Build Threads

deep0542's 2013 G37xS Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 02:52 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Looking good bro!

I’m a little confused on why you needed to drill a new hole for the visors? The Q60 visors are the same exact size as the G. By the way, don’t be too jealous when you see the photo below... just finished this sucker and it’s near flawless.

The following users liked this post:
deep0542 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 08:40 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Received 160 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Looking good bro!

I’m a little confused on why you needed to drill a new hole for the visors? The Q60 visors are the same exact size as the G. By the way, don’t be too jealous when you see the photo below... just finished this sucker and it’s near flawless.

Thanks man, and congrats to you on your progress (just saw your last update)!

The Q60/370z SunVisor clips are a direct swap for the coupes. The sedan has a thinner horizontal clip which goes into that “white rectangle” you see me drill next to.

Did you Frankenstein or keep the original Q60 visor and wrap over it? Very clean work! Would love to see how you handled the edges.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:57 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by deep0542
Thanks man, and congrats to you on your progress (just saw your last update)!

The Q60/370z SunVisor clips are a direct swap for the coupes. The sedan has a thinner horizontal clip which goes into that “white rectangle” you see me drill next to.

Did you Frankenstein or keep the original Q60 visor and wrap over it? Very clean work! Would love to see how you handled the edges.
No mad science required in this one, it’s just the q60 visor wrapped in leather. So what’s strange is the first q60 visor I opened up was a foam block and I was sort of deflated b/ I thought they would be clamshell like ours. Well I was moving parts around Monday and grabbed the other visor which I didn’t mess with yet (driver side) and it seemed different. I opened it and sure enough clam shell. So I’m unsure if all q60s have clamshell for driver, foam block for passenger or if maybe I got two from different years and they changed.

I’ll likely have to Frankenstein the passenger side unless they do have a black passenger that’s clamshell. TBD.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:01 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Happy new year! Errr. it's already February. Time flies....

I've been a little MIA, partly because of work, but also due to acquiring a new little toy. In December I purchased a 2013 370Z NISMO (#440) in Gunmetal (aka KAD) with ONLY 13K miles. I had been searching for this spec on the 370z's for over a year- as I love the aggressive exterior looks of the V1 bodykits- and the '13-14 had red calipers and gunmetal wheels. This isn't a replacement for the G; but I had been missing 6MT dearly, and the G had also reached the point where modifying it too much further would compromise the daily driver nature of it.

Why not wait for the new "400Z"? I'm not a huge fan of the exterior looks on the photo, it's not bad but just doesn't compare to the V1s to me. Just a gorgeous (IMO) car:

You can check out more of me taking delivery of the car on YouTube:

What's next for the G? I still have a few minor exterior modifications left, along with some quality of life upgrades for the interior. First up, due to COVID progress has been slow on my custom JDM tails- but I just received this in-progress pic from the builder. Wild to see them opened up!

Finally, a quick winter time pic of the G. Cannot wait till the weather warms up so I can begin work on both of my cars. Till the next update!

The following 4 users liked this post by deep0542:
jpowersjr2 (02-03-2021), Krak3n (02-02-2021), ngolbuff (02-01-2021), Rochester (02-02-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 03:35 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Progress of the JDM tail light build. Satin black housing, red reflectors, red turn signal, and Diode Dyanmics halos underneath the shroud for a clean OEM+ look. For more from the retrofitter check out johnnyblaz3customs on IG. Very excited to see these sealed up with the "lighter" JDM covers on!

Rochester (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
For quality work like that, I'd gladly take on that JB decal. Those are gorgeous.
deep0542 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 03:45 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
For quality work like that, I'd gladly take on that JB decal. Those are gorgeous.
Agreed, not my favorite decal (I'm a sucker for the OnEighty look); but I like to think of it as an artist signing his work. It'll be masked nicely by the covers once they are on.

Thank you! Very happy with the outcome so far.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Agreed, not my favorite decal (I'm a sucker for the OnEighty look); but I like to think of it as an artist signing his work.
Exactly what you just said.

I also feel that about OneEighty. That mod has been on my list forever, and if I ever followed through with it then I certainly would want their little amber decal over the reflector area.

Looking forward to the final pics. Are you going to tint the lens somewhat, or stay with clear? I kind of think clear is the way, given how the innards look.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:01 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Is he doing the reverse as well?
Old 02-08-2021, 04:14 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Exactly what you just said.

I also feel that about OneEighty. That mod has been on my list forever, and if I ever followed through with it then I certainly would want their little amber decal over the reflector area.

Looking forward to the final pics. Are you going to tint the lens somewhat, or stay with clear? I kind of think clear is the way, given how the innards look.
New headlight's would absolutely set off the front of your car. Although I'm betting most of your 2021 mod funds will be tied up in your tuning project. Tuning is probably the last mod for the G I'll tackle this year (so I say now....)

The JDM lenses are clear with a "slight pinkish" hue to them. With the satin black house, it should come out looking lightly tinted with zero impacts to visibility. That's actually what sent me down the JDM path, as it would have been much cheaper to just tint my USDM tails or modify my USDM ones.

