Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I have the kick plates and I'm still thinking about doing it (inner ricer in me). Sadly, the website is too not user friendly and you have to pay through paypal.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:44 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's my opinion, yeah. Too much of the same thing going on in the same place.
I was thinking you'd lean that way. #taste

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
I have the kick plates and I'm still thinking about doing it (inner ricer in me). Sadly, the website is too not user friendly and you have to pay through paypal.
I'm conflicted about it.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,729 Likes on 3,534 Posts
Snows on Duckfeet

Winter. It's coming.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:09 PM
BobPezz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Winter. It's coming.

Hi John,

Longtime no type. I was curious on how things were going w/ you. I think you'd be proud of me. This weekend I did the claybar routine for the 1st time & waxed the 'G' for the winter.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by BobPezz
Hi John,

Longtime no type. I was curious on how things were going w/ you. I think you'd be proud of me. This weekend I did the claybar routine for the 1st time & waxed the 'G' for the winter.
Hello Bob. Glad you discovered detailing clay. Although sooner is better, it's never too late, man.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

B2 Auto Designs - 15mm Wheel Spacer Adapters

Speaking of duckfeet... bought these so they won't look so silly after the drop.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Stewb_10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive been debating Blizzaks vs. Conti DWS for so long. From ohio, so I'm afraid to kill the blizzaks in above freezing temps.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewb_10
Ive been debating Blizzaks vs. Conti DWS for so long. From ohio, so I'm afraid to kill the blizzaks in above freezing temps.
Look at it this way, DWS do well for themselves in "light" snow. The G is so low you really arent going to be plowing through huge amounts of snow anyway if you can help it. I did fine last year with mine and we had a fair amount of snow.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:35 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
I would think pellet or BB gun as their projectiles are about 1/8" and not high powered enough to leave more than a nasty dent. Anything more than that like a .22 would punch a hole in the door. Still that sucks though. I'm sorry you had that happen to your car.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Duckfeet with Snows and Spacers

I installed the Snows and Spacers this week, and overall I'm very pleased with how the duckfeet will look back on the car for Winter. The concern was the drop on Swift Springs, and how unhappy I'd be seeing the OEM sport rims tucked deep into the fender because of the drop. So I coughed up the money for a set of 15mm wheel spacer adapters from B2 AutoDesign; (pics a few posts back).

Installing the spacers was both easy, and a PITA. Had to shop around for a 6-sided 17mm 1/2" socket that would fit inside the spacer. Finally found one at Sears.

A few days after the install, I got to thinking I didn't have to use the little half-sized lug-nuts that came with the spacers. I think there's enough clearance into the duckfeet between the lug-holes that I could have used the lug-nuts that came with the vossens. Or even my McGard spline-drive lug-nuts. Something for me to experiment with in the Spring.

Here are the pics, reposted from the Sedan Chat Thread.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:44 AM
BobPezz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed the Snows and Spacers this week, and overall I'm very pleased with how the duckfeet will look back on the car for Winter. The concern was the drop on Swift Springs, and how unhappy I'd be seeing the OEM sport rims tucked deep into the fender because of the drop. So I coughed up the money for a set of 15mm wheel spacer adapters from B2 AutoDesign; (pics a few posts back).

Installing the spacers was both easy, and a PITA. Had to shop around for a 6-sided 17mm 1/2" socket that would fit inside the spacer. Finally found one at Sears.

A few days after the install, I got to thinking I didn't have to use the little half-sized lug-nuts that came with the spacers. I think there's enough clearance into the duckfeet between the lug-holes that I could have used the lug-nuts that came with the vossens. Or even my McGard spline-drive lug-nuts. Something for me to experiment with in the Spring.

Here are the pics, reposted from the Sedan Chat Thread.

Looks great!
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-15-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:15 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
I actually like it more than the Vossens. Maybe it's because of the more OEM look. Never thought being lowered and those spacers would make such a big difference.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
I actually like it more than the Vossens. Maybe it's because of the more OEM look.
Fair enough. Those CVT rims are like jewelry, with the finish and sharp spokes. Sometimes stepping back from too much bling is a good move, too. Fortunately with two sets of wheels, and four months of winter, I get to change it up twice a year.

Never thought being lowered and those spacers would make such a big difference.
I completely agree. Always hated the duckfeet, but now that they fit the car better dropped and spaced, they look fine.

Well... for Winter.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Never thought being lowered and those spacers would make such a big difference.
Here's another perspective that just occurred to me. I suspect if my car were just like this last year (lowered and spaced), that I wouldn't have bought new wheels at all. Or that if I ever did, it would have been lightweight 18's rather than 19" Vossens.

Seriously. Wheels were never a priority to me.

If I had money to burn, some year soon I'd like to have three sets of wheels and tires, and then sell whichever summer set I liked the least: either the Vossens, or the lightweight 18's.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:06 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Here's another perspective that just occurred to me. I suspect if my car were just like this last year (lowered and spaced), that I wouldn't have bought new wheels at all. Or that if I ever did, it would have been lightweight 18's rather than 19" Vossens.

Seriously. Wheels were never a priority to me.

If I had money to burn, some year soon I'd like to have three sets of wheels and tires, and then sell whichever summer set I liked the least: either the Vossens, or the lightweight 18's.
+1 on the lightweight 18's, although lightweight 18's that clear the BBK are hard to find or expensive. TSW is the cheapest quality lightweight I could find and they have some new 2015 wheels.

I'm just sitting here waiting for my 18's. Maybe I would end up getting some swift springs after those pics.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G