Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
^^that came out really nice! Your mechanic did some good work....
Thanks.

It took me a day of driving around to realize how much the car actually benefits from the lost of vibration at idle. First and second gear shifts are smoother. I swear it. Makes sense to, in so far as I'm not a mechanical engineer, but I know enough that if the drivetrain has less flex to it, gear changes are smoother. Found that out firsthand with my last car and an engine brace that I had. Wait... old pic, because it's just cool looking. All powdercoated in gun-metal, with titanium hardware...

Anyway, on the G, this silly little bar between the cats is such a win, and I hadn't realized what a loss it was to do without this last half-year.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Personally I don't like stickers on car but somehow I like yours
Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
HappyBuyItNow sent me a prototype Extreme3 roof-wing to test fit on the G-Sedan. I had the opportunity to do so yesterday, before the snow storm hit the area today. It's going into the attic for storage until Spring 2015.

But in the meantime, here are the pics, and here's the thread:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-extreme3.html

I'm feeling the roof wing it looks nice and sleek, which is a very complimentary look for these cars. Now that rear spoiler is so sweet. I'm not the jealous type but I have to be honest I'm feeling a little spoiler painted to match envy.

Hey Rochester I finally got my CV4's put on with the godsnow lugs. I would love it if you could hook me up once more by visiting my garage n posting up a pic bro. I'm going to get my laptop fixed (horrible malware from my stepdaughter using it) and start up a build thread with heavy pics very soon. I believe he cars ready to be shown and judged.

I was going to follow your advice and paint the red lug caps black but after seeing them on I think ive fallen in love. When you get a chance go on there and check them out. I'm anxious to get some of that famous Rochester love or tough love.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Energy Suspension Coil Spring Isoloators

Guess what I'm planning on doing with these? (knock on wood, pass the Dremel tool.)

Old 01-22-2015, 08:43 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Lift the rear by 5/8"?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Lift the rear by 5/8"?
Yep. RWD Swifts have a droopy rear. This is a cheap fix.

I bought the one Upper Seat as a guide for shaving the bushings, without having to commit that get done during the install.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Yep. RWD Swifts have a droopy rear. This is a cheap fix.

I bought the one Upper Seat as a guide for shaving the bushings, without having to commit that get done during the install.
Can you use your photoshop skillz to illustrate what you're going to do? I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

When are you planning on giving this a try?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Can you use your photoshop skillz to illustrate what you're going to do? I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

When are you planning on giving this a try?
That cone-shaped rubber thing is the OEM Upper Seat from the rear suspension on our cars; visualize it pointing downward into the middle of a rear coil-spring. Those bushings from ES are made of polyurethane, and exactly the size to fit over the upper seat, once the inside edge is filed down properly. Installed, it will raise the rear end of the car 5/8"... or at least, that's the plan.

Got the idea from G35Driver.com: My 09 G37xS (AWD) Lowered on Tanabe - Droopy Bum fix too!(PICS) - G35Driver

The bushings were only $30 shipped from EnergySuspensionParts.com. And the upper seat was also $30 shipped from OrderInfinitiParts.com. Figured $30 was a cheap way to prep for the mod.

As for when... I'm looking for a friend's help. He has a Dremel Tool and some skills at detailed things like this. After that's done, I'll make an appointment with the mechanic for the install. It should come together over the next 3 weeks sometime. When it does, I'll line up the car for a duplicate of this pic (winter allowing), with the duckfeet & spacers still on, to see the difference.

Here, I've adjusted the image so you can clearly see the wheel gap front vs. rear:

Last edited by Rochester; 01-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Stevolkz33
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This makes me want the sedan more than coupe
Old 01-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

You only run your CVT's during the summer months huh Roch.? I see the logic in it but I'd have trouble takin those sexy beasts off lol.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
You only run your CVT's during the summer months huh Roch.? I see the logic in it but I'd have trouble takin those sexy beasts off lol.
That snow life.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

It is kind of sad. But the thing is, when they go back on in the Spring, you get to relive that event a little bit all over again. Shameless emotional manipulation, but fun nonetheless.

Honestly, it's not so much the VOSSENS that I miss, it's the wide PSS, and some grippy pavement to drive on.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Energy Suspension Coil Spring Isoloators - Step 2

Took the ES bushings to a friend who has a big wood-working hobby, and all the tools you would imagine. We used a 1" grinder bit attachment to the drill, and fixed the drill in a vise, working the bushing around the bit at a 45* angle. It came out perfect.

Now I need to get them installed over the rear springs.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
DYT-350Z (01-26-2015), Lego_Maniac (01-25-2015)
Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

It is kind of sad. But the thing is, when they go back on in the Spring, you get to relive that event a little bit all over again. Shameless emotional manipulation, but fun nonetheless.

Honestly, it's not so much the VOSSENS that I miss, it's the wide PSS, and some grippy pavement to drive on.
AHHHH...Christmas all over again and in the summer no less. I must say I'm an optimistic guy by nature but that little ray of sunshine totally missed me. I love all my mods but the Vossens have a special place in my heart. Lol so corny but still true.

Man I hope we get snow at least once this year. AR only gets ice
Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

AHHHH...Christmas all over again and in the summer no less. I must say I'm an optimistic guy by nature but that little ray of sunshine totally missed me.
But now you get it, and that's cool.

Here's another winter-only thing I'm planning on setting up for next winter. This Titanium Shift **** is just brutal in the winter. So much so, that's it's simply not tenable without wearing gloves. And unless you take your glove off, the damn thing won't warm up in your hand, so you're stuck with a glove on your shift hand 100% of the time.

In the coming Fall, I'm going to buy an identical design shift **** just for winter, but one made of Copolymer so that sub-freezing temps won't be an issue.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G