Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:46 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
I saw you're looking at Unorthodox Racing for pulleys, you may want to check out NonStop Tuning for theirs. It's cheaper than UR and seems to still have good results.

http://www.nonstoptuning.rpmware.com...i-1829854.aspx
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-20-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Yoshi

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
Ah u got them! The ***** area pretty good upgrade.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (11-22-2013)
Old 12-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
My next mod... confirmation today from the wife that my Xmas (and Birthday) considerations can be fully met with $700 (ish) spent on a pair of resonated high-flow cats. I tried to explain them to her, but her eyes just glazed over, and she stopped me after explaining things like cell-count, rasp, and J-bung connectors for the O2 sensors. (LOL)

The important thing here is it's a go for end-of-month. Installation in the Spring.

DOMO

Happy dance!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

DIY the install. Have a little taste of hell on earth.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
DIY the install. Have a little taste of hell on earth.
Haha, nope. Not me. I'll be bringing them to my mechanic. Haven't seen him since earlier in the year, when he installed the sways. He's a really good guy, and a truly skilled mechanic.

The only crawling under my car that I'll do is changing my own oil. And that's it. Truth is, it freaks me out a little having the car over me like that.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:40 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Originally Posted by Rochester
Haha, nope. Not me. I'll be bringing them to my mechanic. Haven't seen him since earlier in the year, when he installed the sways. He's a really good guy, and a truly skilled mechanic.

The only crawling under my car that I'll do is changing my own oil. And that's it. Truth is, it freaks me out a little having the car over me like that.
I think it freaks everyone out. I was under there for 8 hours. T_T full exhaust.

I'm never doing it again. Not without a proper lift.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Congrats!
That'll give you something else to clean and polish too no?

How does this impact the mod plans? What's getting moved up now?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
those ***** are sweet. might just put those on my x-mas list
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Congrats!
That'll give you something else to clean and polish too no?

How does this impact the mod plans? What's getting moved up now?
You're right. I think I'm going to swap plans between the CBE and the 4.083 gears, so that the CBE is the primary mod of 2015, rather than 2016... at which point, getting tuned becomes more of a priority. However, if the RHFC satisfies my need for exhaust sound enough, then I'll stick to the first plan.

LOL@myself sometimes.

Either way, it's still fun making long () term mod plans, and rearranging them based on things you learn along the way. I'm only 2 years into the car, and I started this thread when I bought it. Sure would be fun if it were still alive with progress 5 years from now.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Sounds like a Merry Christmas, especially since you won't be the one tackling those hell-bolts. Wonder how many pages this thread will have when you've completed the "final -mod". I'm guessing the over/under would be about 75 pages. Hopefully most of us are still around the site to see it to its' fruition.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Coolant Overflow Bin Cap

ZeeToyz Coolant Bin Cap, purchased second-hand from ZOSTER33 after he upgraded to a full SS bin. And honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this little bit of bling. It's noticeably taller than the black cap, and the sculpted side seems completely gratuitous. Although I suppose everything we do here on this forum is completely gratuitous. LOL

IDK... maybe it will grow on me. If not, then I can certainly sell it here for what I paid. Zoster33 was very fair.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-18-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

ZeeToyz Coolant Bin Cap, purchased second-hand from ZOSTER33 after he upgraded to a full SS bin. And honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this little bit of bling. It's noticeably taller than the black cap, and the sculpted side seems completely unnecessary. IDK... maybe it will grow on me. If not, then I can certainly sell it here for what I paid. Zoster33 was very fair.
I like it, but why are your fender washers different colors? Why would you do something like that? Is it just to hurt me?!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I like it, but why are your fender washers different colors? Why would you do something like that?
The front shroud has gold fender washers... trying to introduce a little color. I'd love it if VMS made an orange-ish anodized fender washer, but they don't. That one in the middle looks different because of the bounce-flash, but it's gold too. I'm not 100% on the gold washers either. Just playing around.

The fender washers on the rubber wrap-around (not in that pic) are black because of the black rubber/plastic. Those look great. Ditto for the 3 fender washers on the engine cover. (With stainless steel acorn nuts & titanium washers for the lower engine cover bolts.)

And the two fender washers on the overflow bin are gun-metal, because of the white plastic. Seemed right to me.

Is it just to hurt me?!
No. Not this time.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:40 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
ZeeToyz Coolant Bin Cap, purchased second-hand from ZOSTER33 after he upgraded to a full SS bin. And honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this little bit of bling. It's noticeably taller than the black cap, and the sculpted side seems completely gratuitous. Although I suppose everything we do here on this forum is completely gratuitous. LOL

IDK... maybe it will grow on me. If not, then I can certainly sell it here for what I paid. Zoster33 was very fair.

I don't understand... Where are the logos??? It's a little bit of bling, doesn't look bad, at least I don't think so. (Bear in mind, I have logos ) are you going to replace the entire overflow tank at some point?

I like the washers, I just picked up some neochrome but I'm not sure if I will like them.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
are you going to replace the entire overflow tank at some point?
I don't think so. At least, not in full SS. If I ever do something with the tank itself, it would be to paint it. I've gotten real close to painting it a number of times, but then blnewt went and plastidipped his... after which I was able to push that urge way down deep where I barely see it anymore. (Sorry, Brad.)

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G