Build Threads

G37 Daily/Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Mr.Grant

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
G37 Daily/Track Build

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the forum and like pretty much on her love my G37 I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. Unfortunately one of the love of my life was involved in a tragic accident that made me think I would have to give up on her and move on (insurance company was deciding to declare it a total loss smh).

I decided not to go that route and bring my baby back to the way she should, and being 21 and having an infiniti as your first car I also thought it would be a smart financial move to total her out and try looking for something new with I know would of been a small sum my insurance company would give me to move. Because as we all know they are the scum of the earth, but that a story for another time.

Anyways so with the car knowledge I have gained over the course of the year while working with my dad. I decided to take bringing my baby back to the way she should be with a little TLC and some help from my friends.

I also thought it would be fun to document my what I would feel be a crazy journey to bring her back up to shape. I also have plans of turning her into a slight track beast with also having the comforts of a daily driver.

Here are my plans once I restore her to her original glory:

Exterior
- OEM Sport Lip
-OEM Sport Spoiler
-Midnight Grill or paint my original one
-Rear debage

Interior
-Carsmo *****-
-Bluedesigns Aluminum Shift ****
-Custom start button
-Detail
-Upgrade to OEM Sport Seats
-Upgrade to OEM sport Paddle Shifters

Suspension
-Upgrade Sway bars to OEM G37s sedan Sways( may go aftermarket depending on how these perform)
-Swift Springs
-Debating on Sway Links(haven't decided on a brand, maybe someone can provide me some insight on this please)

Performance Mods
-Injen long tube cold air intake
-Kinetix HFC
-Top Speed Cat back Exhaust
-Top speed Y Pipe
-Debating on who to get a tune by
-Stillen Headers
-Maybe Forced Induction later on more than likely will be a turbo build.

Now some pictures of how my baby used to look(sorry didn't really get a chance to take to many of my own pics, but this should give you an idea cause its still my car just the dealer pics lol:

PICS of my bruised and pride hurt baby(soon to be restored ):

More to come....

Last edited by Mr.Grant; 12-15-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Mr.Grant

Ok so today we were able to finally break the car down to see how much damage was caused from the accident. My friends said luckily there is no frame damage or anything like that it's mostly cosmetic. Unfortunately the only big issues are the fact when we took the bumbper off it triggered the airbag light but they didn't deploy thankfully and the fact that Infiniti decided to put an aluminum reinforcement bar which is why I sub stained so much damage from a low speed impact.(no other cars were involved besides mines).

So what needs to be replaced are the headlights, fog lights, front bumper and accessories, and the grill, we are buying a steel reinforcement bar which should do better in the future although I hope to never find out how well it works lol, grill, left drivers side fender, a new radiator and radiator support,and finally fresh paint. The estimate came up to about $12,318. She fought with insurance and they agreed to pay to fix since there is no frame damage. Pics below and showing the stupid aluminum reinforcement bar that didn't do **** lol.

More to come when the parts come

Last edited by Mr.Grant; 12-15-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Mr.Grant

Alright so good morning guys and gals, Im so excited because the parts came in yesterday and all that day we were working on getting her back up and running again. We made a hell of a lot of progress with no help from statefarm slowing us down, while we either waited for them to re/evaluate the car and cut us the money for parts. I'm also luckily that there is no frame damage to the car . So its only cosmetic stuff we have to worry about. Here is what we got so far. She was also able to order me a steel reinforcement bar instead of the useless aluminum that nissan/infiniti install from the factory, and what would this thread be without pic

Picture showing the new steel reinforcement bar which is also thicker than the aluminum one.

preped for paint, just wanting for the paint.. lol

So now we are waiting to paint, and little bits of pieces like the grill which was delayed in shipping and the chrome fininshers for the fog lights and we should be good, then after that wax and wash and she should be back on the road in no time. Shooting for Sunday or Monday to be complete

Last edited by Mr.Grant; 12-17-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:20 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
I do hope no one was hurt or anything like that.

