Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 08:25 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Well, lets stop talking about how hurt my feelings are over being underappreciated on an extremely high quality joke, and get back to 4drZ's car.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:45 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Hugh, speaking of my car it is with a heavy heart that I wanted to inform all of you who have been following this build thread over the years that it is finally for sale. This has been such a great car that is so fun to drive every day, sounds amazing, is surprisingly practical, and is also an absolute riot on the track. But next week I will be onto my next project. I will try to get up a detailed for sale post soon. This car has over $20,000 in nice clean mods done the right way (no shortcuts). However, I am not looking to get rich. I just want a fair price for a car that has taken hundreds of hours to create. If you are interested or know someone who is, please reach out to me. Thanks for all the input and sage advice over the years. This car has been a fun journey. Now I want to share it with a very lucky one of you.

The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (02-20-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 05:48 PM
Hugh Jorgens
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
This car has been a fun journey.
Uhh...I'm new here and everything...but...I'm pretty sure that's a Sport, chief.

Jk jk.

Great build and beatiful looking car. I'm sure it will tickle the new owner's pickle/pickelette.

Good luck with the sale and good luck with whatever is next.
4DRZ (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 08:23 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Wow, it took me forever to list all the mods, but here is the link to the for sale post: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...pd-manual.html
Old 02-18-2021, 09:41 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Wow, it took me forever to list all the mods, but here is the link to the for sale post: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...pd-manual.html
It hurts, doesn't it? I certainly miss my 6MT G, and it'd definitely a car to look back with fondness on.

Congrats on finding the next car that keeps your passion alive. While I'm probably not alone in being surprised by the direction you chose, I'm sure your next build will be another epic journey. Keep us posted. And if nothing else, stick around to troll Rochester
The following 2 users liked this post by Lego_Maniac:
2.2Lude (02-18-2021), TheDevilsG (03-24-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 09:57 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
It hurts, doesn't it? I certainly miss my 6MT G, and it'd definitely a car to look back with fondness on.

Congrats on finding the next car that keeps your passion alive. While I'm probably not alone in being surprised by the direction you chose, I'm sure your next build will be another epic journey. Keep us posted. And if nothing else, stick around to troll Rochester
Yes, I certainly have been dragging my feet to sell the G. The last couple days of driving it to and from work made me ask myself if I really need to sell it. The answer is no, I really don't. It is such a fun car. If you are still missing your G, you can always buy mine. I don't think anyone wasn't surprised by the new whip- most of all myself. I doubt the mods on that one will be quite as interesting on these forums, but it will still be a lot of fun for me. I guess someone has to keep an eye on Rochester. He's such a troublemaker that they made him a moderator.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:14 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
If you are still missing your G, you can always buy mine

While tempting, I have more financial cards that need to fall into place in the next year or two before I can justify splurging on a 3rd car. There is no way I'm getting a second manual car my wife can't drive before she gets a master bathroom remodel lol

Anyone in the market for a clean 6mt sedan would be foolish to not jump on your car at your asking price.

I guess someone has to keep an eye on Rochester. He's such a troublemaker that they made him a moderator.
Admins were desperate.

4DRZ (02-18-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 10:37 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Yes, I certainly have been dragging my feet to sell the G. The last couple days of driving it to and from work made me ask myself if I really need to sell it. The answer is no, I really don't. It is such a fun car. If you are still missing your G, you can always buy mine. I don't think anyone wasn't surprised by the new whip- most of all myself. I doubt the mods on that one will be quite as interesting on these forums, but it will still be a lot of fun for me. I guess someone has to keep an eye on Rochester. He's such a troublemaker that they made him a moderator.
I mean you bought a Jeep. That's like one of the manufacturers with the most aftermarket support out there. It's no wrangler, but I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of fun stuff to do to it.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Admins were desperate.
You know, 4DRZ was almost a mod too, a few times over the years. But by the time we actually pulled out the captain's chair, he was ready to move on. Bummer.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:10 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Today I added some more current videos of the car showing most of the mods and also one driving the car. Check it out below. If you have been following this build over the years, you now have the unique opportunity to become the next owner. Take a closer look here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g-s-fs/...pd-manual.html

Last edited by 4DRZ; 03-03-2021 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Tonight I decided to remove the grille on the car to have the carbon wrap redone so that there was nothing left that needed any attention on the car for the next owner. I forgot how much of a pain it is to get this off of the car, especially with cold air intakes in the way. It will look a lot better soon.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:43 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

In case you were wondering where the for sale post went from this site, carsandbids made me take it down and it just went live on their site: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rk2...7s-sedan?c=all

I just got back the grille with its new 3M carbon wrap since I did not want there to be anything wrong with the car for the next buyer. What an improvement. I should have used this wrap in the first place.

Lego_Maniac (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 03:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
I know the owner, I know the car. I am a little mad he didn't tell me it was for sale. Even though we're fighting right now I truly believe this car was well taken care of.
Oh man, that's funny right there. Friends and frenimies.

That comment from DeMuro... is that something he just does, or something you buy?

Your rewrapped grille looks positively perfect. More like a factory option and less like a mod.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:18 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Oh man, that's funny right there. Friends and frenimies.

That comment from DeMuro... is that something he just does, or something you buy?

Your rewrapped grille looks positively perfect. More like a factory option and less like a mod.
Dakota is a good friend of mine. I was told that Doug only comments on special cars and before my car listed I only found one with a review for him so I thought, "Wow, he likes my car." Then 10 minutes later a stock M3 came on the same site and had a comment from Doug. Even though my car runs circles around a stock M3 his bid is already higher than I would sell my car for. So much for feeling special.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:30 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
How do you go about getting your car an Instagram post through Cars and Bids for your car? Might be some good publicity for it.
4DRZ (03-19-2021)

Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan