Build Threads

SunnyD's build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:21 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^^LMAO.

Looks good OP, although I might be a bit biased since I have a similar finish on my wheels
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Redpit
Rochester would find something wrong with world peace, haha.
You can't have peace without the contrast of discord.

Opinions are like cottonwood seeds.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sneakers
Looking to get the DWS too. Those circle things on the tire, them cosmetic? Also hows the noise level compared to OEM?

I like them wheels.
I'm pretty sure the're just cosmetic, but I have no idea honestly, and road noise is great. they're nice and quiet (unless im driving on the brick road on the way to school...but thats just a s***ty road to drive on for any tire)

thanks i quite like them myself

Originally Posted by Redpit
All that matters is that you like them. Personally I think they look great. Rochester would find something wrong with world peace, haha.
LMAO

Originally Posted by OB G
^^LMAO.

Looks good OP, although I might be a bit biased since I have a similar finish on my wheels
thanks! I just creeped on your photos. your advans are sickkkk
Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

My friend wanted to use my car as a prop for one of his shots. I think it turned out really cool.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
The D, W, and S will theoretically be gone when the tires are no longer suitable for dry, wet, and snow respectively. I had a set of DW's and the W was gone when the tires were getting close to toast letting me know they weren't safe for wet and the D disappeared when they were toast and not longer safe for dry roads.
The following 3 users liked this post by dkmesa350z:
Basikk_ (04-14-2013), blnewt (04-13-2013), SunnyD89 (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 11:15 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
The D, W, and S will theoretically be gone when the tires are no longer suitable for dry, wet, and snow respectively. I had a set of DW's and the W was gone when the tires were getting close to toast letting me know they weren't safe for wet and the D disappeared when they were toast and not longer safe for dry roads.
That's a nice feature, they should have a "T" at the wear bar so you'll know for sure when it's "Toast"
I guess you'll have to take the minivan in the rain when all you've got is the D showing
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
Oh wow that's really cool! I mean I thought just having writing in my tread was awesome, but it actually meaning something is legit! Fancyy
Old 04-21-2013, 10:28 AM
myg37s8u

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good and clean
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wheels look good ... keep up the good work!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 AM
g37flamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SunnyD89
My friend wanted to use my car as a prop for one of his shots. I think it turned out really cool.

likes this photo
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
AllReD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SunnyD

Can I ask where you got you wheels from I was put on to this thread after asking about them and their offset?

Car looks good btw.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AllReD
SunnyD

Can I ask where you got you wheels from I was put on to this thread after asking about them and their offset?

Car looks good btw.
Hey bud,

I went to the acealloy website and searched for their vendors. lucky for me, discount tire is actually one and so i went into a local one and asked them for a quote on the wheels and tires together. ended up getting the wheels for considerably below msrp which was awesome, and paid full price for the tires (which i was ok with after saving over 500 bucks on the wheels)

my wheels are 20x9 all around with a +35 offset on all the wheels and im sitting pretty damn flush (given im lowered on an eiback pk so that factors in quite a bit to the holy flushness) No body modifications to make them fit.

lemme know if you need anything else or want more pictures. im always down for whoring out pictures every chance i get
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hey bud,

I went to the acealloy website and searched for their vendors. lucky for me, discount tire is actually one and so i went into a local one and asked them for a quote on the wheels and tires together. ended up getting the wheels for considerably below msrp which was awesome, and paid full price for the tires (which i was ok with after saving over 500 bucks on the wheels)

my wheels are 20x9 all around with a +35 offset on all the wheels and im sitting pretty damn flush (given im lowered on an eiback pk so that factors in quite a bit to the holy flushness) No body modifications to make them fit.

lemme know if you need anything else or want more pictures. im always down for whoring out pictures every chance i get
Nice to see you posting Sunny it's been awhile, hope all is well w/ your G
I figured I might as well send him to the source as you know firsthand how it's working out. Post more pics when you can.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 AM
AllReD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey bud,

Thanks Sunny,

I'm not lowered and was looking at 19x8.5 +35 which retracts 6mm compared to yours. 6mm doesn't sound like much but how do you think it will affect the look?

I live in a really mountainous area so 20s look like they're gonna kill my acceleration and fuel eco.

This site has them ACE ALLOY WHEELS CONVEX 19 inch Rims Hyper Silver with Machined Wheels

for 1120.00 and about 1650 for a package any know if this site is reputable?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: SunnyD's build thread.