Build Threads

DuuMaa's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Very nice build! I used to hang out at JoTech back in the day so to speak. Late 90's when they were still pretty small.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:04 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by PhoQ
FTR Splitter Rods installed. These are some nice rods if you ask me.

I prefer black rods. Light colors don't do it for me

Love the new wheels btw!!
Old 08-16-2016, 02:55 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
Very nice build! I used to hang out at JoTech back in the day so to speak. Late 90's when they were still pretty small.
That was way back in the day. We've upgraded a bit since then.

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse
I prefer black rods. Light colors don't do it for me

Love the new wheels btw!!
LOL!! Thanks, I actually only test fit those for a client who bought them and wanted to make sure they fit on the car before he came to pick them up.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:56 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Photos from SlammedEnuff Dallas a little over a week ago.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice group, looks like you hang w/a good crowd
But your G deserves to be further up the line in that last shot.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:24 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice group, looks like you hang w/a good crowd
But your G deserves to be further up the line in that last shot.
Thanks! This was the G's from Dallas, Houston, and Austin. 2 members came from Georgia. I was lined up with the other sedans but got mixed up somehow. Next time we will have a larger group and make a more badass picture like the Challengers.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:28 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

So for my manifold conversion, stock intakes wont work so I decided to try out R2C, heard many good reviews about them and contacted them. They were very helpful and even helped me out on my build, knowing that I would be ordering them just to chop it up so it will fit with the manifold.

Fuel system will be ordered and I will be making a fuel return setup to go E85. We need to make lines for the new manifold so going to to knock everything out at once.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice job K, BTW, did you get that vinyl I sent?
Old 08-17-2016, 06:56 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
You going flex or purely E85?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:33 PM
GNTLMN_Z
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
So for my manifold conversion, stock intakes wont work so I decided to try out R2C, heard many good reviews about them and contacted them. They were very helpful and even helped me out on my build, knowing that I would be ordering them just to chop it up so it will fit with the manifold.

Fuel system will be ordered and I will be making a fuel return setup to go E85. We need to make lines for the new manifold so going to to knock everything out at once.
Keeps getting better and better.

I'm going to be getting my e85 conversion this coming Monday!! I'm super excited. I'll be getting the car tuned for flex fuel. Are you going flex or pure e85?

I was considering return fuel system originally but decided to just do the flex fuel now and do the return system when I do the TT install sometime next year.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:15 AM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice job K, BTW, did you get that vinyl I sent?
Thanks! Yes I received it that day you emailed me, I thought I responded to it saying that I did, but I guess I just imagined things. Thanks for getting it out so quick!

Originally Posted by zer099
You going flex or purely E85?
I will be going flex on Ecutek.

Originally Posted by GNTLMN_Z
Keeps getting better and better.

I'm going to be getting my e85 conversion this coming Monday!! I'm super excited. I'll be getting the car tuned for flex fuel. Are you going flex or pure e85?

I was considering return fuel system originally but decided to just do the flex fuel now and do the return system when I do the TT install sometime next year.
Thanks! Same here man, just had to get some things straightened away before I dumped more money into the car, just purchased another gun so that is taking most of my car fund.

The car will be on flex, but for the majority of the time I will be on 93. E85 is pretty corrosive stuff. Who is putting your car on flex?

I'm going to have the Radium surge tank in my trunk where the spare tire is so I will have plenty of fuel. Linked below.

Dual External Pump Fuel Surge Tanks
Old 08-18-2016, 11:18 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Awesome. I was asking mainly because if going flex I was wondering which sensor and gauge you were going to go with. Mainly for other people's future search efforts. There's only like two of use currently that I know of running E85 flex. And nice choice with Radium; they make quality products but are mainly only known in the lotus scenes, sadly.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:41 PM
GNTLMN_Z
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks! Same here man, just had to get some things straightened away before I dumped more money into the car, just purchased another gun so that is taking most of my car fund.

The car will be on flex, but for the majority of the time I will be on 93. E85 is pretty corrosive stuff. Who is putting your car on flex?

I'm going to have the Radium surge tank in my trunk where the spare tire is so I will have plenty of fuel.
Its funny how most car guys are also gun guys. Two expensive hobbies that make it difficult to properly proportion funds lol.

I'm in California so we get 91 in place of 93 which was the major reason for going flex for me. But I'll also be running 91 for the majority of the time. I'm going to visit Seb at Specialty-Z for my flex install and tune.

I won't be running an extra fuel tank however.

Awesome. I was asking mainly because if going flex I was wondering which sensor and gauge you were going to go with. Mainly for other people's future search efforts. There's only like two of use currently that I know of running E85 flex. And nice choice with Radium; they make quality products but are mainly only known in the lotus scenes, sadly.
I'll personally be running a Zeitronix flex fuel sensor along with the Zeitronix ECA-2 ethanol content analyzer. I'm not going to be installing a gauge at this time. That'll happen when we install the TT Kit next year. We'll also be installing 1000cc fuel injectors and perhaps a larger fuel pump if required.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:45 PM
DuuMaa
Registered Member

I will be going with the Zeitronix sensor and their content analyzer, leave that in the engine compartment and run the Innovate MTX-D Ethanol gauge inside the car. There are a bunch of companies who make the flex sensor, continental being one of the larger companies. AEM also has one.

Yeah, they aren't really that well known (Radium), I barely heard about them a couple years ago but their product is really nicely made. I was thinking about their in pump surge tank, but was worried about it fitting in there. External pumps are loud!!
Old 08-18-2016, 01:15 PM
zer099
Premier Member

If I may ask, if your going with the innovate gauge why not go with the full on ECF-1? I went that route and re-purposed the fuel pressure sensor as a oil pressure gauge since it's typically the Achilles heel of our engine. Obviously for my build being NA it made the best option to cover all the bases, but I'm trying to see why others, like the two of you, go different routes and I'm sure in the future others would like to know the thought processes we went through.

PhoQ, yea their stuff is top notch in my book. I was considering running their surge tank and mounting it in the trunk as your right: they can be loud. But I'm also considering dropping the extra cash and just going with CJM's road race in tank setup (if it will fit the G tank, which it should). I've already had the right hand turn fuel starved problem twice now. Once the car shut off as normal, on an other instance i felt it go and let off the gas; I think having larger rails saved her on that situation.

Quick Reply: DuuMaa's Build Thread