Build Threads

My Mod + Dyno Log

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Nope. Don't like it, alfredo. Too shiny, too ill-fitted to the lines in the bumper. Yes! That's the cat-back I've been leaning towards. Very interested in how that goes for you. What's the schedule... you doing it this year?
About the diffuser:
Maybe a little of both, but I still like the CF look.

About the catback:
of course its this year! Lol. Im trying to sell some old parts so I can use the money for the ARK.

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
Would look better with a blacked out chrome piece.
Didnt really understand this. What chrome piece?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 752 Likes on 356 Posts
The chrome deck lid piece on your trunk
Old 01-17-2014, 10:46 PM
alfredo24pr

The chrome deck lid piece on your trunk
Ohh. I dont like chrome but that piece looks pretty good at least for now. I will focus on the cosmetic part after my performance mods are done.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Would look better with a blacked out chrome piece.
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Ohh. I dont like chrome but that piece looks pretty good at least for now. I will focus on the cosmetic part after my performance mods are done.
That piece of trim sure gets a lot of attention on this forum. Personally, I think it looks good on a Moonlight White Sedan exactly as it is in OEM chrome. On darker cars, there's a good argument for going gun-metal, gloss black, or (preferably) matched to the body-color. But on Moonlight White... I like it.

Of course, I like the OEM duckbill spoiler better, and if it weren't already installed on my car then I would have bought it. Not sure how I would have prioritized that purchase... somewhere near the top of the list, I suspect.

Alfredo, for perspective, I also have a Moonlight White G37S Sedan. Although my G37S badge has been relocated.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-18-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:51 PM
alfredo24pr

That piece of trim sure gets a lot of attention on this forum. Personally, I think it looks good on a Moonlight White Sedan exactly as it is in OEM chrome. On darker cars, there's a good argument for going gun-metal, gloss black, or (preferably) matched to the body-color. But on Moonlight White... I like it.

Of course, I like the OEM duckbill spoiler better, and if it weren't already installed on my car then I would have bought it. Not sure how I would have prioritized that purchase... somewhere near the top of the list, I suspect.

Alfredo, for perspective, I also have a Moonlight White G37S Sedan. Although my G37S badge has been relocated.
missed this post.
I also like my moonlight white sedan back side as OEM, duckbill spoiler looks good but its not something I really care to buy, so Im indifferent to this mod.

so I managed to sell some old turbo parts on ebay and Im really close to having enough for the exhaust.

Im kind of stuck between FI and ARK. I know most people would choose the FI for more power and quality, but its more expensive so I would have to wait longer to get the money and then for the build to be complete.

As for the ARK, I like those techno tips, its quiet and a bit less expensive plus no build time.

Also forgot Valentine's day is coming up, so that exhaust would be on hold until afterwards
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

You have an exhaust in shipment, don't you, Alfredo? Details... plans... dyno?

Should probably ask Newt to move this to the Build Threads forum. It certainly qualifies more than most.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
alfredo24pr

You have an exhaust in shipment, don't you, Alfredo? Details... plans... dyno?

Should probably ask Newt to move this to the Build Threads forum. It certainly qualifies more than most.
Details:

Scheduled delivery: Wednesday 02/19/2014 (yes, today )

Plans: Install tomorrow assuming it arrives today.

Dyno: 2 weeks after install? Is there really an exhaust break in period?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Details:

Scheduled delivery: Wednesday 02/19/2014 (yes, today )

Plans: Install tomorrow assuming it arrives today.

Dyno: 2 weeks after install? Is there really an exhaust break in period?
There is an exhaust break in period, but it'll take way more than 2 weeks. I think the "break" in period is more for the sound output to settle rather than any performance problems. I think you're good to dyno as soon as you install it.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I think the "break" in period is more for the sound output to settle rather than any performance problems. I think you're good to dyno as soon as you install it.
That's my understanding as well. The inner surface of the pipes and mufflers will get a carbon film on them that can alter the tone in a way that's less tinny than otherwise.

Installation the day after, eh? Boy, you are eager. Given the unique design of that ARK catback, I don't blame you one bit.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
alfredo24pr

There is an exhaust break in period, but it'll take way more than 2 weeks. I think the "break" in period is more for the sound output to settle rather than any performance problems. I think you're good to dyno as soon as you install it.
Thats good to hear. I will dyno it ASAP then. Lets see how the install goes.

That's my understanding as well. The inner surface of the pipes and mufflers will get a carbon film on them that can alter the tone in a way that's less tinny than otherwise. Installation the day after, eh? Boy, you are eager. Given the unique design of that ARK catback, I don't blame you one bit.
Yep. Very eager. Also, this is the first catback I have purchased for a car of mine, so maybe that explains my eagerness.

Cant wait to hear how good it sounds!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:13 PM
DM-37

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Alfredo, this is an awesome and insightful thread for a new 7AT owner like myself. I do have one question though; I see that you made pretty good gains via the RHFC, I'm planning on doing Test Pipes. My question is, will I see roughly the same gain in WHP/WTQ with the test pipes or will it be less in comparison to your RHFCs?
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by DM-37
Alfredo, this is an awesome and insightful thread for a new 7AT owner like myself. I do have one question though; I see that you made pretty good gains via the RHFC, I'm planning on doing Test Pipes. My question is, will I see roughly the same gain in WHP/WTQ with the test pipes or will it be less in comparison to your RHFCs?
It'll likely be around the same or more. It's worth mentioning that your exhaust will be (for many people) uncomfortably loud, and your exhaust will reek.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by DM-37
Theoretically, it would be more since a test pipe is less restricted than a resonated cat but your gains would be more or less the same.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:32 PM
alfredo24pr

Just opened up the box. Looks great.
Install tomorrow

My Mod + Dyno Log-lhjc7b8.jpg
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
Do try to get a before and after sound clip of the OEM exhaust vs the ARK exhaust. I'm more interested in the OEM exhaust with the RHFC.

Quick Reply: My Mod + Dyno Log