Special Taking Pre orders, TANABE STABILIZER(SWAY BARS) for G37 from AMPLIFIED

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Taking Pre orders, TANABE STABILIZER(SWAY BARS) for G37 from AMPLIFIED

Built for the driving enthusiast, the Sustec Stabilizer emininates roll for exceptional stability and maximum tire contact patch and grip.

Unique to the Sustec Stabilizer is it's FULL CHROMEMOLY steel alloy construction. Chromemoly's strength is such that a small diameter chromemoly anti-swaybar is significantly stronger than the standard steel anti-swaybars that are larger in diameter.

Chromemoly anti-swaybars, which have typically only been readily available to race users.are now available to all motorsport enthusiasts for a reasonable price!

QUICK REVIEW:

We installed these right about a week ago. So far, its awesome. They are designed for street driving but definitely great for both street or track

The body roll on my G has been minimized, ride quality always stiffens when you replace your sways to something stiffer but these tanabe's didn't change the ride quality much.

Some of the G owners we installed the other sway bars complained that the rear was too stiff even at the softest setting and that causes too much oversteer and takes away the balance between the front and the rear. The tanabe's were designed very nicely to complement the front. I don't have all the specs yet but on tanabe's website, the front is 30.4 mm thick and 25.4 for the rear. The front and rear are supplied with new bushings. The rear comes with a new bracket but the front uses the OE brackets.

Steering responsiveness has improved alot, given i have all the underbracing, i still noticed a big difference.

I will have a more detailed review the more i drive the car, hopefully on the track soon.

Here's some pictures of the sway bars:

PM me for pricing. They retail for $195 each but i will do an introductory price

ETA is early December

thanks
Lou

Last edited by Lou@Amplified; 11-24-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:11 AM
degalaz808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the price w/ shipping for the F/R to Hawaii 96797?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Triple_X

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me they will have a set for the AWD coupe.......I will pre-order today
Old 11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified

Some of the G owners we installed the other sway bars complained that the rear was too stiff even at the softest setting and that causes too much understeer and takes away the balance between the front and the rear.
Maybe I'm wrong but I've always been under the impression that increasing the stiffness of the rear axle leads to more OVERsteer and increasing the stiffness of the front axle would increase understeer
Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Namir
Maybe I'm wrong but I've always been under the impression that increasing the stiffness of the rear axle leads to more OVERsteer and increasing the stiffness of the front axle would increase understeer
lol my bad, i corrected it and thank you for pointing it out.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Bump for sways =]
Old 11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple_X
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me they will have a set for the AWD coupe.......I will pre-order today
I'm still wating on an answer from TANABE on this one
Old 11-25-2009, 03:25 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Time to sell my Hotchkis?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 AM
AvosG37

now im confuse wit this n hotchkis :/ hate too many options.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's what you can do if you have Hochikis:

For suck azz cruising tires, stay at softest settings for rear sways.

For damn good tires (not R comps, but like NT05s or so), stay at middle... and make sure get some braces for your car. i.e. GTSpec.

You shouldn't be running stiffest unless you know what you're doing... and I recommend you get some proper LSD before doing this as well.

Even with all the options above, I recommend you do get other suspension mods to go with. Also, if you have coilovers, you'll have to spend some time fine tune your setting.

I don't know anything about the Tanabe, but it sounds like a good product. Someone with some extra cash should try both and write a thorough review about them.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Namir
Registered Member

No problem, glad I could clear it up.

Free bump.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 AM
AvosG37

lou, have u tried wit hotchkis?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
sbmwg37s

What's the stiffness of those?
The hotchkis front sway bar is way stiffer than the stock one.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

The hotchiks are stiffer than these. The tanabe's are more of a upgraded street version of the OE anti sway bars. They are also none adjustable. Hallow just like the hotckis and are also lighter than the OE bars.

There were no exact numbers on the stiffness on these, only available specs are the thickness of the bars which is posted on the first page

In any case, even if i somewhat track my G37, I really like the fact that these are non adjustables because it eliminates the guessing game. I track for fun, not for competition. Its great to have adjustable bars for those who like to fiddle with the setup but i'm ok with these because i really feel that with my coilovers and my underbraces, i don't need them to be anymore stiffer than what they are, but they are stiff enough for me to notice less body roll but soft enough not to compromise the ride quality too much. Yes for those who is wondering, the stiffer your anti sway bars, the firmer the ride quality is.

Also, the TANABE bars can be purchased individually, instead of a set.

Hope that helps and let me know if any more questions and i'll try my best to answer any more questions
Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
AvosG37

Lou, Pm me price for the f/r n install includin. also when r u avaible to install? im free twm until 3.

Quick Reply: Special Taking Pre orders, TANABE STABILIZER(SWAY BARS) for G37 from AMPLIFIED