Build Threads

New build: GTM TT Stg-II • '08 Infiniti G37 5-spd auto • The Shop CT

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Jimmy and Mike have probably 5000 dyno passes under their belts. No lie. If Jimmy says it's too hot to do accurate tests, I don't question his procedure.

I saw fans all over the place. He'll get back on it after the holiday. I delayed a client's photography project this weekend. I want it to come out so well, that rushing through wasn't an option. I suspect he feels the same.

Coop
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Hey Coop in for numbers this week? Going to be Cool this week 60-70's,, BIG NUMBERS
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
SharpByCoop

Been told it's back on schedule now that the weather has broke up here. Sitting patiently....

Coop
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 PM
wattles
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm stoked to see how it comes along. This is a sweet build!
Good luck. A street capable monster to blow away anyone wanting to take you on is sick!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
SharpByCoop

There has been progress. Jimmy had one of his techs remove the manifold and the fuel system, so they could install an 'audible knock sensor' electronic attachment into the block. Apparently Uprev has no 'knock protection' (?) so getting this important bit of information requires an outside source. Reassembly and then back on....

They (Mike Botti and Kennny) then got it up to 560whp repeatedly, yet Jimmy didn't want to use the dyno any longer, because of his awareness of the auto trans being vulnerable; especially on the dyno.

They have sent some files and logs to Sam @ GTM for his evaluation, and the guys will finish tuning on the road. Safer, and at this point, they are REAL close to what we want on pump 93.

With the Stg2 turbos and a 2.5" exhaust I may be maxing out here. The 591dyno that was gotten in the past, was simply ragged. This isn't. Jimmy doesn't think I had 590 at the track with the car missing.

We left with the sign off: KMP! Hopefully Sam will dialog with them soon. Jimmy enjoys working with him. As you would think.

Coop
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Gotboost1099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I've read our stock knock.sensors are pretty accurate you keep advancing timing until.the car stops making power or the car cuts to high det map
Old 09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Kojack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will you be at Atco on Sept. 23?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
SharpByCoop

No. From post 342:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
No. I just learned of this race date. It WOULD be perfect, but.....

My great-grandfather-in-law is 93-yrs old. He owns (3) classic Bugatti's, an Amilcar, and a Ferrari. He's an icon locally in his classic cars. So much so, that the town of Weston CT has started the inaugural 'Alden Sherman Classic' Car Show on this date.

It would be blasphemy for me to NOT be there. And, I want to.

I'll have run a number well before then. Count on it.
Backpedal: Count on it if I had it. That it's still not finished is frustrating. They are spending time on it between projects, and as all things complicated go, it is taking more time than wished.

I REALLY wanted to be at the shootout, but I can't. I REALLY want to have my car present for my Grandfather's Car Show. Here's hoping for a good week.

Coop
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
There has been progress. Jimmy had one of his techs remove the manifold and the fuel system, so they could install an 'audible knock sensor' electronic attachment into the block. Apparently Uprev has no 'knock protection' (?) so getting this important bit of information requires an outside source. Reassembly and then back on....

They (Mike Botti and Kennny) then got it up to 560whp repeatedly, yet Jimmy didn't want to use the dyno any longer, because of his awareness of the auto trans being vulnerable; especially on the dyno.

They have sent some files and logs to Sam @ GTM for his evaluation, and the guys will finish tuning on the road. Safer, and at this point, they are REAL close to what we want on pump 93.

With the Stg2 turbos and a 2.5" exhaust I may be maxing out here. The 591dyno that was gotten in the past, was simply ragged. This isn't. Jimmy doesn't think I had 590 at the track with the car missing.

We left with the sign off: KMP! Hopefully Sam will dialog with them soon. Jimmy enjoys working with him. As you would think.

Coop
Might agree with the maxing out the 2.5 exhaust, Mr.Squeeze had the same issue, Was to much flow an the exhaust was causing a bottle neck, He is moving up too 3 inch them getting retuned,
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
SharpByCoop

Got some feedback this morning: Mikey has been driving it on the street he's getting close and great feel. According to him, it responds a LOT differently on the street than the dyno. Auto trans + Dyno = problems.

There is a small rich spike when it gets warm that he's chasing down. I'll let them determine best action plan. Better rich than lean.

News as I know more.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Thats great Coop sounds like they've just about got it!!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Haha, is it bad that the first thing I do any time I re-open this thread is check Coop's signature hoping there is a link to a vid that is titled with a lower time?

Cannot wait for them to work everything out for you Coop!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Got some feedback this morning: Mikey has been driving it on the street he's getting close and great feel. According to him, it responds a LOT differently on the street than the dyno. Auto trans + Dyno = problems.

There is a small rich spike when it gets warm that he's chasing down. I'll let them determine best action plan. Better rich than lean.

News as I know more.
Good news ! Everything seems like its working out great .
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
SharpByCoop

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Haha, is it bad that the first thing I do any time I re-open this thread is check Coop's signature hoping there is a link to a vid that is titled with a lower time?

Cannot wait for them to work everything out for you Coop!
LOL! Glad you enjoyed my past escapades. I'm confident, but WARY of marching right off to the strip. That will happen, but I want some street miles again to ensure all is well.

I want to be able to replicate that 11.4. Beyond that, who knows, but my auto TC won't allow for much harder launches, so don't expect much. I just want to drive it around at this point. I already have the number. This Sunday at Atco may have an opportunity for someone else. I regret I won't be there because I'll be at a car show up in Weston CT. (He's family!)

It's a crazy storm up here today. Not conducive to traction. I'll bet they ducked inside and worked on other things.

Coop
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
SharpByCoop

Drove it home tonight. I'll give a full review tomorrow. Spoiler: INCREDIBLE.

Coop

Quick Reply: New build: GTM TT Stg-II • '08 Infiniti G37 5-spd auto • The Shop CT