Build Threads

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 02:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I'm still feeling a little like we just got dumped.
Me too Especially since we must have had about 30+ PMs back and forth going over many details. But that said, OPs a good guy that just had a temporary glitch on his way to what he really wanted, thanks for sharing your glitch w/ us Carl
The following users liked this post:
IntricateDetail (06-09-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Me too Especially since we must have had about 30+ PMs back and forth going over many details. But that said, OPs a good guy that just had a temporary glitch on his way to what he really wanted, thanks for sharing your glitch w/ us Carl
We need a rebound noob. We can call him Squishy, and he shall be ours and he shall be our Squishy
Old 05-22-2015, 02:54 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
This guy is obviously experienced. However, I'm not going for the Z06. Ifffffff my magical dream becomes reality in a few months...it would be the Grand Sport. And it would be a C6 as well. You have to remember I'm going from am Mazda6, to an AWD G37, to a RWD sports car. I think I might want to ease myself into it before I go full blown crazy town lol.
Lol, yeah, I've been around the block. I also took an upstream approach in terms of horsepower but then went back down so it goes in phases. The Grand Sport is awesome as it has the z06 looks with not too much of a downgrade in performance. The one thing that will drive you nuts though is the cobalt steering wheel and pretty dated interior. However, the vette makes up for those areas in its performance/looks so enjoy that beast when you get it.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Lol, yeah, I've been around the block. I also took an upstream approach in terms of horsepower but then went back down so it goes in phases. The Grand Sport is awesome as it has the z06 looks with not too much of a downgrade in performance. The one thing that will drive you nuts though is the cobalt steering wheel and pretty dated interior. However, the vette makes up for those areas in its performance/looks so enjoy that beast when you get it.
I actually like the look of the C6 over the C7, that C7 just looks like it came from a Star Wars set, C6 looks just right IMO.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:43 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Ok what just happened here
Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Yea sorry about that Brad. I did waste a lot of your time, just to part out and call it a day. Honestly, I wish someone had told me to grow a pair back when I was looking..."Just get your stupid Corvette and a DD Carl! Just do it!" haha. Oh well.

We need a rebound noob. We can call him Squishy, and he shall be ours and he shall be our Squishy
Yea, I'm thinking I might be able to get you a guy. No promises though. But he'll probably part out after 3 months, instead of 5 like me. Lol

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Nice man. Yea, I agree the Grand Sport has just the right amount of handling mods, without all the added power, but still very quick and easy to mod if I want to go that route. Only, instead of needing brakes, wheels/tires, sways, springs, etc....I'll just need performance mods. Of course, I'm not trying to even think that far ahead right now haha.

I actually like the look of the C6 over the C7, that C7 just looks like it came from a Star Wars set, C6 looks just right IMO.
I agree Brad. The C6 IMO...best out there.

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Ok what just happened here
Yea, I'm still confused as well. Sorry man!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Ok people, here is the deal. I am going to start parting the car out next week. I will start putting up FS ads on the marketplace, as well as my FB page (which obviously only helps you if we're friends on FB) I'll list things below that are sold or that are pending...yes...things are already selling before I have even pulled them off the car. If the sell falls through once the parts are off, I will update the list. As I list things FS, I will put the prices below, with the link to the FS ad.

Wheels/Tires - Sold (tentative)
FI RHFC/CBE - 3 interested parties (waiting on firm ship date from FI, etc)
Akebono BBK w/ StopTech Rotors,Pads,SS Lines - Available (price to be determined)
Hotchkis Sways - Available
Tanabe Springs - Sold (tentative)
Cusco Strut Bar - Available
Takeda Long Tube CAI - Available
Old 05-25-2015, 10:27 AM
NickyP

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
How much for the Takeda? you can PM me.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Carl, you may be able to have the FI shipped directly to the new buyer, might contact them to be sure, but IIRC it's been done before (in case you didn't know).
GLWS, but still owe some pics
Old 05-25-2015, 12:12 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
I pm'ed about the sway bars and strut bar
Old 05-25-2015, 12:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Carl, you may be able to have the FI shipped directly to the new buyer, might contact them to be sure, but IIRC it's been done before (in case you didn't know)
I just assumed that's what he was doing. In fact, he should be able to get the full cost reimbursed from a new buyer who wouldn't mind getting ahead of the long schedule by a number weeks.

For that matter, just ask 1CleanG if you bought through him, or FI if you bought direct, to shift the order to the next buyer from the forum, then paypal between each other for the down-payment(s). A little bit of effort and you should be able to clean up this transaction with zero end-cost, a minor bit of effort and emails.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
blnewt (05-26-2015), jroyalty7 (05-25-2015)
Old 05-26-2015, 10:13 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Sorry guys, been deep under water in work and home stuff haha. Trying to get my house ready to sell and finding the perfect new house is proving annoying when someone keeps putting in offers right before you are able to. I am working a few things with the car right now and if those don't pan out, we'll go from there. As for the FI piece, yea I am talking behind the scenes about that very thing. Shouldn't be too difficult.

NickyP...I am not sure just yet because I have a few people interested. I will PM you if it falls through.

Redfire, I PM'd you.

Thanks all...sorry I don't have more time.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:24 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Well, the exhaust is gone. Thanks J for a seamless transaction. Amazing guy, happy for him and can't wait to read about how he likes the RHFC's mated with the resonated CBE.

Now, on to the part out. This is happening Saturday guys, so stay tuned for parts. Looks like wheels/tires are gone, but the brakes haven't been claimed yet. I will pop them up on the classifieds section as soon as I get them off and cleaned up. Less than 3k on these puppies...and they are awesome. Stay tuned for that.

Car is getting brand new all season tires put on this Sunday as well...so when I re-list after the part-out, she will be ready to go!

Found a few '08-'10 Honda Accord EX-L's for really good prices, so I'll probably get that as a dd until my dream turns into reality...so probably will pick one up in the next few weeks...I know you guys care so much.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:50 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Hey all, things are going quick!

Wheels/Tires - Sold (tentative)
FI RHFC/CBE - Sold
Akebono BBK w/ StopTech SS Lines - For Sale in classifieds section
StopTech Rotors and Pads - Sold
Hotchkis Sways - Sold
Tanabe Springs - Sold
Cusco Strut Bar - Sold
Takeda Long Tube CAI - Sold
SPC Rear Camber Arms / Toe Bolts - For Sale in Classifieds
Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

For that matter, just ask 1CleanG if you bought through him, or FI if you bought direct, to shift the order to the next buyer from the forum, then paypal between each other for the down-payment(s). A little bit of effort and you should be able to clean up this transaction with zero end-cost, a minor bit of effort and emails.
This is pretty much exactly what happened, so for anyone doing this in the future, I would recommend it. Lance (1CleanG) was very chill and swapped everything over after confirming with the buyer and I. It was a simple transaction, and I was able to wash my hands of it without having to worry about whether the buyer was going to be taken care of. All the warranty info is now in his name so any issues he has (I hope none) will work as he is the original owner. And he only had to wait a couple of weeks instead of 4-5 months haha. Winning right there!

Quick Reply: Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey