really see it unless you're on your knees looking for it, but I was wondering what they'd do about it. And if you know, is there anything they do differently if you're doing an early termination (I believe if you are re-leasing an Infiniti, they'll waive $500 worth of excess wear and tear--anyone know if that's still true with an early term.?)
Don't worry about a thing!!!My car was in great shape,it had minor scuffs and maybe one or two tiny dings and NOTHING happened!They(IFS) are gonna have you contact this number to set up an appraisal before you bring the car in.The appraisal guy/gal doesn't really care about minor stuff, just the miles on yur car,test to see if the radio works and they are gonna take a picture of the interior and exterior.I think they only look for BIG dents and major scratches like if someone keyed you or something like that!Oh yeh,they look at yur tires too,make sure you have lots of tire shine and wash the car. The whole process took about 10-15 minutes!Make sure they give you a print out of the appraisal,Infiniti will not take yur car back without the appraisal.If you are trading the car in for another Infiniti from my experience,a manager comes out looks at the car and miles and determines what it's worth,then you and the dealer work out some numbers.That process is a little different than actually bringing it back for a lease return.GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by G THANG; 08-21-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Johnhw2

Lease return experience

Originally Posted by WellBelowH2O
I have returned leased cars to IFS with great experiences. Very reasonable on normal use. I use my cars and they get dinged in Houston parking and have had no extra charges for damage or tires or anything with the two returns I have had to date. I plan to keep my G35 coupe when I get my G37 this time but returning Q45's has gone fine. They use an external inspector hired by IFS now when they use to use an inhouse salesman or service manager to do this work.