I know you had been well down the road with your G and this must be quite a set back.

Shows how much I know: the pics don't look too bad...let alone a totaling.

Anyhow,

Good Luck

Sean
Old 12-12-2015, 07:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
G/L w/ your rebuild plans looks like a solid list you've put together, look forward to seeing you get it just where you want it
Old 12-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by VIVID
I do hope no one was hurt or anything like that.

I know you had been well down the road with your G and this must be quite a set back.

Shows how much I know: the pics don't look too bad...let alone a totaling.

Anyhow,

Good Luck

Sean
Originally Posted by blnewt
G/L w/ your rebuild plans looks like a solid list you've put together, look forward to seeing you get it just where you want it
Thanks guys and yes it's going to be a good distance road to travel but I'm prepared. Just dropped it off at a shop my friend has. She is going to do a walk around and evaluate all the damage. She said from the looks of things it's doesn't look like a totaled vehicle but she said she will have to see once she starts breaking it down. She also said she may can convince the insurance company to not total it and she will fix it. So I'm real excited to see what her and her team come up with.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Nice to see you not giving up on her! Building your G will make you appreciate it 100x more. Good start to the mod plans. I have a X coupe that I have turned into my Daily Racecar if you want to browse my thread for ideas. Here's the link:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...l-worklog.html
Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 AM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Nice to see you not giving up on her! Building your G will make you appreciate it 100x more. Good start to the mod plans. I have a X coupe that I have turned into my Daily Racecar if you want to browse my thread for ideas. Here's the link:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...l-worklog.html
Thanks and what you said is indeed true I already feel even more attached to her and can't wait to she her shining again. Thanks for the link to I've already been following your amazing build like many others on here. I try not to bite but when I see something tempting it's kind of hard not to lol
Old 12-15-2015, 12:33 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
I take it you will be going to Road Atlanta for DE? What other tracks are you expecting to go to?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Mr.Grant

Originally Posted by m3clubracer
I take it you will be going to Road Atlanta for DE? What other tracks are you expecting to go to?
Yes thats the plan when I get her back up and running again. I plan to take her to the track while she's stock so I can get a feel for how the car handles on the track as it is. Then when I start upgrading it I'll know what actually improving the car, and what I could have saved some money on lol. But yea theres not to many tracks around here in Georgia for track day type event, but plenty of drag style types of tracks, so I plan on either Road Atlanta or Atlanta Motorsports park.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Mr.Grant

Good Morning my fellow G's I wanted to update you all on the status of my car. Everyhitng is going better then planned. She is almost complete being restored and I can't be more than gracoious for everyone who has helped me get my car back to the way she should be. The only set back I could say that happened in this process is while putting the front bumper back on the airbag sensors felt appart and caused the airbag light to go off. Lucjily the airbags didnt deploy but it was a 2000 fix yikes. Anyways we got her all painted and button back up and without further do here are some more pic

Still needs some things, but we are pretty much done. Now I can finally start working on upgrades. Already have placed some 370z wheels on her, will post pick as soon as I get her lowered on the Swift springs that are sitting in the garage. Stay tuned for more
Old 12-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Mr.Grant

So I finally am in a place where I can start crossing things off my mod list. So today I installed my Carsmo *****, 370z wheels (courtesy of a forum member jfisher thanks man!), and got my windows some of that much needed mind yo business aka tint lol. Pictures below and ill take a pic of the ***** later to. Now she needs to be lowered and some G37s rwd sways I bought installed and much more.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Moving on up! Nice score on those wheels for sure.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:05 PM
NeoNz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
cool build nice wheels and way to go on not giving uP! get rid of that chrome trim ASAP!
Old 12-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Strokelessone
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Your build is looking good. You must have expensive repair shops near you, I had the same damage as you minus a new radiator, but had to have both driver side doors and hood replaced due to a double deer hit. My total damage was estimated at a little less than $4000

Quick Reply: G37 Daily/Track Build