Build Threads

My Mod + Dyno Log

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:31 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PongSanity
Do try to get a before and after sound clip of the OEM exhaust vs the ARK exhaust. I'm more interested in the OEM exhaust with the RHFC.
It was already installed early in the morning. Sorry :|

Installation was done at a shop. Pretty easy with no fitment issues. Took less than an hour. Sound is amazing and can definetely feel more low end torque. Cant wait to dyno it. Lots of thanks to Ciocca Performance for the exhaust + shipping at a great price.

Pics of exhaust:

Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Fixed your broken image links for you, Alfredo.

My Mod + Dyno Log-8dyrrww.jpg

My Mod + Dyno Log-h8ylng8.jpg

My Mod + Dyno Log-leso7ab.jpg

My Mod + Dyno Log-kt5zfkq.jpg
Old 02-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So on the ARK, the piping after the cats go directly into an X-pipe? I didn't know that. And then two resonators immediately following. What are they? Looks like 18". That's nice, man. Really nice. Damnnnnnnn.

Tips are way too large for my taste, and I strongly dislike the burnt Ti look. Plus, the tips are recessed about 1" too far too back. Meh... nitpicking an otherwise awesome setup.

Video & sound, please, Alfredo. Come one, man.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 PM
DM-37

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
It'll likely be around the same or more. It's worth mentioning that your exhaust will be (for many people) uncomfortably loud, and your exhaust will reek.
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Theoretically, it would be more since a test pipe is less restricted than a resonated cat but your gains would be more or less the same.
Thanks for your help guys. I'm coming from an S2000 and test pipes were pretty much the best bang for buck mod (as far as N/A mods go). Will the exhaust really be that much louder though? I've tried searching up stock exhaust + test pipe videos on YouTube and I've only seen a handful of videos and none of them seem to be that much louder than stock. I did however notice a slight bit of rasp in most, if not all of the videos. As far as the smell goes, I don't believe I'll mind it too much. I usually ride around with the windows half way down anyways. I'm trying to find the most efficient mods for this platform as far as bolt-ons go. I'm sure 300whp is achievable with simple bolt-ons.

Originally Posted by Rochester

Plus, the tips are recessed about 1" too far too back. Meh... nitpicking an otherwise awesome setup.

Video & sound, please, Alfredo. Come one, man.
I'm with Rochester as far as the exhaust tips go. Is there anyway you could ask your shop to extend them a little bit? I don't think adding a little bit of piping would effect it too much. The diffuser's beautiful, but it's almost as if it's hiding the exhaust with how it sits right now.

On a more positive note, the quality of that exhaust looks awesome man! Really nice set-up! I'm looking forward to some videos of it soon!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM
alfredo24pr

Fixed your broken image links for you, Alfredo.
Thanks. I posted from cellphone. No wifi for my laptop atm

So on the ARK, the piping after the cats go directly into an X-pipe? I didn't know that. And then two resonators immediately following. What are they? Looks like 18". That's nice, man. Really nice. Damnnnnnnn. Tips are way too large for my taste, and I strongly dislike the burnt Ti look. Plus, the tips are recessed about 1" too far too back. Meh... nitpicking an otherwise awesome setup. Video & sound, please, Alfredo. Come one, man.
Not sure about resonator size. As for the tips 1" back I dont really mind, haven't really noticed until you pointed it out.

I will get the video of sound lol
Old 02-20-2014, 06:44 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by DM-37
Thanks for your help guys. I'm coming from an S2000 and test pipes were pretty much the best bang for buck mod (as far as N/A mods go). Will the exhaust really be that much louder though? I've tried searching up stock exhaust + test pipe videos on YouTube and I've only seen a handful of videos and none of them seem to be that much louder than stock. I did however notice a slight bit of rasp in most, if not all of the videos. As far as the smell goes, I don't believe I'll mind it too much. I usually ride around with the windows half way down anyways. I'm trying to find the most efficient mods for this platform as far as bolt-ons go. I'm sure 300whp is achievable with simple bolt-ons. I'm with Rochester as far as the exhaust tips go. Is there anyway you could ask your shop to extend them a little bit? I don't think adding a little bit of piping would effect it too much. The diffuser's beautiful, but it's almost as if it's hiding the exhaust with how it sits right now. On a more positive note, the quality of that exhaust looks awesome man! Really nice set-up! I'm looking forward to some videos of it soon!
Test pipe alone wont be that much louder but with exhaust maybe a bit depending on the exhaust.

Hoping for close to 300whp with this exhaust, but it really depends on the dyno.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

...haven't really noticed until you pointed it out.
Oops. Sorry about that. It's like a bad habit.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM
alfredo24pr

Oops. Sorry about that. It's like a bad habit.
Lol no worries. I appreciate constructive criticism. Still not minding that exhaust "gap".

As for the tips, here is a mediocre pic comparing oem to the ark's tip.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 AM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by PongSanity
Do try to get a before and after sound clip of the OEM exhaust vs the ARK exhaust. I'm more interested in the OEM exhaust with the RHFC.
Found an old video of acceleration with windows up. Stillen gen 3 and FI RHFC in that video.

Did not upload before because its not the best video but its something.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:21 AM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Alfredo, do you have any exterior RHFC vids with the stock exhaust?

Trying to get a feel for the rasp reduction and overall volume. Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 AM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by rm2342
Alfredo, do you have any exterior RHFC vids with the stock exhaust? Trying to get a feel for the rasp reduction and overall volume. Thanks
The other remaining video is a cold start in an underground parking. Volume is very low and never experienced rasp even now with the ark catback.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:11 PM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Thanks man.. I assume you don't have an exterior vid with revs or drive off?

Glad you like the full set up by the way.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:31 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by rm2342
Thanks man.. I assume you don't have an exterior vid with revs or drive off? Glad you like the full set up by the way.
No sorry. I posted all I had of the RHFC with oem catback.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:40 PM
luxuryimports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Why engine bay so dirtay!?
Stillen air intakes look clean .. lol
Old 02-23-2014, 10:35 PM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lol no worries. I appreciate constructive criticism. Still not minding that exhaust "gap".

As for the tips, here is a mediocre pic comparing oem to the ark's tip.

Yeah! Se ve de show! Dyno dyno!

How much did you have to wait for your FI RHFC after you placed your order?

Quick Reply: My Mod + Dyno Log