Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 10:01 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
In other car news, the cause of my A/C leak is the Mishimoto condenser that came with my Mishimoto radiator. I could get the parts under my Mishimoto warranty or I could go back to an OEM radiator and condenser for free with free shipping and labor due to my vehicle service contract. I opted for free since I am not tracking the car anymore. However, this means I will have 2 spare Mishimoto radiators and one spare OEM radiator. If you need one, let me know.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:09 AM
Whiterocket
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
2/26/18- I finally have my Sparco seat back in with the lowered seat rails so I can fit with a helmet and I think I have finally resolved my airbag light with a new 2.2 ohm resistor and also by making sure to disconnect the battery before switching seats.

3/10- I finally wrapped the lower half of the bumpers and side sills in carbon to give the car the more aggressive look of a chin spoiler and rear diffuser. It looks awesome in person!

Rear "diffuser"

"Chin spoiler" You can barely see the carbon weave if you blow it up full size.

You can just start to see the carbon weave here. Looks awesome in person!

4/3- I had the 4.083 gears installed. They make a big difference in the lower gears. More info. including pics with all the part numbers on page 46.

4/9- Installed the Mishimoto radiator/condenser and Concept Z silicone radiator hoses.

4/25- Today's project was installing my new carbon wrapped grille with a new emblem and new high air flow mesh to hopefully help with coolant temps on track. (More on page 49)

5/20- I had Outerwears makes some custom water resistant covers for my Z1 air filters and got to install them today. More on page 51.

5/21- I had my chrome window trim carbon wrapped to match the grille, splitter, side sills and other black trim.

5/23- Today I installed my Z1 2pc. slotted front rotors. They shave 8.2 lbs/corner and should help with cooling. More on page 51.

5/26- I had the Z1 rear subframe bushings installed. Good for track, but difficult to notice on the street.

6/10- I reshaped, sanded, and repainted the jack points and pinch welds and installed my second ZSpeed under tray. More on page 52.

8/6- Installed Z1 motor mounts. Nice improvement in shifting precision and throttle response. More on page 57.

9/3- I installed an Alutec strut tower brace. Shiny, but doesn't do much.

11/6- Z1 adjustable front control arms and SPL endlinks are installed and the alignment is in progress. I am curious to see how it drives. More on page 61.

11/25- Bolted up my new hyper black Drag DR-73 rims and Blizzak WS-80 tires. More on page 62.

why does everyone install their rotors wrong? ive seen this so many times. Its hard to believe that people don't know this and this is a forum of car enthusiasts. Your rotors are on wrong
Old 06-10-2020, 06:32 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
In other car news, the cause of my A/C leak is the Mishimoto condenser that came with my Mishimoto radiator. I could get the parts under my Mishimoto warranty or I could go back to an OEM radiator and condenser for free with free shipping and labor due to my vehicle service contract. I opted for free since I am not tracking the car anymore. However, this means I will have 2 spare Mishimoto radiators and one spare OEM radiator. If you need one, let me know.
Wait, when did this happen, you aren't tracking the car anymore?
Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
6mt g37 / 4dr 6mt / myg37 / no 7at / proper6 / 370gt / 4dsc / legday / autolol / rare6mt
PROPR6MT

I like that one.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Whiterocket
why does everyone install their rotors wrong? ive seen this so many times. Its hard to believe that people don't know this and this is a forum of car enthusiasts. Your rotors are on wrong
His rotors have directional vanes. They're installed correctly.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-10-2020 at 08:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 07:04 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
PROPR6MT

I like that one.
I thought of that one too but it's 1 too many letters. I think the limit is 7 in WI.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:27 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Whiterocket
Why did you post 20+ pics instead of just one? It's hard to believe that people don't know this and this is a car forum. No, my rotors are not on wrong. I thought the slots looked backwards too, but the vanes inside are directional and this is the way you install them so that the hot air radiates out of the rotors. I had to call Spencer at Z1 to make sure when I got them.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Wait, when did this happen, you aren't tracking the car anymore?
I decided late last year when I realized I got everything out of this car in terms of lap times that I could and more modern machinery with significantly more power pulls away from me at Road America with the long straights. Satisfyingly, I am still able to catch the majority of those cars in the braking zones and the areas where it gets a bit twisty. I also figured that roughly 5 years worth of track days were probably enough for this car. I am starting to save up for the next sports car that will definitely be in a different league in terms of performance. I really thought I was going to get an ATS-V sedan 6 spd, but they are impossible to find loaded. So now I am patiently waiting to see what some of the new sports cars are like. New versions of the Nissan Z, BMW M3, Audi RS3, Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, and Subaru STI all top the list of cars I am waiting to be released.

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I thought of that one too but it's 1 too many letters. I think the limit is 7 in WI.
Yes 7 character limit in WI. Which reminds me, I need to decide if I can think of a better plate idea or if I am just going to keep this one.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

STKNHND

Seriously.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:25 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Why did you post 20+ pics instead of just one? It's hard to believe that people don't know this and this is a car forum.
+ infinity (pun intended)

Now we all have to scroll through that until the next page. So........

I decided late last year when I realized I got everything out of this car in terms of lap times that I could and more modern machinery with significantly more power pulls away from me at Road America with the long straights. Satisfyingly, I am still able to catch the majority of those cars in the braking zones and the areas where it gets a bit twisty. I also figured that roughly 5 years worth of track days were probably enough for this car. I am starting to save up for the next sports car that will definitely be in a different league in terms of performance. I really thought I was going to get an ATS-V sedan 6 spd, but they are impossible to find loaded. So now I am patiently waiting to see what some of the new sports cars are like. New versions of the Nissan Z, BMW M3, Audi RS3, Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, and Subaru STI all top the list of cars I am waiting to be released.
Good point, and certainly makes sense. With the transition to forced induction, it's just so much easier--and cheaper--to add more power compared to a NA platform. I'm waiting for the next car too, only 2.5 years till a second car for me, or maybe the CT4-V, M3 or STI will make me reconsider
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (06-11-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
What about 6MT V36?
Old 06-11-2020, 08:39 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
STKNHND

Seriously.
What is with your suggestions lately?

Originally Posted by Epiphany
What about 6MT V36?
It's definitely accurate since it is stating facts. The SV D MNLS plate I have now is trying for a greater cause to Save the Manuals, but I fear that most people do not understand it. Then again, the car people that it is for probably understand it. Maybe I will just keep it. My front runner for a different plate is SV A 6SPD, but that doesn't really do it for me either. Maybe GOT 6SPD? Hmmm...
Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
Despite the lack of editing for the misinformed post way above, I did actually like the recap of your car's progress LOL.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by rotarymike
Despite the lack of editing for the misinformed post way above, I did actually like the recap of your car's progress LOL.
I was thinking that, too.

And I was genuinely serious about STKNHND. I think that's an awesome tag name. If some stranger wants to turn that into a slur, whatever, that's their problem for lack of humor. Honestly, all I see is stick-in-hand, because you have a proper manual transmission. I mean, if I had thought of this earlier, it might have been a contender for me a couple years ago.

Granted, this was an actual suggestion right on the heels of poking fun.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-12-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:32 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I had a different idea for a license plate. What about something car related in Japanese since it is a Japanese car?

Agile

Fast

Fun

Impressive/Cool (actual Japanese car slang- the rest are just literal translations)

The problem I am running into is that Japanese words seem to be significantly longer than English words and we only get 7 letters on our plates here in WI.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:45 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
For a while I seriously considered giving up my vet plate for “Habu”.

Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan