Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Residuals and Money Factors

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:14 AM
WellBelowH2O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Hi Well Below, are you a scuba diver? I am thats why i asked...

These are numbers off of a website, you can play with most of the variables for any car and come up with a monthly payment. They just started posting G37 numbers about 2 weeks ago, I am trying to lease when i get my next car, so I am checking various avenues myself, hit their site and tell me what you think... I am no expert either and have never leased a car before myself...

www.leasecompare.com

I am not sure if they are great deals or there is a lot of hidden fineprint, but the MFactors looked good....
Yup.. looking at the site you give, the numbers seem much closer to what they should be... Is it possible that you put the wrong residual in your original post? They're showing about a 61% residual in the offer I saw on the site for a $564 payment (which makes much more sense) and would explain the huge variation in pricing that I was seeing when using the number you originally posted (which was 52%).

Oh, and yes, I am a diver! Just came back from Cancun last month doing some great diving. Going to Grand Cayman in November and will get some diving in there as well. Really makes me wonder why I dive cold-water in a drysuit up here in Jersey after coming back from the Caribbean.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
G-WannaBe

Do the numbers look better then anything else you have seen? The site is a little tricky, it changes every time you put in a new lint item variable, so i may have cought it off on my last post by putting in too many things too quickly, but now I also see a Ris @ 26,102, a MF of .00259 and a payment of $554 for $3500 down 15k a year, @ a price of 42,500.

I got certified in basic up here in New England and 100% agree with you last statement. While wrecks are more numerous up here, the clarity and temp @ depth is 10000000% better down there. If you ever make it to the Drak channel off of the BVI islands (right next to the USVI) there is a great wreck very sheltered in about 100 feet. The movie 'the deep' was filmed in part on this wreck, the RMS Rhone. Sank in a big storm in the 1880s, steel hull is still there in very good shape, bow is very intact, and the stern a little less so which is about 50 feet away.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
WellBelowH2O

Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Do the numbers look better then anything else you have seen? The site is a little tricky, it changes every time you put in a new lint item variable, so i may have cought it off on my last post by putting in too many things too quickly, but now I also see a Ris @ 26,102, a MF of .00259 and a payment of $554 for $3500 down 15k a year, @ a price of 42,500.

That's what I was seeing on the site too... I think my sales tax for my state may have made it $564. For me, even if the payment was off by $20 or so higher, it's just easier to go through IFS with the lease (esp. with the early termination that I have to do... going to cost me $5600 to terminate...yes, I know it's stupid, but I'd really like a new car, so why not), but what you have on that site was a bit cheaper.

Maybe will have to check out the Drak channel if it's not to far from St. Thomas (will be there next May for a week of diving). If you want a good compromise between water temps and wreck diving.. you have to check out Bermuda. I was there last year and it was great--good vis, great water temps, and some enormous wrecks (check out this link). Not as much marine life as you get further south, but still a great compromise. Check out Bonaire if you get the chance... great shore diving!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:48 PM
FineAnalyst

I just want to say thank you for all of y'alls great posts and words. I think this has been the most informed a freckled blond girl can be when walking into a dealer.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys how bout the financial plan..

Looking no more then 43 grand. Like i want g37 rear spoiler sport package.. dont need prem package but might get it if able to.

Looking to get the payments no higher than the 400s. Looking to put 12-15 down and buy for either 5-7 years.

You guys think it could work?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:42 AM
G-WannaBe

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe

Looking no more then 43 grand. Like i want g37 rear spoiler sport package.. dont need prem package but might get it if able to.

Looking to get the payments no higher than the 400s. Looking to put 12-15 down and buy for either 5-7 years.

Sorry VC, I am no monetary analyst nor am I a car sales guy, I would have to defer to the other guys on this forum who are. I would message one of the many who are here, or go over to the buying/leasing thread and see who else there may be better qualified to reply. I found a good site that maybe 1 of a dozen good internet business links where to buy. You should also check out Carsdirect.com, http://www.checkbook.org/auto/leasew.cfm, and a few others who may help you deal on the new model. I am sure dealerships right now just don't have to with all the buzz, so your best new deal direct may come late in the year, like December when people are not buying rear wheel coupes as much. Good luck
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea im looking to purchase it by dec 1st so i would put my order in nov which agian people arent buying rwd coupes
Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Rampant

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe

Calculating financing is significantly easier, just use one of the many loan calculators out there (eLoan has a good one with rates).

