Build Threads

G37 Genova Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 AM
G37Genova

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So an update for everyone the headers and cats are now in and it sounds amazing! I've been driving around the past two days with them and already been asked by two people if I had a V8 swap and one person asked if i had "Nos"he wasn't the smartest judging by his riced out ford focus but i digress. so the cats do hiss ive heard it twice now so its rare but it does happen and there is zero rasp. (Ill post videos later) So in terms of performance adding headers and cats sorta feel like the car isn't being held back anymore its almost like before the headers and cats there was a big hand contently hold my car back a little and now it feels like the car is free. Its sorta like if you were to were leg weights and walk around for a day then the next day you didn't ware them that's the best way to explain it. Also the headers and cats defiantly make a HUGE difference in the top end I feel like before the G would drop on its face once it got close to 6k rpm now it'll keep pulling. Overall I'm very happy with everything although the header installation was a nightmare 3 bolts broke in the head, both o2 sensors where frozen, and to top it all off it didn't fit past the drivers side motor mount! Luckily my mechanic isn't really a ordinary mechanic he was a car builder in Indiana that did Rb swaps on Silvias and Gs so he took a half inch off the side of the motor mount hitting the header and smoothed it out and added extra support to the back of the mount. -1 for Z1 saying there's not fitment issues.
The following 3 users liked this post by G37Genova:
blnewt (05-04-2015), Redfire32 (09-11-2015), Upscale Speed (12-09-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 PM
G37Genova

Old 05-05-2015, 04:09 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
So these HFCs are for the DE or HR? Because Z1 claims that their headers will only fit with DE HFCs or test pipes. Also, you have an X which might explain the fitment issues I suppose.

It really does not sound that loud, but it looks like you need a deadcat to fix that wind noise in recording.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:11 PM
G37Genova

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
So these HFCs are for the DE or HR? Because Z1 claims that their headers will only fit with DE HFCs or test pipes. Also, you have an X which might explain the fitment issues I suppose.

It really does not sound that loud, but it looks like you need a deadcat to fix that wind noise in recording.
Ya the fact I have an X might be why it didn't fit but never the less its a bitch to get the old headers out and theirs a good chance the o2 sensors will be frozen in the old headers.

ITS LOUD. My Go pro usually has great sound and with just the ARK and Stillen gen 3's it sounded perfect and didn't over power the mic now as you can hear it over powers the microphone big time.

You could defiantly get your FI rhfc's to fit the headers for cheap I just went with Z1's because it was $370 for the pair and they have great reviews, I cant complain about them at all for the money they're perfect

all in all there is way less back pressure in the exhaust now at low rpm it feels like a little less torque then from 3k-redline it way more than makes up for it.

Drone isnt too bad but im used to loud nosies and younger than many of the people on this forum but even my dad whos 49 said it was that bad in the car
Old 05-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Genova
That is loud. Really, really loud. Although you gotta respect someone chasing power mods over wheels and drop.

You do realize we can see you in the rear-view mirror picking your nose, right?

...but even my dad whos 49
Old 05-06-2015, 06:23 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

ITS LOUD. My Go pro usually has great sound and with just the ARK and Stillen gen 3's it sounded perfect and didn't over power the mic now as you can hear it over powers the microphone big time.
I thought it was just the camera picking up windnoise and that thing that kept hitting the GoPro. So then it really is loud :/

Have you gotten tuned yet?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:57 PM
G37Genova

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
I thought it was just the camera picking up windnoise and that thing that kept hitting the GoPro. So then it really is loud :/

Have you gotten tuned yet?
Not yet probably in a month im poor
Old 05-07-2015, 10:59 PM
G37Genova

Originally Posted by Rochester
That is loud. Really, really loud. Although you gotta respect someone chasing power mods over wheels and drop.

You do realize we can see you in the rear-view mirror picking your nose, right?

Ya but it was itchy

Ya im all about performance I liked having a sleeper but now itsso loud its hard to hide.

The hotchkis Front and rear sway bars alone with the crusco front strut bar make a huge difference in handling but i defiantly need springs/coils
Old 05-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
No, not a sleeper anymore. That'll wake the whole neighborhood.

Since you're all about performance over looks... are lightweight wheels and 3-season tires on your list? Before or after your suspension plans?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 PM
G37X NYC
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car sounds great IMO
Old 05-08-2015, 12:11 AM
G37Genova

Originally Posted by G37X NYC
Car sounds great IMO
Thank you!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 AM
G37Genova

Originally Posted by Rochester
No, not a sleeper anymore. That'll wake the whole neighborhood.

Since you're all about performance over looks... are lightweight wheels and 3-season tires on your list? Before or after your suspension plans?
probably after. I live in Massachusetts to I have all season Continentals on right now there on 10k miles on them still lot of tread left. Im still making payments on the car so my finances arent as much as id like obviously. My next mod is a tune then brakes mine are about to go so gotta get it done then probably camber arms struts springs/coils all that stuff then light rims with summer tires. My last day of college was actually today so hopefully I get a real job and dont go bankrupt hahaha
Old 05-19-2015, 06:01 AM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
In terms of performance wise, Swap your z1 HFC for z1 TPs and trade your Ark for stillen catback !! You'll thank me for that!

Ark kills your motors in low-mid range .. Especially Sedan guys!

Happy motoring
Old 05-19-2015, 07:11 AM
NickyP

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Why do you suggest Stillen over a tanabe or motordyne or any other catback?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:30 PM
G37Genova

NO WAY! The ARKs sound and look is 10/10 for me Id never change that unless I went the Fast Intentions route but even then I probably wouldn't change. As for Z1 test pipes I would have got them over the HFC but i live in mass so even with HFC its gonna be a pita to get a sticker, with test pipes theyd probably throw me in jail and lose the key. Theyre wicked strict and get butt hurt over car mods here

Quick Reply: G37 Genova Build Thread