Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

How to Enable the G37 Tire Pressure Menu!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 03:00 PM
Thedhc
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess theres no way of retrofitting that easily?
Old 10-02-2023, 03:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by Thedhc
Other than buying four TPMS, having them installed along with the wheels rebalanced, then pairing the new sensors to the car... all this on the guesswork that your 13 year old European control unit is capable of receiving and processing TPMS signals?

Yikes.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

It just clicked for me that the OP and I have the identical model year cars, leather color notwithstanding. And he's been at this for 6 years.

I should probably spend some time on his youtube channel. Man, he's created a lot of content.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Thedhc
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Other than buying four TPMS, having them installed along with the wheels rebalanced, then pairing the new sensors to the car... all this on the guesswork that your 13 year old European control unit is capable of receiving and processing TPMS signals?

Yikes.
Yeah, but can you pair sensors to the car if by factory it did not come with tpms sensors?
At some point i will be changing wheels so might as well add this if its possible.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:05 PM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

Received 329 Likes on 145 Posts
It just clicked for me that the OP and I have the identical model year cars, leather color notwithstanding. And he's been at this for 6 years.
I should probably spend some time on his youtube channel. Man, he's created a lot of content.
From a car perspective you are my American twin.

We both had a 4th gen Maxima, both have a 11 G37 Sport, in white, and soon, I'll also be tuned by Eugene.
You have been to my channel before. I remember a comment from you about 5 years ago on the "how to change diff oil" video.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:14 PM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

That is a very difficult question to answer.

There is a chance your BCM could be re-configured with a different "type ID" to enable TPMS. (only because it is an optional extra in your region)
However, there is no way I could test that, as it would require a similar (Non North America) BCM and four 433 Mhz TPMS sensors.

To put the navigation unit back to where it was (no Tire pressure menu) enter this:sys 2 9 1 13 0
Old 10-02-2023, 04:16 PM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

I contacted the previous owner, he told me my car almost came with all options...except for TPMS and adaptive cruise controle....tough luck
Well, at least you know why it didn't work
Old 10-02-2023, 05:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by MotorvateDIY
and soon, I'll also be tuned by Eugene.
My recollection is that Eugene will give you as much time in conversation as you're willing to put into it. Given what he does, butted up against what you've done with the car, I figure you guys will get along fine.

I'm looking forward to that video. In the meantime, I kind of documented my process in a much, much less technical way than you would, LOL

https://www.myg37.com/forums/ecu-tun...e-project.html

Sorry for the OT, but whatever.
The following users liked this post:
MotorvateDIY (10-03-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Thedhc
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MotorvateDIY
That is a very difficult question to answer.

There is a chance your BCM could be re-configured with a different "type ID" to enable TPMS. (only because it is an optional extra in your region)
However, there is no way I could test that, as it would require a similar (Non North America) BCM and four 433 Mhz TPMS sensors.

To put the navigation unit back to where it was (no Tire pressure menu) enter this:sys 2 9 1 13 0
Yeah i know now more things work different, like holding lock & unlock button does not enable honk, but enables the unlock on press of driver door only. The other doors stay locked for example. Wonder what else is different....
Old 11-10-2023, 08:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

This thread went silent. Didn't anybody else here follow through on this Nav hack?

Also, I just read back through here, and realized I never properly thanked the OP for this work.

Thank you, Frank.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-10-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-10-2023, 11:54 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
I'll probably do this once I get off my *** and buy the replacement Navi screen from Icrap if he still has it. Mine's has a huge light spot in the middle from LCD separation. Still readable just 97 Sony TV screen look
Old 11-13-2023, 07:39 AM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

This thread went silent. Didn't anybody else here follow through on this Nav hack?
Also, I just read back through here, and realized I never properly thanked the OP for this work.
Thank you, Frank.
No need to thank me

Based on the comments from the video, this has been confirmed to worked on the 2010-2015 370 in North America and Europe, 2011 EX35, 2017 QX50 and all 2010+ G37.

This should work on any 2010+ Nissan/Infiniti with the "08IT" navigation. Here is a list from infiniti.navigation.com and nissan.navigation.com in late 2022 before they stopped selling the map updates.

Old 11-14-2023, 09:56 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
Haven't touched the car since this came out - after Oct 1 the year accelerates and I barely have time to pee until after new years.
Old 11-18-2023, 03:48 PM
Peepz
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Of course I have to be that one guy with a problem. I have no idea what I did but now my whole unit is sluggish and slow to respond. Ive tried turning the car off and letting it sit for a few but it turns on to the last page I left it at. No Infiniti boot screen either.

I've been using an M1 Mac pro as I've read others have too but that's just for the car. Using a 16gb flash drive that was reformatted with sd reformatter on Windows 10 and created the txt file on Windows 10 as well. I followed the video but I get stuck at the putty (or in my case serial tools) part. Car just doesn't want to go into debug mode. Just my luck! 🙃🙃

Any ideas of suggestions?
Old 11-20-2023, 08:40 AM
MotorvateDIY
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Peepz
Of course I have to be that one guy with a problem. I have no idea what I did but now my whole unit is sluggish and slow to respond. Ive tried turning the car off and letting it sit for a few but it turns on to the last page I left it at. No Infiniti boot screen either.

I've been using an M1 Mac pro as I've read others have too but that's just for the car. Using a 16gb flash drive that was reformatted with sd reformatter on Windows 10 and created the txt file on Windows 10 as well. I followed the video but I get stuck at the putty (or in my case serial tools) part. Car just doesn't want to go into debug mode. Just my luck! 🙃🙃

Any ideas of suggestions?
I assume you are trying this on a G37, which model and what year?
What is your navigation version? (Info > Navigation Version or Info > Other > Navigation Version)

"sd reformatter on Windows 10" > Did you mean the sdcard.org formatter program? If not, that is the next thing to try.
Also, in Windows, make sure the "show extensions" is turned on and check to make sure the filename isn't "UsbDebugStart.ivanaX.txt"
Or just check the filename on your Mac. (Note: During testing on my bench top navigation unit, my M1 Pro Mac Studio worked, so this isn't a Mac issue)

You can also add a line a text like "UsbDebugStart.ivanaX" in the UsbDebugStart.ivanaX file. Some systems don't seem to like an empty file.

As for not having a boot screen, what happens if you leave the car for a few hours and then start it. Do you see the boot screen then?

Quick Reply: How to Enable the G37 Tire Pressure Menu!