Build Threads

New build: GTM TT Stg-II • '08 Infiniti G37 5-spd auto • The Shop CT

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop
I've got about 700 miles on it now. I've been able to run it through the gears a few times. It feels just as strong as ever.

Parts and card were charged on 7/15 for the fuel components. Still no delivery. I have my fingers crossed for a delivery this week? (Hint, hint....)

Until those components come in it's still incomplete. Receive, install, tune, dyno/road test = Done.

In the meanwhile, it is STILL a boatload of torque and authority.

Coop

Glad to see your car is doing well Coop. What fuel set up did you go with ? I am just curious to compare it with mine.

I cant believe I have more break in miles than you and I started after lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
^^^ Post 322 outlines my fuel components.

Right now it's the GTM Stage II setup (Walbro 255 pump/600 injectors.)

I'm using it sparingly.

Coop
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Very nice, indeed.
Hope its all smooth enjoy hurting some v8.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Mr.Squeeze

^^^ Post 322 outlines my fuel components.

Right now it's the GTM Stage II setup (Walbro 255 pump/600 injectors.)

I'm using it sparingly.

Coop
My fault COOP missed it 255 with 750cc's got it.

I am keeping a close eye on your build my self you and one more are the only ones in the North East with a built motor.

Our builds do have some differences though.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
SharpByCoop

The fuel component box arrived at The Shop today. I'll drive there tomorrow to make a plan. Dyno me down....

Coop
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Hey COOP cant wait to see the final numbers with the fuel upgrade!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
This is gonna be great!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Yes it is, Well into the 600's.. Cars gonna be rediculous to drive( Not like it isnt now) LOL
Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
SharpByCoop

The car is now at The Shop, and here's what's getting done:

The fuel pump pod has the new pump installed, along with the new AN fittings and lines. This is not a simple bolt-in. Some parts need to be modified. There is no one more careful than Hector for this kind of work. That's the old pump sitting alone.

Under the hood is the ongoing installation of the machined fuel rails and return lines. Witness how he carefully masked off the intake, and didn't simply stuff rags into it. He's good.

Props to GTM for the solid parts and for getting back to Jimmy and Hector with some install directions.

One of two garage bays where The Shop does the work. Jimmy's 1200whp GTR is up on the right. Before the end of the Fall he is committed to an eight-second timecard.

All the cars they work on are performance cars. Major props.

I'm going on vacation this thursday for nine days. They will work on it without my badgering in the meanwhile. LOL!

I've talked to the new tuner (Mike Botti) at length: Work on the low speed tune for utmost day-to-day response and driveability. Then, 550whp redline tune on local pump 93. That's PLENTY for day to day driving and fun. 650whp tune/boost on RACE FUEL for the track day. Figure out how to get there and replicate this. I'll want to go in Sept, when the temps cool a bit.

I don't forecast tens at all. The torque converter will limit a hard launch. I DO suspect an 11.3 or 11.2 is attainable and sustainable.

Time will tell. That said, this is my street car, and a reliable 550whp street ride has unmistakeable authority.

Coop
Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 PM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The car is now at The Shop, and here's what's getting done:

The fuel pump pod has the new pump installed, along with the new AN fittings and lines. This is not a simple bolt-in. Some parts need to be modified. There is no one more careful than Hector for this kind of work. That's the old pump sitting alone.

Under the hood is the ongoing installation of the machined fuel rails and return lines. Witness how he carefully masked off the intake, and didn't simply stuff rags into it. He's good.

Props to GTM for the solid parts and for getting back to Jimmy and Hector with some install directions.

One of two garage bays where The Shop does the work. Jimmy's 1200whp GTR is up on the right. Before the end of the Fall he is committed to an eight-second timecard.

All the cars they work on are performance cars. Major props.

I'm going on vacation this thursday for nine days. They will work on it without my badgering in the meanwhile. LOL!

I've talked to the new tuner (Mike Botti) at length: Work on the low speed tune for utmost day-to-day response and driveability. Then, 550whp redline tune on local pump 93. That's PLENTY for day to day driving and fun. 650whp tune/boost on RACE FUEL for the track day. Figure out how to get there and replicate this. I'll want to go in Sept, when the temps cool a bit.

I don't forecast tens at all. The torque converter will limit a hard launch. I DO suspect an 11.3 or 11.2 is attainable and sustainable.

Time will tell. That said, this is my street car, and a reliable 550whp street ride has unmistakeable authority.

Coop
Very nice! You should easily be able to surpass 700 whp.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Looking good Coop car will be a beast man.

Are you going to Nissan/Infiniti Shoot out @ Atco on September 23

Would be nice to see a fello 3.7 built motor in action.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:34 PM
SharpByCoop

No. I just learned of this race date. It WOULD be perfect, but.....

My great-grandfather-in-law is 93-yrs old. He owns (3) classic Bugatti's, an Amilcar, and a Ferrari. He's an icon locally in his classic cars. So much so, that the town of Weston CT has started the inaugural 'Alden Sherman Classic' Car Show on this date.

It would be blasphemy for me to NOT be there. And, I want to.

I'll have run a number well before then. Count on it.

Jimmy from The Shop called me this morning. The car is together and running. Mikey (the tuner) will be away till mid next week, then they will spend time on it. He's already booked solid, Jimmy tells me.

I will be in the Caribbean. News once we do. Patience.

Coop
Old 09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
SharpByCoop

The car is being delayed in further dyno testing simply because it's so hot. We've had a weeklong scale of 85°+ days, and Mikey tells me it was running up the temps into the red as he was crawling up the chart.

For the sake of the trans and engine, they suggested, and I allowed, to bench it until we get some 70° temps or so.

That's where this is at.

Coop
Old 09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
No climate controlled dyno room?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:03 PM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The car is being delayed in further dyno testing simply because it's so hot. We've had a weeklong scale of 85°+ days, and Mikey tells me it was running up the temps into the red as he was crawling up the chart.

For the sake of the trans and engine, they suggested, and I allowed, to bench it until we get some 70° temps or so.

That's where this is at.

Coop
What were the engine temps going to? And how long was it on the dyno, that should not happen if they are letting the car cool down between runs.

Quick Reply: New build: GTM TT Stg-II • '08 Infiniti G37 5-spd auto • The Shop CT