Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:50 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by drewfinity
Based on a discussion in another thread, I suspect that chrome is there to prevent the paint from bubbling off due to sunlight being focused on that spot by the projector lens during the day.
This is most likely true, mine has bubbled in the exact spot as you have mentioned! Thankfully no one really notices it since I used VHT Black Pearl, but it's one of those things that once you know you can't help but to look at it..
Old 09-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Officially lurking the Jag forum as "Rochester", embarking on a 5-6 year plan for Next Car, starting... right... Now!

LOL. How's that for long-term goals? Let's hope getting the girls through college doesn't muck it up.

But seriously, who is capable of looking at this car and not feeling it? Such a beauty, and such an amazing driver's car.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Officially lurking the Jag forum as "Rochester", embarking on a 5-6 year plan for Next Car, starting... right... Now!

LOL. How's that for long-term goals? Let's hope getting the girls through college doesn't muck it up.

But seriously, who is capable of looking at this car and not feeling it? Such a beauty, and such an amazing driver's car.
V6 6 speed? Such a beautiful looking and sounding car.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Epiphany
V6 6 speed? Such a beautiful looking and sounding car.
Yep. Supercharged 3.0 V6, front-engine, RWD, 6MT with 380 hp in a 3400 pound luxury sportscar that looks like a frickin' work of art.

The question in my mind: will this car depreciate 50% in four to five years? Because there's no rationale in the world which would allow me to accept a $90K sticker new.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Yep. Supercharged 3.0 V6, front-engine, RWD, 6MT with 380 hp in a 3400 pound luxury sportscar that looks like a frickin' work of art.

The question in my mind: will this car depreciate 50% in four to five years? Because there's no rationale in the world which would allow me to accept a $90K sticker new.
Excellent choice, shame the V8 doesn't come with the manual transmission, but the V6 sounds so amazing as it is and with plenty of power. This is one of the few Jaguars that I expect to actually hold value on decently well, fortunately for owners and unfortunately for anyone who wants to buy one used.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts

Nice long term outlook. Are you an investor by chance John? With your ability to setup goals on a long term plan...it would be child's play for you to make solid returns. Just an FYI/observation from someone who does it.

Def feeling the classy new Jags. All the options are amazing. Expensive but amazing.

What color would you go with? Very or non vert? If you've made any other selections on the Jag as far as options I'd love to hear them. A friend and I looked over the website and built our own Jags to our fav specs one night not long ago. It was fun. I think mine came out to $115K. But that's for a new one. 6 years from now I'd imagine you'll be able to score one with relatively low-ish mileage for between 45-75 depending on your selections.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

No, I'm no investor, other than my retirement funds.

And since this is a Next Car proposal, it's not for another 5 to 6 years away. I'm anticipating a 4-5 year old S Coupe 6MT, somewhere in the 40's. However, that's just speculation, assuming the car depreciates like I think it should. I mean, sure it's an excellent car, but I don't think it's worth the price for anything other than the "R".

Time will tell.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Sounds good. I may be right there with you who knows. I'll be getting all the options tho. At least the biggest engine power option and definitely the convertible
Old 09-14-2015, 08:35 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by antirice
One of the best mods I have done to my car. Matte black housing will look good on any color but on moonlight white it's so much win. Left the projectors untouched, it gives a nice contrast.

I want this but with the 4 Panamera day time LED's instead of Halo's.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Just ordered my RJM clutch pedal thanks to you Rochester!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Was looking at my (unwashed) G in the morning sunlight today, eyeballing the rear fitment and these delightfully wide rear tires. Feeling pretty good about it all.

These Michelin Pilot Super Sports have between 5-6000 miles on them, and have only lost 3/32 out of the original 10/32 tread depth. Plus the corners seem absolutely fine, considering they've been over -2* camber most of that time.

I think I should wash the car today, LOL.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Def looking good from the rear...the tires I mean. Mine Look very similar in width, I fell in love the moment I saw them on the car.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Def looking good from the rear...the tires I mean. Mine Look very similar in width, I fell in love the moment I saw them on the car.
275/35ZR19

These PSS, in this size, are the most tire I've ever owned. Years later, I'm still impressed that I even have them at all. They stick to pavement like no other. And when they slip, it's controlled and balanced, without skipping or wheel hop.

My 12 year old loves it when I drive the car hard, and just yesterday I was horsing around with her in the car, and she went from her typical "Go, Dad!", into a fearful "OMG - OMG - OMG!"

Heh heh. Kids.

Probably not the best role model moment.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

275/35ZR19

These PSS, in this size, are the most tire I've ever owned. Years later, I'm still impressed that I even have them at all. They stick to pavement like no other. And when they slip, it's controlled and balanced, without skipping or wheel hop.

My 12 year old loves it when I drive the car hard, and just yesterday I was horsing around with her in the car, and she went from her typical "Go, Dad!", into a fearful "OMG - OMG - OMG!"

Heh heh. Kids.

Probably not the best role model moment.
That just gave me quite the early morning chuckle. And giggle. Not a girly giggle however, just a tired manly giggle.

My 3 year old son is going to be my hell raiser. He's always yelling "daddy go fast!"

My 5 year old son is a bit more reserved. He enjoys it when I drive the car hard, but by no means encourages it. Instead he chooses to remind me of orders I'm choosing to obey directly from Mother!! Little traitor lol.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I think that sometimes kids take on opposite values in some of the hobbies we pursue, or don't pursue... making things like a car hobby cyclic from one generation to the next. While not a psychologist, I suspect that dynamic has a lot to do with how strongly independent the child is. My father drove very responsibly, never got mad, and never seemed to actually enjoy the process of driving. Maybe because he could only afford crappy cars. Growing up, I just assumed it was normal that all cars had over 100k rusty miles on them.

Then there's me, and I suspect my 12 year old, who adores her daddy.

But my 15 year old, who is fiercely independent... she could care less. It's just a tool for transportation, like a taxi.

Feel free to giggle, Red. In fact, enjoy it and don't grow old. /advice

Last edited by Rochester; 09-24-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G