Build Threads

The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:11 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
I have the same tilt, I noticed it got better after proper and equal air pressure.
I suspect it's due to wear, you should check wear height, one of your tires might have worn more than the other and it's a slight bit "smaller" in height.
Tire depth gauge will determine.
That's what I thought too, but tread depth and tire pressure are identical on both sides. Weird huh?
Old 11-26-2020, 12:26 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Ok I need your guys' suggestions. I was thinking of picking up a new set of slotted Z1 rounds for my 2pc. front rotors if they had a good black Friday sale. Those are not on sale at all, but a full set of new front and rear rotors has $150 off right now. Not a bad deal, but I am not sure how much longer I will keep this car. Probably at least another year or two until I get a chance to try the new STI, Z, and CT4-V Blackwing to see what the next car will be. If I got a new Z I would definitely keep the G for a daily driver and I might do the same if I went with an M2. Decisions, decisions... Any ideas?

Old 12-01-2020, 02:30 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Even though the Z1 Cyber Monday sale was supposed to end at 12am EST, I snuck onto their website this morning before they opened and switched it over to save 6% off a replacement set of front rotor rounds to replace the ones I have. I went with sprinkle slotted this time in case I ever decide to do the rears since it does not look like they still offer the normal slotted rotors in the rear. I thought about getting a full set, but my front aluminum hats are still good and at this point it would be 99% cosmetic in the rear. Maybe I'll get the rear rotors next Black Friday if I still have the car...

Old 12-01-2020, 02:55 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 479 Likes on 401 Posts
I got in there last minute too.

Old 12-01-2020, 04:09 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rotarymike
I got in there last minute too.

Nice, but it couldn't have been too late if you already have the rotors. Did you just do fronts as well?
Old 12-01-2020, 04:56 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Just fronts and lines. Normal slotted rotors for the rear seem to be the best bang-for-buck, and those weren't on sale so I held off. I ordered Friday around 11PM and got them yesterday. Z1 is really on the ball right now (helps of course that they're shipping from ATL to CHS - only about 4 hours away).
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (12-01-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 08:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

My Z1 Motorsports sprinkle slot front 2pc. rotor rebuild kit arrived! I wanted to try to wait until Spring to install these, but something tells me that the warm weather we have had lately may speed up my time table.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:04 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

A little over a month ago I had my car in the shop to get new valve cover gaskets. After they were done I noticed my passenger fender had dirt and grease all over it and a few new scratches thanks to my technician's belt buckle while leaning over the car. He was very apologetic and they agreed to fix it. The next day I had one of my detailers work on the scratches. He got them almost completely out until we noticed he burned through the metallic pearl clearcoat.

Today my body shop finally got back to me to set up next Mon & Tue. to respray the clearcoat. So I am glad they are finally taking care of the problem and repairing a few minor chips, but the lesson to be learned is do not ever work at a dealership if you want good service. I asked them 5 times to fix it over the course of a month. Frustrating to say the least.

It is difficult to capture the metallic finish in a photo, but imagine your sparkly shiny paint next to a section that is flat white and you get the idea.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
The kind of thing you can't unsee once you see it. Felt that way for years about a couple of shallow dings. Good for you getting that fixed.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:53 PM
jdog78
Registered Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
That would drive me crazy lol. My G is dent / flaw free (repaired several times) and I try to keep it that way on paint that's 9 years old now...
Old 12-15-2020, 06:34 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
So I am glad they are finally taking care of the problem and repairing a few minor chips, but the lesson to be learned is do not ever work at a dealership if you want good service. I asked them 5 times to fix it over the course of a month. Frustrating to say the least.
Do you think they would have been better about repairing a customers car?
Old 12-15-2020, 09:49 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

My RX8 was pearl white (gorgeous, btw) and it was a huge hurdle to find a body shop that could match it. Mazda shop repainted a door Dover White (IE plain gloss white) and I stood there looking at them in disbelief when they tried to hand the car back. Same with Fender Mender and whatever shop Safelite used. I finally found a shop in the boonies that could simply work magic with that color. I asked him what the secret was and he said he just did lots of coke until he got it right. Never knew if he was joking or not.

For some reason a bright pearl white car was a target for folks looking to run into parked cars. And safelite gouged the heck out of the rear quarters replacing my rear window.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:17 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Do you think they would have been better about repairing a customers car?
Absolutely, but I am a customer too which is why it is so frustrating. Because I am also an employee, anytime I need any service at all it gets rescheduled multiple times in an effort to make our guests happy who try to sneak in for an unscheduled appointment or a job runs long. If you wait more than a day to return a guests call it is bad. If it is for an employee you can be contacted on a regular basis for over a month and still do nothing.

Originally Posted by rotarymike
My RX8 was pearl white (gorgeous, btw) and it was a huge hurdle to find a body shop that could match it. Mazda shop repainted a door Dover White (IE plain gloss white) and I stood there looking at them in disbelief when they tried to hand the car back. Same with Fender Mender and whatever shop Safelite used. I finally found a shop in the boonies that could simply work magic with that color. I asked him what the secret was and he said he just did lots of coke until he got it right. Never knew if he was joking or not.

For some reason a bright pearl white car was a target for folks looking to run into parked cars. And safelite gouged the heck out of the rear quarters replacing my rear window.
That sucks about the paint match. My body shop is the newest and largest in the state with very experienced guys. However, that usually means they want to repaint most of your car for one scratch so everything looks perfect. Their repair will probably be overkill, but I will make sure it is done right.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:50 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Well, today is the big day that I took my car to get the front fender re-clear coated. Hopefully the body shop does better work than my service department. The service department cannot seem to touch my car without breaking something. This is why I do the majority of the work myself.

In this light you can see the line at the top where the clearcoat abruptly ends.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
The service department cannot seem to touch my car without breaking something.
LOL. You got to laugh at that for sanity sake, even though it's not really funny.

Quick Reply: The "4 door Z" build (4DRZ)- 13 G37S 6spd sedan