Build Threads

My G37 journey from STOCK to CUSTOM

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 12:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Nope, not me... my Vert info is relatively weak. But I'm sure if you start hanging out in the Vert subforum, you'll find your answers. It's a tighter group than general membership.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1st picture is original bumper, 2nd picture is the aftermarket one I just had installed, 3rd & 4th picture are just comparisons in look

Old 04-22-2020, 06:35 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Here's a walkaround video of how it looks so far. Fog lights in the front, waiting for some custom brackets to come in and some Vossen HF1 gloss silver 20" wheels to come in still, then after that I think I may be done with exterior mods... ... maybe... ... who knows! .. .... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3omU...ature=youtu.be

The Borla S-Type catback exhaust I bought turned out Borla does NOT make one that fits a vert. It required some welding to make it fit, costed extra (not much), but they made it work. Sounds good when it needs to behave, sounds loud and bad *** when I need to turn some heads... ... lol ... .I love it, happy with it!
Old 04-22-2020, 06:37 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I can only guess he means this (googled):
https://www.performancechiptuning.co...ule-for-smart/

Don't waste your money OP. You'll need a real tune.
Got it! Returned it! Schedule an UpRev street tuning next week. just waiting for my new Vossen wheels to come in, then I'll go!
Old 04-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
That's about right. If you have access to a reputable tuner shop, go for it. Street tuning is for when the dyno tune isn't practical, or when you really got the DIY bug for the fun of it. Seems two of the biggest names for remote tunes are Moncef and Seb.

Good luck.

Oh hey, I found this old video of my then 12 year old kid (she's 20 now), while I had my friend's car at home. Look familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-XEaun1z0w

Bought the Smart top off mod kit. Will be installed this weekend. Excited. Hopefully it doesn't screw-up other electrical things in the car! ... ... lol
Old 04-24-2020, 01:37 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Skitzo
Got it! Returned it! Schedule an UpRev street tuning next week.
OP what are your plans with the street tune?
Old 04-24-2020, 02:15 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cmckenzie15
OP what are your plans with the street tune?
I'd hope I'll get a boost in efficiency and performance, have those two mods (cold air intake & Borla catback) work at their optimal level. I'm done with mods, won't do anything else to the engine! Hoping to get some extra HP out of it, too obviously!
Old 04-24-2020, 03:42 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts
I'd hope I'll get a boost in efficiency and performance, have those two mods (cold air intake & Borla catback) work at their optimal level. I'm done with mods, won't do anything else to the engine! Hoping to get some extra HP out of it, too obviously!
Enjoy man should bring some extra ponies and more throttle response. Glad your done with mods....till your not.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:05 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cmckenzie15
Enjoy man should bring some extra ponies and more throttle response. Glad your done with mods....till your not.
lol... .. I already contemplated Stillen SuperCharger, but then... ... I checked that out already! This is really a car that I want to keep for 10yrs+. and I don't want to jeopardize the longevity of the engine by putting a turbo charger or supercharger or whatever. In the end, for a guy like me, I am all about the looks of the car and having the sickest sound system, more than being the fastest or having the loudest pipes. I want tthe loudest system!. ,... ...ahahahah... ... I'm the douche bag that stops at the trafiic light and heads turn for how they feel the tunes in their own car.

Get this... ... first time ever I put some exhaust pipes and cold air intake in any of my cars, just to give you an idea, how much of NOT a car guy I am, but this G37 is starting to look unique.

For the money I'm putting in upgrading and highly modifying the sound system, I could have bought a Twin Turbo charger.. ... lol.. .. wish I was joking! Just in the trunk alone, in that little space left beneath the top roof folded in the trunk and the spare tire (which is NOT there), I figured out a way to put not one, not two, but three shallow mounted 12" subwoofer. I'll post pictures once I'm all done!
Old 04-26-2020, 11:47 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Old 04-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Old 04-27-2020, 01:37 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

The amp on the top is an Arc Audio 2500 Watts that will power up the three shallow mounted 12" subwoofers in the custom box. The smaller amp on the bottom right is also an Arc Audio amp that will power up the two 6x9 mid-bass speakers. I took off the Bose stock ones in there and put some "Unity" 6x9's instead. The amp on the bottom left is a 6 channel speaker (100 Watts RMS per channel) which will power up the component set-up 3 way (tweeter, mids & woofer). Each speaker will get 100 watts RMS individually (100 Watts left and 100 Watts right), even the small tweeters. Should sound loud, but clean and crisp.

Excited, and hopefully gets all done today!
Old 04-28-2020, 01:04 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Dampening DONE RIGHT !
Old 04-28-2020, 02:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Dampening DONE RIGHT !
There's that moment, when someone has to tell you the lyric isn't "wrapped up like a douche".

Impressive amount of sound deadening wrap you've got there. Have you driven it yet with the door panels back on?
Old 04-28-2020, 02:24 PM
Skitzo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
There's that moment, when someone has to tell you the lyric isn't "wrapped up like a douche".

Impressive amount of sound deadening wrap you've got there. Have you driven it yet with the door panels back on?
Not yet, but I hope to God it sounds impressive for what I have put into it so far... ... lol

Quick Reply: My G37 journey from STOCK to CUSTOM