Build Threads

My G37 journey from STOCK to CUSTOM

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Done! Those are three 12" Arc Audio shallow mounted subwoofer. For all those that online have been saying you can't get DECENT sound on a convertible. I fit three 12"s in there! Roof closes just fine, and I removed the separator sensor that wouldn't let the roof go down if not placed up in the trunk.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:21 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Skitzo
Next order of business being currently done is:

3rd - Borla S-type catback full exhaust
4th - K&N cold air intake
5th - JDM 3 stage OBD II chip install
6th - tinting windows
5th - installing front fog lights

After these above, I'll do:
6th - aftermarket rear bumper (more sporty: https://www.bodykits.com/i-24235656-...ce-108240.html)
7th - Turning stock touch screen to run Apple Car Play off my iPhone
8th - Upgrade Bose stock speakers and subs with Arc Audio speakers, JL Audio subs and Arc Audio amps, plus I'll do a custom box for extra subs & amps in the small compartment in the trunk beneath the roof, when the roof is in the trunk.
9th - Vossen HF1 hybrid forged wheels (9 front, 10.5 back - being made, already ordered them)

I'm excited as F*** to have it all done in the end. I'll keep you all posted!

Hey, nice set up to the audio...any luck with number 7 on your list? you've done more in a month than i did in 6yrs to my car LOL..
Old 05-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
Hey, nice set up to the audio...any luck with number 7 on your list? you've done more in a month than i did in 6yrs to my car LOL..
That's a true-story. I did do a lot! I installed the Grom Audio VLine 2... ... I like it a lot, if I could just get consistent results... ... but it's hit and miss! Apple Car Play (I have an iPhone), at times it works and connects, at times it doesn't. The device seems to have a life of its own. It works when he wants to, but very seldomly works when I WANT it to. Lots of bugs overall. Is it a dependent unit? 50% of the time. Consistent results is the major hold back. But yeah, the interface does by pass the OEM touch screen, and yeah it does work. All stock controls on the car DO WORK fine.

It allows to watch YouTube, Hulu, stream movies eeven.. .. .that's cool. Take it for whatever it's worth! This is what I installed in the dash, behind the stock OEM unit:
https://gromaudio.com/store/all-nis9...u_wlq1tc_.html

Old 05-05-2020, 02:34 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
yeah that about sums it up lol..but yeah, read up on the grom set up and considering that route or the tesla screen, but hearing some issues with tesla, so will see..either way, will see; but nice ride, enjoy that audio..saw the you tube vid and wow, that is nice a car!
Old 05-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
yeah that about sums it up lol..but yeah, read up on the grom set up and considering that route or the tesla screen, but hearing some issues with tesla, so will see..either way, will see; but nice ride, enjoy that audio..saw the you tube vid and wow, that is nice a car!
Thanks, bud! ... ... still waiting on the final touch, some Vossen 20" wheels. Ordered them 35 days ago, still not here... ... damn it!

About the Grom Audio, the Tesla looks fancy, but I read-up online about the "plastic-y" feeling of the screen and the whole experience of the "touching" the screen is below-par.

My body-shop guy said those Tesla-like after market dash kits, that people come back to get them off sooner than they put them on... ... lol

I would have gone the Tesla way, but... ... I've been trying to keep the original stock look of the center piece in the G. Grom Audio was the only way! hopefully, the software will get more stable with some of their OTA updates.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

These just arrived:

OEMassive Chrome Clear Projector Headlights

Old 05-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Done & installed. For what it's worth, I like them a lot. I haven't driven with at night yet, so I don't know how these will compare to the OEM headlights. I did buy the direct replacement HID bulbs from Diode Dynamics, so it should be the same brightness, hopefully... ... we'll see! They do add a pretty bad-*** look to the car, makes it look SO MUCH more modern. I was debating to get them or not. I was torn! Online I kept seeing everywhere only the black case version of these, not the chrome case like the ones I got. Why I wasn't sure I'd get them or not.

Now that I got them, I'm glad I did. It looks pretty sick, my opinion! What do you think?

Here's a fun video I made where you can see them on the G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPA...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-09-2020, 05:41 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

... ...and after LOTS of F*** bombs thrown and 2-4hrs later, I got the SmartTop Off install done... ...

and you can see the video on YouTube below. The key is to have the car UNLOCKED before giving it a top close/open command.

When I installed it I thought it didn't work, but then... ... I looked over the instructions, and I over-looked that part!

Old 05-10-2020, 09:07 AM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Done & installed. For what it's worth, I like them a lot. I haven't driven with at night yet, so I don't know how these will compare to the OEM headlights. I did buy the direct replacement HID bulbs from Diode Dynamics, so it should be the same brightness, hopefully... ... we'll see! They do add a pretty bad-*** look to the car, makes it look SO MUCH more modern. I was debating to get them or not. I was torn! Online I kept seeing everywhere only the black case version of these, not the chrome case like the ones I got. Why I wasn't sure I'd get them or not.

Now that I got them, I'm glad I did. It looks pretty sick, my opinion! What do you think?

Here's a fun video I made where you can see them on the G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPA...ature=youtu.be

Check Alpharexusa headlights for G37. Full led and 1000% better performance then OEMassive.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:14 AM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slawek65
Check Alpharexusa headlights for G37. Full led and 1000% better performance then OEMassive.
Yeah... ... I saw them, I don't like the look of the turn signals on those, unfortunately. These OEMassive, although not as good as the Alpharexusa, they have a cooler look, and the sequential fancy blinking turn signal does it for me!
Old 05-10-2020, 11:43 AM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah... ... I saw them, I don't like the look of the turn signals on those, unfortunately. These OEMassive, although not as good as the Alpharexusa, they have a cooler look, and the sequential fancy blinking turn signal does it for me!
O ok. I just want to show You more options for headlights. Have a nice day.
The following users liked this post:
Skitzo (05-10-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 11:46 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

That just looks SLICK ! I was getting really frustrated, because I couldn't remove the silver collar at the base of the shift ****. Some people have said in other forums that the leather needs to be stretched... ... well, in my car it wasn't the case. I had to take the center piece off, fish the booth through and put it in an upside position (didn;t have to remove it), and cut a zip-tie Infiniti puts to hold the leather tight to the base of the shift ****. Took me 20min. total! Looks sick! I love it!

ILM-NC G37S (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

They finally arrived. 20" Vossen HF-1 Hybrid-forged. Done with mods (for now), only thing left is dyno tune it.

Car definitely feels heavier now and lost some of the throttle quickness. They're 10.5" in the back, 9" in the front.

Last edited by Skitzo; 05-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.
ILM-NC G37S (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 04:19 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 1,073 Posts
That just looks SLICK!
Proof positive that great minds think alike. Here is my Momo:

Mine is at least 6 years old and needs to be replaced. The metal is starting to corrode and show its age. Still better than OEM!

The finally arrived. 20" Vossen HF-1 Hybrid-forged.
Nice wheels. I am contemplating Vossen"s HF-3's myself. Great minds...

Great build!
Skitzo (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Just added these on... ... looks better! ... ... on a 10.5 wide tire, and plus these babies, the look from the back it really is COOL !!!

Quick Reply: My G37 journey from STOCK to CUSTOM