Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Epiphany
Mixing X-Ice and Blizzaks? I wouldn't have pictured you as the kind of guy to mix tires like that.
If you want to make a donation, I could PM you my paypal address.

That said... it's just this winter. Next winter I'll be getting two new front tires.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:28 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Those lug nuts look amazing Roch! Great work
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-24-2016)
Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Just read through most of this, you should be very proud of your attention to cleanliness. That little red washer on the shifter as actually a nice little accent for the interior, I dig it. Have you gotten any pictures of the snow tires installed with a snowy backdrop?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Just read through most of this, you should be very proud of your attention to cleanliness. That little red washer on the shifter as actually a nice little accent for the interior, I dig it. Have you gotten any pictures of the snow tires installed with a snowy backdrop?
Thanks, Kris! How long did it take you to read the last five years? And I don't have many winter pics that I know of. But I'll keep that in mind and take some this season.

This thread has been quiet for the last few months, because winter and plans for Spingtime. The only "mods" actively in the works are two-fold:
  1. I ordered a Tail-as-turn-in module from DiodeDynamics, that's been on back-order for the last few weeks. Still waiting on that to ship.
  2. I sent my Titanium shift **** back to Lathewerks. Some time over the last couple of years, I cleaned it with metal polish (like an idiot), and ruined that wonderful matte finish, making the **** all shiny. Ugh. Chris at LatheWerks offered to put it back on the lathe and refinish it for me. So I'm looking forward to that.

[edit] Tail-as-turn-in shipped last night. Go figure.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:34 AM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
rochester, you have a sick car man. nice work
Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Thanks, Kris! How long did it take you to read the last five years? And I don't have many winter pics that I know of. But I'll keep that in mind and take some this season.

This thread has been quiet for the last few months, because winter and plans for Spingtime. The only "mods" actively in the works are two-fold:
  1. I ordered a Tail-as-turn-in module from DiodeDynamics, that's been on back-order for the last few weeks. Still waiting on that to ship.
  2. I sent my Titanium shift **** back to Lathewerks. Some time over the last couple of years, I cleaned it with metal polish (like an idiot), and ruined that wonderful matte finish, making the **** all shiny. Ugh. Chris at LatheWerks offered to put it back on the lathe and refinish it for me. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm still waiting for my Diode Dynamics HD Switchback Halos to ship
I ordered them the first week of December.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:35 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I think it's time you get the Nismo titanium shift ****, any by that I mean you should buy mine since my lease is over.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I'm still waiting for my Diode Dynamics HD Switchback Halos to ship
I ordered them the first week of December.
We appreciate your business with us! My apologies for the production lead times

Our production team is working extremely hard to get these items populated, coated, tested, packaged up and shipped out.

We've hired over 6 new production employees since December

Nick C.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

^^^
My tail as turn-in module is "out for delivery" in today's mail.

So... happy birthday to me. And here it is. Very professionally packaged, too.

Hey, where does that yellow wire go?

Originally Posted by Goonz
I think it's time you get the Nismo titanium shift ****, any by that I mean you should buy mine since my lease is over.
I had an opportunity a few years back to be hands-on with the Nismo (in SS). It was very awkward. I much prefer the proper ergonomics of a teardrop ****. In fact, I had just sent mine back to Lathewerks last week so it could be refinished. He worked on it this weekend and shipped it back this morning, so I'm looking forward to seeing that again, even though I won't be using it until Spring.

Good luck with next-car, buddy. I suspect with your penchant for manual transmissions, it will be German or British, and you'll finally get off the Infiniti bandwagon. No wait... I just noticed the Red Sport in your sig-line. Hmm, I remember your huge discontent with the two-pedal xS, so here's hoping 400hp makes up for it.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-09-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:44 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We appreciate your business with us! My apologies for the production lead times

Our production team is working extremely hard to get these items populated, coated, tested, packaged up and shipped out.

We've hired over 6 new production employees since December

Nick C.
Halos actually arrived earlier today! Any info on the new LED switchback bulbs you are releasing?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

After a month of pointless agida, I finally renegotiated my salary to a happy place this morning. And since today also happens to be my birthday (), I've gone ahead and ordered the 4.083 gear & pinion from TheNismoShop.

Nissan Final Drive Gear Sets Ring and Pinion - 350z G35

Installation planned for April.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Awesome John! And Happy Birthday too
Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Happy Birthday.

Between the gears and rear bushings it will be a much different driving experience. Considering how much you like the trans mount, I suspect you'll enjoy the rear bushings.
Rochester (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Diode Dynamics Tail-as-Turn Module

The video is crooked, and the car is covered in road salt.

Oh well.

ShuuraRG (01-20-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 02:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Parts, parts and more parts. Final components to this year's mod, after buying a rear diff rebuild kit, and Whiteline rear diff bushings. This is the Nissan OEM gear & pinion with a 4.083 final drive ratio.

Now I wait until Springtime. April, most likely.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G