Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by antirice
The tint difference between the front and back windows is really killing the clean look of the car. Sorry man, I know you probably don't want hassle from the cops. I would probably just not tint anything at all.
I think the rear-only tint is a fantastic and unique VIP look... even though the only actual VIP's that ride in the back are my kids. If I were to change it up at all, I'd go full-tint, but a lighter shade.

Fortunately for me, I disagree with your opinion. However, I thank you for sharing yours in a way far less critical than I've been known to do. So peace.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
You know my opinion already. If you're going to wrap, I say do it all. But I know you also like the chrome trim.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 AM
samuel1021
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Back to wheels tho. I think I'm leaning towards TE37s for next summer. I'm surprised they weren't in your wish list of wheels, Rochester. Good looking and lightweight.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Stainless Steel control ***** by CARSMO.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...-for-08-g.html

I wasn't disappointed at all. These replacement ***** have truly excellent craftsmanship, creative packaging, with a speedy transaction and prompt shipping. IMO, totally worth the introductory price.

Here's a pic next to the OEM *****:

And one of my Sedan, with the OEM ***** on the left, new ***** on the right.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
*sigh* I think I'll have to get these.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:41 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Just installed mine yesterday as well. Small but very noticeable difference. Looks good!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by GoFightNguyen
*sigh* I think I'll have to get these.
Dude, it's beyond your control. Buy them. Buy them now.

I was thinking, from every single angle of my car, there's something personalized. It's almost entirely a collection of subtle mods that would look OEM to the untrained eye, but still a point of pride for me. Every angle, that is, except the interior.

And now I've got a little something going on in the interior... besides the knicks in what seems to be incredibly fragile dash material.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
samuel1021
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That could absolutely be passed for OEM, looks great. Can't wait to order my set.

Also, you're a brave, brave man for having that color interior. I'm paranoid even with black leather.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by samuel1021
That could absolutely be passed for OEM
The wifey just got home, so I hustled her out to the car, sat her down in the passenger seat, and asked her what she thought.

"About what?"

LOL
Old 11-16-2013, 04:20 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 751 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The wifey just got home, so I hustled her out to the car, sat her down in the passenger seat, and asked her what she thought. "About what?" LOL
Haha, I had carbon fiber grille and mirror caps added. My friend made no notice
Old 11-16-2013, 09:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Very nice, looks like another item for my shopping cart. Are those slightly bigger diameter at the base, they look a bit bigger from the pics. Probably about 10x as heavy too, which would make for a nice substantial feel which is something lacking in most Asian brands.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Bota36
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I like it Brother. Now it's time for that little red button over there near that steering wheel.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:44 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Very nice, looks like another item for my shopping cart. Are those slightly bigger diameter at the base, they look a bit bigger from the pics. Probably about 10x as heavy too, which would make for a nice substantial feel which is something lacking in most Asian brands.
They are heavier but I think it's the lack of taper that makes them look bigger. When I first installed them I liked them a lot, second look had me wondering a little until I realized it just wasn't what I was used to seeing and why. Odd to me that I had noticed such a small thing but it's the small things that add up. I really like them and Ray was great to deal with.
Definitely one of those mods that most people probably won't notice is different and I kind of like that.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:17 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
They are heavier but I think it's the lack of taper that makes them look bigger. When I first installed them I liked them a lot, second look had me wondering a little until I realized it just wasn't what I was used to seeing and why. Odd to me that I had noticed such a small thing but it's the small things that add up. I really like them and Ray was great to deal with.
Definitely one of those mods that most people probably won't notice is different and I kind of like that.
Not noticing the mod says to me that the mod seamlessly fits and probably should have been delivered that way from the factory.

Somebody just made the comment that the Asian brands don't do "heft" on their switches. That is always the biggest difference I tell people between the Audi and our two Infiniti vehicles- Audi has an all around more substantial feel. Switches, doors closing, leather quality, etc. Everything is engineered for quality. That's not to say that Infiniti is poor quality, but more that Audi (and my experience with BMW/MB) fine tunes their products for that "German" feel.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Like Rex said here, the OEM ***** are tapered, whereas the SS ***** aren't. That's all it is. And yes, they are noticeably heavier, which is something I immediately liked after installing them. Such a little detail, but so much there to appreciate.

Originally Posted by Bota36
I like it Brother. Now it's time for that little red button over there near that steering wheel.
Naturally, I've given that fair consideration. I like the GTR ignition button, I really do. However, you don't actually see the ignition button when getting in the car or driving it. It's hidden behind the steering column. I fear that would be a mod that I wouldn't appreciate.

Now you could easily counter with, "But you don't actually see any of that engine bay bullsh1t." And I suppose you'd be right. Although I do open the hood often and clean the engine bay, so IDK where I'm going with that.

Truth is, I'll probably do the GTR button someday. Right now, though, it's not on my list. Heck, these ***** weren't on my list either, they were an impulse purchase. Damn good one, though.

Originally Posted by KEG97
Not noticing the mod says to me that the mod seamlessly fits and probably should have been delivered that way from the factory.
Yes sir, KEG97. That is my philosophy with cars.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-17-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G