Build Threads

SunnyD's build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PM-Performance
If I recall correctly, ACE wheels are a lower end/more affordable wheel correct? I think they look awesome on the car!
I might have to check into these more.
Yea they're pretty affordable compared to other popular brands out there. A set of 20x9 like mine are marketed at around 2k but I got mine brand new for 1,400.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Perspective is relative, but $350/wheel isn't chump change either.

Then there's all the incidentals, like tax, shipping, TPMS, mounting/balancing, four little things called tires...
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Then there's all the incidentals, like tax, shipping, TPMS, mounting/balancing, four little things called tires...
And don't forget the most expensive thing of all, the infamous 4DSC window sticker. That thing has cost me over $2k, SunnyD, ask Rochester he'll hook you up (BTW, it is a nice looking touch IMO)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:45 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Tax is always a must. shipping was free. TPMS i just swapped from the factory wheels. mounting and balancing was free since i bought the wheels and tires from the same guys. conti DWS tires ran me 800. all in all i think i got a good deal and im VERY happy with how it all turned out. a few weeks from now ill just have to do an alignment after my springs settle.

Originally Posted by blnewt
And don't forget the most expensive thing of all, the infamous 4DSC window sticker. That thing has cost me over $2k, SunnyD, ask Rochester he'll hook you up (BTW, it is a nice looking touch IMO)
i must have one!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
ejhyun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the wheels. Great color choice on the black car.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
ask Rochester he'll hook you up (BTW, it is a nice looking touch IMO)
Originally Posted by SunnyD89
i must have one!
I don't print or sell them, but here's the thread on the info:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/233303-4dsc.html
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Tax is always a must. shipping was free. TPMS i just swapped from the factory wheels. mounting and balancing was free since i bought the wheels and tires from the same guys. conti DWS tires ran me 800. all in all i think i got a good deal and im VERY happy with how it all turned out. a few weeks from now ill just have to do an alignment after my springs settle.

i must have one!
SD: Fellow north Texan here. What made you go with the DWS over the DW? My car (bought used) still has the OEM rubber, and I am guessing maybe next fall for tires. With my job I can definitely work from home on the one or two days a year we get ice/snow. I know everyone loves the DWS, but I figured I would try the DW instead given the climate.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

I don't print or sell them, but here's the thread on the info:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/233303-4dsc.html
awesome thanks!

Originally Posted by brizey
SD: Fellow north Texan here. What made you go with the DWS over the DW? My car (bought used) still has the OEM rubber, and I am guessing maybe next fall for tires. With my job I can definitely work from home on the one or two days a year we get ice/snow. I know everyone loves the DWS, but I figured I would try the DW instead given the climate.
From what i understand, the DWS is a bit softer in ride quality and has better tread wear. The difference is probably minuscule but I trusted it. I'm not one to drive overly aggressive all the time, but I do like taking my G for a proper thrashing every now and then and the DWS has way more than enough grip for that. But I do agree, here in north texas we dont really need an all-season tire for snow, but whenever it does, ill have a decent tire for it. In the end it was getting a good price and seeing that on paper it should last longer than the DW that helped me make my decision, and so far im loving the tires.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 AM
PM-Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea they're pretty affordable compared to other popular brands out there. A set of 20x9 like mine are marketed at around 2k but I got mine brand new for 1,400.

Actually i thought they were more lower end. I think I am thinking of another wheel.
They look damn good though. Makes me want wheels more and more.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
Actually i thought they were more lower end. I think I am thinking of another wheel.
They look damn good though. Makes me want wheels more and more.
Thanks! I think they look quite good too haha. Its all relative like Rochester said. I mean i was looking at wheels in the 4-5k range before, so this was definitely more affordable compared to that.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

That titanium finish is beautiful on its own when sitting in the box, but I think I prefer the traditional machined/silver look when mounted on the car. Either way, the more I look at these wheels, the more I'm liking the overall design.

The only negative is the weight... which isn't horrible, but not <= 18" OEM Sport Rims, either. Although I've not found weight specs on the 19" model. If someone finds that information, by all means post it up here, please.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 AM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

That titanium finish is beautiful on its own when sitting in the box, but I think I prefer the traditional machined/silver look when mounted on the car. Either way, the more I look at these wheels, the more I'm liking the overall design.

The only negative is the weight... which isn't horrible, but not <= 18" OEM Sport Rims, either. Although I've not found weight specs on the 19" model. If someone finds that information, by all means post it up here, please.
I think it looks really nice on the car, i just havent gotten a chance to get pictures in the sun yet so the color of the wheels pop. then again pictures do it very little justice also haha. Ill get some day shots this weekend and maybe youll like em even more

Ill ask the guy i bought the wheels from if he knows and get back to ya on the weight of the 19s if he knows
Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 PM
SunnyD89
Registered Member

My guy didn't know the weight on the 19s sorry.

Also, this really amused me
SunnyD's build thread.-wc9igll.jpg

Sorry ive never really owned a nice set of performance tires before and i thought it was cool how it was written in the tread.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking to get the DWS too. Those circle things on the tire, them cosmetic? Also hows the noise level compared to OEM?

I like them wheels.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
All that matters is that you like them. Personally I think they look great. Rochester would find something wrong with world peace, haha.

Quick Reply: SunnyD's build thread.