Originally Posted by BULL
Is he doing the reverse as well?
Yessir, those were sent as well!
Old 01-06-2022, 10:21 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Weird to see my old car on Carvana, for exactly what I paid for it nearly 5 years ago. Crazy times indeed in the auto industry. Miss it at times, but the 6MT Sedan is definitely a more rewarding car to me.
iCrap (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 10:07 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Prices coming down they said. Inflation is transitory they said. Lol
The following 2 users liked this post by sobeIPL:
deep0542 (01-07-2022), iCrap (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 01:39 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts

Weird to see my old car on Carvana, for exactly what I paid for it nearly 5 years ago. Crazy times indeed in the auto industry. Miss it at times, but the 6MT Sedan is definitely a more rewarding car to me.
I've been driving a 6mt coupe from a buddy. I believe that 4.0 gears are what I would do. So used to the 7at acceleration that the 6mt just feels sluggish to me.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:13 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
I've been driving a 6mt coupe from a buddy. I believe that 4.0 gears are what I would do. So used to the 7at acceleration that the 6mt just feels sluggish to me.
Ah, I guess for me the HR torque curves feel much more snappy than my old 3.7. I may do gears at some point though.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:26 PM
BigSpoon
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Background

Hey MyG37, I'm Deepan. After two years of owning (and lurking) on this site, I figured it was time to emerge from the shadows. After finishing up grad school in the winter of 2016; I needed a daily that was a little more "grown-up" for work. I work at a corporate center which has a parking lot full of the usual suspects: Mercs, Audi's, BMWs, and Lexus's. Against that backdrop, my fully modded little '04 Tiburon (first car from high school- ran for 12 years) was way long in the tooth. Wanting something a little mature, fun, and reliable (aka Japanese)- I set my sights on a G37 Sedan.

Originally I wanted to secure a 6MT (only driven manual my entire life), but the wife vetoed it as she wanted AWD for the Ohio winters and the proverbial "she would need to drive the car" at times. Bleh.

If I had to go an AWD 7AT, I knew I wanted the xS trim to grab some of the "Sport Appearance" goodies and build from there. After a few months of research, a CPO KAD 2013 G37xS with 31K miles turned up at an Infiniti dealer in Cleveland. Someone had just passed on the car 15 mins prior to "think about it" (despite me calling the dealer earlier that day to let them know I was driving 2+ hours to test the car); needless to say I took it for a quick spirited spin and purchased her immediately after.

Build Goals/Philosophies:

The car is my daily driver and as such I've prioritized appearance and quality of life upgrades to keep an "OEM+" mindset to the build. Once the car is aesthetically where I want it, I'll focus on on rounding out some minor performance related mods.

I also log my progress on IG: @deepanrajah

Here's the current build to date:

Wheels/Tires
  • OEM 19" Enkei Coupe Wheels (Squared); powder coated Galaxy Gloss Black
  • Firestone Firehawks 245/40/R19
Suspension/Brakes
  • Swift Springs
  • OEM G37S Coupe Rear Swaybar (26.7mm)
  • Akebono BBK Calipers (finished in Anodized Red + Silver Infiniti Decals)
  • Centric Premium Brake Rotors (E-Coating)
  • Akebono ACT1347 Ceramic Brake Pads
  • StopTech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Engine/Performance
  • Tanabe Medallion Axelback Exhaust
  • Fast Intentions Catback Exhaust (2.5" piping; 18" Resonators)
  • Fast Intentions Resonated High Flow Cats
  • Ali Baba "Z1-style" 2.5" Intakes
  • K&N Drop In Air Filters
Exterior (Visuals/Lighting)
  • OEM Rear Spoiler
  • Molded OEM Sport Lip
  • Custom 2-tone OEM Grille
  • HappyBuyItNow Extreme3 Low Profile Roof Wing
  • Window Trim Wrapped in 3M Gloss Black Vinyl
  • Ceramic Window Tint - 20% All around
  • OEM Infiniti Valve Stems
  • De-badged "Infiniti" Trunk
  • JP Customs Headlights
    • Satin Black Housings
    • STI-R Clear Projector Lenses
    • "Honeycomb" Etched Low Beam Projectors
    • Quad Diode Dynamics Switchback Halos
    • Smoked Side Reflectors
  • OEM Sport Daytime Running Lights
  • Diode Dynamics Tail-as-Turn module
  • XenonDepot T10 LED Interior/License Plate Bulbs
  • JDM Power Folding Mirrors + JDM 2010+ Winkers (in-progress)
  • JDM Tails (in progress)
  • 09 Rear Bumper Conversion + Blacktop Aero Rear Spats
  • AutoKitsX Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
  • EZ Splitters Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps (in-progress)
  • Molded Sport Front Lip
Interior (Visuals/Lighting)
  • 2011 G37 LE Sedan Monaco RedLeather Seats
  • Phoenix Automotive Tesla Style Android Radio + Carlinkit Apple Car Play Dongle
  • GT-R Clear Map Light Lenses
  • GT-R Start Button
  • Carsmo Radio and HVAC *****
  • 2018 Q60 Shift **** + Boot (Shortened shifter stalk)
  • XenonDepot T10 LED Interior/License Plate Bulbs
  • OEM Interior Accent Lighting
  • OEM Console Tray
  • OEM All Season Mats (Winter)
  • Carbon Fiber Hydro-dipped Window Controls
  • Carbon Fiber Hydro-dipped Shifter Base Bezel
  • Interior Trim wrapped in 3M 1030 Metallic Gloss Black
  • Black Suede Wrapped Headliner
  • OEM Black Plastics (Q50 & QX70)
  • Leather Wrapped Flat Bottom Custom Steering Wheel
Current Look:

Where did you get those cool three diode looking lights next to each fog light?!

Quick Reply: deep0542's 2013 G37xS Sedan