However, here are some rough caculations to get you started:
$30k @ 6.25% for 60mo. = $583.48/mo.
$30k @ 6.89% for 72mo. = $509.89/mo.

$25k @ 6.25% for 60mo. = $486.23/mo.
$25k @ 6.89% for 72mo. = $424.91/mo.

Don't forget, you need to include taxes in your purchase price. So, if the car costs $41k, with taxes, it will be around $44.4k (using 8.25% tax rate), which means you will have to put down $14.4k to finance a total of $30k.

You should be able to figure out the rest, but it looks like, in order to get to low-mid $400's /mo., you will have to get a base 6mt sport and put down around $14k and finance it for 6 years.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 AM
stoian21

Originally Posted by Johnhw2
Based upon a MSRP deal at $44900 on my G37 journey/tech/sport/prem/spoiler/nav car and essentially no trade in, I estimate a 48 month lease cost of around $625 or so. This is based upon Texas sales tax rates and the reside.money factor data provided above. I think that is a pretty good rate, for nothing down lease on a loaded G37. Dont hold me to this estimate but it is my best guess.
I just did the math. For 48 mos at 0.00285 MF, 51% RV, 0 down, using MSRP of $44,900 (excluding D&D) and adding D&D, title and acquisition fees it's $685+Tax. Final cost ends up being in the $700s. The residual values are great but that MF is way up there. MF for an '07 335i is 0.00175. I am personally waiting until the dealer lots get full, and they are willing to come down by about $2k on a fully loaded vehicle with a money factor at or below 0.00200. That would translate to $110 (pre tax) a month in savings using the same scenario. On a 24 mo. lease the difference is $160 a month.

Last edited by stoian21; 08-23-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by stoian21
I just did the math. For 48 mos at 0.00285 MF, 51% RV, 0 down, using MSRP of $44,900 (excluding D&D) and adding D&D, title and acquisition fees it's $685+Tax. Final cost ends up being in the $700s. The residual values are great but that MF is way up there. MF for an '07 335i is 0.00175. I am personally waiting until the dealer lots get full, and they are willing to come down by about $2k on a fully loaded vehicle with a money factor at or below 0.00200. That would translate to $110 (pre tax) a month in savings using the same scenario. On a 24 mo. lease the difference is $160 a month.

I took delivery yesterday of my new coupe. Leased from IFS and turned in my 2003 g35 coupe. I love this car, man it is so smooth, refined yet fast. What a step up from my old coupe. I probably didnt get the best deal in town but got an early delivery and love this car. Ive had 9 Infinitis mostly Q45's but this is my fav thus far, just so luxurious and fast and great looking. Mine is Red with stone interior, it is awesome with the alum accents in side and looks great together. Thrilled with it more than I can put into words.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Bombay

I took delivery yesterday of my new coupe. Leased from IFS and turned in my 2003 g35 coupe. I love this car, man it is so smooth, refined yet fast. What a step up from my old coupe. I probably didnt get the best deal in town but got an early delivery and love this car. Ive had 9 Infinitis mostly Q45's but this is my fav thus far, just so luxurious and fast and great looking. Mine is Red with stone interior, it is awesome with the alum accents in side and looks great together. Thrilled with it more than I can put into words.
Ok, so what are the details of your lease.... how much a month/how many months/how much down?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:18 PM
stoian21

)) Enjoy it!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Johnhw2

Originally Posted by Bombay
Ok, so what are the details of your lease.... how much a month/how many months/how much down?

$655/mo for 48 months with 15k miles a year. I put about $3500 down and saved some sales tax by "trading in my 2003 G35 coupe". I got the car last Thursday and have 400 miles on it and loving every minute. Great ride for comfort, luxury and performance.......feels more like my 2006 M45 sport than my old G35 coupe to me.